IT.COM

On Sedo.com a domain was mistakenly purchased by me but I don't want that domain, now what to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Varun Patil

Established Member
Impact
On sedo.com a domain was mistakenly purchased by me but I don't want that domain, and I have mailed them about this problem but they are sending me mails to make payment of 8000 USD , now what to do ? I don't have even 5 dollars I am a student . I don't have that much money. How can I get out from this situation , please help me. They are saying that they will take legal action against me. Please help me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So when they said please confirm to click this, and you entered your confirmation information, yet you don't even have $5, what business do you have making purchases on domains.

I don't think you are going to find much sympathy here. You need to spend your time emailing sedo support, and letting them know this story, nobody here can really help you.

I have been thru this a few times, so I feel for the seller, whose time you have wasted, along with sedo's.

If sedo does ban you, it would probably be for the best, as you have no business being on there if you have no funds to purchase domains, they would be doing you a favor, protecting you from yourself, and protecting all sellers on the platform also.

•••
I'll keep an eye out for a NP thread later this week,

"Someone bought my domain name for $8000 at Sedo, HELP WHAT TO DO!"

•••
If you don't have even 5 dollars, why do you "click" on a 8k domain? Just for fun?

Last edited:
•••
Make sure you don't open the door if this guy is knocking on it, run and tell your mommy first:
Broker_1420x792_EVANSON.jpg
:

•••
Oh crap!

I accidently walked into a car dealership today and bought a Porsche, signed all the paperwork and took the car home. Can someone advise me how i can get out of the sale since i don't have any money!

PS. im selling my car please offer:

upload_2018-3-13_15-36-21.png

Model: Ford, Honda, And some Chevy
KM: 6,000,000 Km
Features: New tires
Price: $139,000

Last edited:
•••
They won't take legal action but you will be banned from Sedo. This is good. You shouldn't be there.

•••
LOL Yeah the "Someone Bought My Domain for 8K but Wont Pay" thread just around the corner

•••
Tell them your toddler age kid was playing at the keyboard

•••
•••
•••
I know how you feel. One night in Vegas, I accidentally gambled $10,000 at slots, got married, and bought 50 acres of desert land.

I felt terrible the next morning.

Kept the wife, though. That part wasn't so bad.

•••
It's funny how people do funny things all over the internet and come to namepros asking for help? Are WE the help-experts now? Free advice, anyone?

•••
I don't know anything about this please help me , please understand my circumstances

Listen @Varun Patil you have already been told several times, I'll repeat it for you.

SEDO will not sue you, it has to be the domain owner and for 8k it is highly unlikely that will happen because the domain owner would have to factor in the cost of the lawsuit. As soon as he hears you are a student he will see this situation as pointless and move on.

Ignore it, let them close your sedo account and move on.

THIS IS REAL ADVICE, been said several times now, YOU JUST NEED TO LISTEN!!

Last edited:
•••
You're technically under legal obligation if you followed through with the entire purchasing procedure. However, you're not the first person to have reneged on a deal.

Contact Sedo and/or your transfer broker directly in an attempt to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
You may be banned from their platform, but you'll ultimately be okay.

•••
post picture of your emails from them

I never heard sedo threaten legal action for this kind of situation.

so imo the only thing you should be concerned about is them closing your account if u do not pay. .. but since you say you have no money to buy, then maybe this will be no big deal to you.. plus other sellers will not be getitng false sale alerts cause your just clicking around with your mouse.

gl

Sedo doesn't threaten legal action themselves, they make the buyer aware that the seller is able to pursue legal action.

•••
It's not just a click, you checked a box that agrees to terms and conditions.

•••
If you buy or sell something on sedo and don't follow through. They come for your arm leg and soul. If you don't want to pay. I suggest you hide in your basement and keep the lights off

Last edited:
•••
With 1 million members, we can all contribute 1 cent each - that's $10k right there. After paying off Sedo, that leaves the OP with $2k to party hard for an entire weekend.

•••
post picture of your emails from them

I never heard sedo threaten legal action for this kind of situation.

so imo the only thing you should be concerned about is them closing your account if u do not pay. .. but since you say you have no money to buy, then maybe this will be no big deal to you.. plus other sellers will not be getitng false sale alerts cause your just clicking around with your mouse.

gl

Last edited:
•••
Turn yourself in to your local police station. (y)

•••
Now what to do ? I have a domain which is mine that is changeit.info if anyone wants it please help me to cope this situation
So you were trying to list changeit.info for sale, and you ended up paying $8K for lapresa.com, now I totally get it, you should be suing them, you are the real victim here.

•••
•••
Yes, you should hire a top notch attorney who will charge you $10k, to fight your $8k purchase, how did you end up at namepros?

•••
They will take your first born.

•••
Who is he?
And please tell me solution and not frightening messages
I'll help you.

1/ learn from this experience
2/ nothing bad will happen

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back