Dynadot

Ok finally transferred all domains and parked them at Sedo with buy now - Now what?

NameSilo
Watch

buyresaledomains

Established Member
Impact
All my domains are currently using the default sedo theme. Looks like this eazyaspie.com. Are there any themes that perform better than others? Either in sales or clicks? And should I keep it set to automatic or change them to 1 click or 2 click or portal? They are all parked at sedo and hosted at godaddy. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"BUY NOW" WARNING:

If your domain expire or you sell it somewhere else, and someone "buys it now" at sedo - sedo will make you pay their commission share (which is minimum $50) REGARDLESS your lack of control over domain and your inability to complete the sale and receive the money for it. You will have to pay them $50 (the least) of YOUR money while getting NO REVENUE from them.

Unless you know you will always keep your sedo list up to date and delete every expired or sold elsewhere domain, switch it to "MAKE OFFER"!

•••
All my domains are currently using the default sedo theme. Looks like this eazyaspie.com. Are there any themes that perform better than others? Either in sales or clicks? And should I keep it set to automatic or change them to 1 click or 2 click or portal? They are all parked at sedo and hosted at godaddy. Thanks

Don't park at Sedo if you are counting on parking revenue. That is the general consensus though some people have had some luck there..

For the domains that I do have listed there I personally use the Sales Lander page - which prominently displays to the visitor that the domain is indeed for sale.

And yes, heed dompro's warning. So stay up to date on your listings and remove any fixed-price names that you may have sold outside Sedo.

•••
Don't park at Sedo if you are counting on parking revenue. That is the general consensus though some people have had some luck there..

For the domains that I do have listed there I personally use the Sales Lander page - which prominently displays to the visitor that the domain is indeed for sale.

And yes, heed dompro's warning. So stay up to date on your listings and remove any fixed-price names that you may have sold outside Sedo.

Cool I'll do that. Anybody know of a way to "bulk edit the layouts"?

•••

Please keep us posted on how you do. My experiences have been very poor at Sedo.

Examples:

- My domain listings seem to "lose" keywords. That is, suddenly the keywords that I have spent time keying in are no longer there. And for multiple languages too. Lots of wasted time.

- I earn maybe 5, 10, 25 CENTS per day. If lucky, 25 cents! Average is about 9 dollars per month for almost 500 domains listed with them. Pretty poor if you ask me. My names are not one-word category killers but they're certainly not crap either. They're mostly 2 word generic and brandables.

- The "sponsored listings" ads are NOTHING near what my master keyword and listing category is set for. For example I have a domain related to earphones and I have the keyword as earphones as well as the category set to "Shopping/Consumer Electronics/Other" -- the closest I can match the category to but the sponsored ads that display are "create a facebook profile", "free photo editing", "top job openings", "jobs in dubai".... NOTHING to do with earphones, headphones, etc Thats pretty damn sad if you ask me. There is no wonder I am earning next to nothing.

I try to keep up with these domain listings but its time consuming. Sedo is where I have sold my domains and with pretty good consistency in the past. I'd rather sell domains than park them for PPC, but while they're waiting to sell I'd like to make some money... I dont have the time to build any of these out so parking is all I can do at the moment. Sedo has not been good to me at all.

Please let us know how you do. Maybe you have better luck!!

•••
I'll give it a month and see. After that ill they parkingcrew to compare

•••
I would suggest you both open up an account with Above.com, and let Above.com decide which of your parking companies pays the best for your domains. My best two paying parking companies are Voodoo & DomainSponsor. I agree with AGAME. Sedo is not where you want to park your domains and get good parking income (there may be few exceptions). Besides what AGAME says above, Sedo only pay for the first click by a visitor. Most parking companies pay for every click by a visitor. That can add up to a lot of revenue lost. Generally EPC is better too. But that is why it is worth using Above.com to distribute your visitors to you parking companies. Saves a lot of hassle, and works.

•••
Thanks Stub I will do that. DomainSponsor looks good.

