IT.COM

On Sedo.com a domain was mistakenly purchased by me but I don't want that domain, now what to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Varun Patil

Established Member
Impact
On sedo.com a domain was mistakenly purchased by me but I don't want that domain, and I have mailed them about this problem but they are sending me mails to make payment of 8000 USD , now what to do ? I don't have even 5 dollars I am a student . I don't have that much money. How can I get out from this situation , please help me. They are saying that they will take legal action against me. Please help me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting thing is that the OP states the domain was Lapresa*com. I checked the whois and there is no privacy. The registrant is Howard Hoffman.

I then searched here on NP for the name Howard Hoffman and found that he is mentioned many times in this forum.

Seems the seller is a long time domainer and writer....
The new Cover Story is out at Domain Name Journal.

Off to See the Wizard: Will WLS Demolish Domain Drop Catchers?

The story focuses on what WLS will mean for the owner of one small business - Gordon Martin, who runs the independent drop service DropWizard.com. Martin faces a major blow to his company and is understandably anti-WLS.

There is a companion piece this month (also on the front page, just below the Cover Story) with a completely different view of WLS, written by Howard Hoffman, a domainer who is an advocate of the new service.

We are hopeful these articles will put a human face on the whole WLS controversy and be informative to those who are still wondering exactly what is at stake.

Seems this buyer might have an understanding seller if he approaches it correctly. Good Luck.

•••
•••
I have “sold” many names for more than $1k each but a lot of buyers won’t pay and claim it was a mistake.

Please Stop!

•••
well, the OP may not pay but his reputation in the industry has been ruined.

•••
With 1 million members, we can all contribute 1 cent each - that's $10k right there. After paying off Sedo, that leaves the OP with $2k to party hard for an entire weekend.

•••
With 1 million members, we can all contribute 1 cent each - that's $10k right there. After paying off Sedo, that leaves the OP with $2k to party hard for an entire weekend.

Not only that. It will probably give him a worthy domain to start his career and may be at the end of the year he might be featured on thedomainblog or something having sold and made $XXXXX out of it. And he is in high school

•••
•••
How can I get out from this situation , please help me. They are saying that they will take legal action against me. Please help me.
IME, Sedo is full of :poop:! I've had numerous buyers back out on their site, and they don't do jack squat.

It's a bluff, and their name should be SeeNoDough.com instead of Sedo. (n)

•••
i think they provide the info of the Dead Beat buyer if requested.

•••
I had someone do the same thing and stiff me on FoxyTrip.com for $3,500 after bidding.
I was given their email info. Contacted the guy.
He had some domains but played the violin saying he accidentally clicked buy.

he apologized I accepted. case closed. but worse case scenario Sedo limits your activities on Sedo if you do that.

•••
Waiting for this Admaking person to tell us the domain name, hoping one of us buys it.

•••
"it wasn't me ...... it him, it was The Warriors !"

•••
There may be a cooling off period for this type of contract depending on your country. Sedo can say it's legally binding, but that only applies within their own country. So they can ban you, and the seller can pursue legal action if that's even possible. Maybe I missed it, but how exactly did you initiate the purchase? I haven't ever bought off Sedo so I'm no familiar with the checkout process.

•••
So, what's the update @Varun Patil? you got any pardon letters from SEDO yet?

•••
•••
•••
On sedo.com a domain was mistakenly purchased by me but I don't want that domain, and I have mailed them about this problem but they are sending me mails to make payment of 8000 USD , now what to do ? I don't have even 5 dollars I am a student . I don't have that much money. How can I get out from this situation , please help me. They are saying that they will take legal action against me. Please help me.

Sorry to say this, but you can follow their ethics.
Just ignore their mails, they can't do anything. I had my domains sold at sedo but did not receive payment and sedo did nothing to the buyer. When i contacted them about the same, sedo replied that i can take action on the buyer fir not paying. This is a ridiculous answer as we can do nothing to the buyer if he does not pay.
You can just do the same.

•••
no update from OP ? I hope Mr Patil fine out there!

•••
What a coincidence! A smart guy with the name "Patil" has offered me a fake offer for $50.000 for name. His first name seems to be different than yours.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
How many time have you not been paid due to clowns like this? What I find annoying is how sympathetic people are to this. People on this forum need to also take contracts seriously if your going to be so helpful help the poor seller that is getting screwed.

•••
I once took a loan with interest because a shitty ass like this placed a $21,000 bid on my domain on Sedo which I accepted. He never showed up again and I was left with a debit to pay.

This guy deserve a slap :banghead::punch:

•••
I once took a loan with interest because a sh*tty ass like this placed a $21,000 bid on my domain on Sedo which I accepted. He never showed up again and I was left with a debit to pay.

This guy deserve a slap

If this is true then this is so alarming! You mean to say you didn't get back your domain?

That means Mr Patil may keep the domain and $8000 as well?!?!

•••
I am not a lawyer. So I don't want this to be confused as legitimate legal advice. This is only my opinion. The buyer may have made an agreement but no cash has been exchanged or accepted. No domain has been transferred. Neither party has suffered an actual loss. Varun Patil has basically stated that he entered into an agreement he couldn't and wouldn't comply with. Because of this Sedo should ban him. Basically no sale has transacted. Sedo should not be able to charge a fee for the auction nor will they. I don't like or approve of what Varun did. The threats Sedo is making is just a threat. Verun doesn't need a lawyer or legal advice until a lawsuit is filed, Any one can file a lawsuit but I doubt that will happen. I think Varun Patil and others like him lackt appreciation for legitimate business. I think that is why there are so many sarcastic comments. I think the best way to help him and others is by setting an example of good behavior and sharing good advice. The positive in all this Varun has acknowledged his error and is asking for advice, and even coming clean with Sedo. I truly believe Varun is sincere and will learn a valuable lesson from this incident.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back