•••
I would suggest you both open up an account with Above.com, and let Above.com decide which of your parking companies pays the best for your domains. My best two paying parking companies are Voodoo & DomainSponsor. I agree with AGAME. Sedo is not where you want to park your domains and get good parking income (there may be few exceptions). Besides what AGAME says above, Sedo only pay for the first click by a visitor. Most parking companies pay for every click by a visitor. That can add up to a lot of revenue lost. Generally EPC is better too. But that is why it is worth using Above.com to distribute your visitors to you parking companies. Saves a lot of hassle, and works.

Thanks! I will give Above.com a look. Its a lot of work moving 500 domains around here and there, but hopefully it will pay off.

Sedo only pays for the first click? Man that sucks. I am 12 hours into Sedo's "day" of parking already and currently I am at $0 in PPC, 0 clicks, 0 CTR, 0 RPM, etc.... Usually I have a few pennies by now. But the zeros across the board are typical when NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM resolves to www gabby-douglas com and this is something I have been asking Sedo for 5 months to explain. How their main parking nameserver gets redirected to someone's personal web site which is also for sale at Sedo! No one can explain it to me. So its time to leave.

:td:

Last edited:
•••
NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM is a nameserver. It is not suppose to resolve anywhere, or if it does it is up to sedo to decide.

if one of your domains redirects to another domain while you have put "NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM" it might be a sedo problem, but might be something wrong with your registrar - try to change it to registrar's defaults, tahn to NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM again

•••
But the zeros across the board are typical when NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM resolves to www gabby-douglas com and this is something I have been asking Sedo for 5 months to explain. How their main parking nameserver gets redirected to someone's personal web site which is also for sale at Sedo! No one can explain it to me. So its time to leave.

:td:

Not clear what is happening here.

The only time redirecting at Sedo should happen is if zero-click is enabled for a domain and they don't have any ads to show.

Though that's a weird website to be forwarding to. So Sedo has not responded to your inquiries about this? Something might be amiss from your end.

•••
•••
•••
That article was from 2009. Times have changed.

Plus as a webhost, their domains had significant traffic, because their domains belonged to customers who ran websites.

Surely what you say is true. But god you guys are good at bursting bubbles lol. I don't care how much it makes - anything is more than nothing. I only want to park them at the best place (AKA highest paying) and forget about them. Suggestion welcome?! Currently I just moved them all over to domainsponser. Their customer support seems to be Johnny on the spot. They seem to have nice options in the back end and nice templates. But I did find their software and sign up process to be a bit buggy. Just a few little things that if I were coding it would flow better. Nothing I could not figure out though.

•••
Like stub said, use Above.com to optimize your parking earnings at all the parking companies. It's free to use. What Above does is it rotates and tests your domains on various parking companies and determines where it performs best.

Above.com is a parking manager, not a parking company, so they are not biased.

•••
Like stub said, use Above.com to optimize your parking earnings at all the parking companies. It's free to use. What Above does is it rotates and tests your domains on various parking companies and determines where it performs best.

Above.com is a parking manager, not a parking company, so they are not biased.

Yep. And saved you all that work moving your domains around and checking who is best for which domain, AGAME

@buyresaledomains DomainSponsor is difficult to get into. But you should keep trying. But even when you get in, add them to your Above account. Let them do all the optimizing for you because not every domain does well at only 1 company.

•••
Yep. And saved you all that work moving your domains around and checking who is best for which domain, AGAME

@buyresaledomains DomainSponsor is difficult to get into. But you should keep trying. But even when you get in, add them to your Above account. Let them do all the optimizing for you because not every domain does well at only 1 company.

I got in to domainsponser. But adding a parking complaining is not that easy as it should be at above.com

•••
Not clear what is happening here.

The only time redirecting at Sedo should happen is if zero-click is enabled for a domain and they don't have any ads to show.

Though that's a weird website to be forwarding to. So Sedo has not responded to your inquiries about this? Something might be amiss from your end.

Zero click takes people to a commercial web site. Like Amazon or Apple or Microsoft or Nike or Burger King........... something like that. Not to someone's personal site about some Olympic gymnast. I have discussed that with Sedo customer support. They stopped responding to me after mid-April.

The problem is not likely not to be at my end. I have tried the TRACERT from a friend's house, I got same thing.

I've also done tracert from my smartphone and got the same redirect results.

I've even used http://pop.robtex.com/ns1.sedoparking.com.html#records and you can see it right there.

So it seems as if this would be affecting everyone, when its actually pointing to it..

By the way, another zero across the board day for my 500 domains. I cant see how its possible that 500 domains did not receive at least ONE visit. Ha. And support has told me this is normal. I dont believe it at all.

Something definitely isnt right. I have provided them plenty of screen shots showing whats happening. They just stopped responding. I am going to move 500 domains out of their parking system. I dont trust it.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM is a nameserver. It is not suppose to resolve anywhere, or if it does it is up to sedo to decide.

if one of your domains redirects to another domain while you have put "NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM" it might be a sedo problem, but might be something wrong with your registrar - try to change it to registrar's defaults, tahn to NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM again

If I do a tracert on NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and the last hop ends at someone's personal website about some athlete, thats normal? It even shows up here:

http://pop.robtex.com/ns1.sedoparking.com.html#records

The A record has gabby-douglas.com in it. Compare it to NS2....

http://pop.robtex.com/ns2.sedoparking.com.html#records

Try it. I just went there from my cell phone which is via a cellular carrier and not anything to do with my PC or network. I've asked a friend to send me screen shots from a different part of the country and different ISP.

When NS1 routes doesnt route to ns1-d.sedoparking.com or ns1-e.sedoparking.com and instead routes to gabby-douglas.com, I notice that I cant get into the pages where I can administer my parked domains. Also, the parked domains themselves time out.

I reported this back on 12/31/12 and someone told me it was a problem that was corrected and apologized. I noticed it again in March and thus far they've been very vague about whats going on, and have even stopped responding to my requests for more info about this issue.

I am willing to concede that you probably know more about this stuff than I do. I dont know all too much about networks and routing, but I get this feeling something just isnt right.

•••
The A record has gabby-douglas.com in it.

you mean the name server is on the same IP address as gabby-douglas.com?

Than it either intentional or intensional bug when the nameserver is malfunctioning and not able to resolve the domain properly it give out own IP.

Alternatively, something might be wrong with your computer/DNS client that when it is not getting correct response from the nameserver it assumes the result is the ip of the nameserver?

•••
Alternatively, something might be wrong with your computer/DNS client that when it is not getting correct response from the nameserver it assumes the result is the ip of the nameserver?

I would agree but my smartphone (on a completely different, LTE network as well as a friend of mine in a different part of the U.S. also having the identical TRACERT - when its occurring?)

I could say yes if those other two tests failed.

I dont know. I still dont feel comfortable at Sedo Parking anymore. This an other oddities are forcing my hand to look elsewhere. Going to consider what others have suggested in the thread.

•••
above.com?

Morning,

Just occured to me. You have to set DNS records to point at the current parking host. So how do you set that up so the parking companey can change at whim? Because above.com moves them around automatically right?

•••
You use somebody like above.com. In fact I don't know any other company that does this. They will save you a ton of work if you use them. No more putting your domains at one parking company for 2 months, recording the results by domain in a spreadsheet. Then putting them at another parking company for 2 months and recording the results by domain in a spreadsheet. Then putting them at a 3rd parking company for 2 months and recording the results by domain in a spreadsheet. then analyzing the results of the spreadsheet, and then changing the DNS for each domain to the highest paying parking provider. Above.com does all this for you in real-time.

•••
I never had any problems adding a parking company to my account at Above.com. It's just a matter of picking your parking company from a menu and putting in your username and password for that company. Leave everything else as default.

•••
Yes I agree I like. I just need to understand how the DNS works?

•••
Have you Googled "How DNS works"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back