IT.COM

.de Official .DE Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi..

just wanted to know

whats the value of .de domains..i know they are the second place after .com but what i wanna know is that

if i register a ENGLISH word lets say.... i register:

PROFESSIONAL.DE

whats the value of that...even though its not german...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by csmaster2005
.de is not like .us, you don't have to live in germany to register one

Righto ... simply search around for the best pricing, I've been getting a LOT of stuff lately from RegisterFly on their "specials" so why not start there, IMHO.
All the best!
B-)

•••
by the way.. is it me or is registerfly growing big time? :)

•••
Originally posted by csmaster2005
by the way.. is it me or is registerfly growing big time? :)

It's you! :)
Have a great domain weekend, CSM.
B-)

•••
I tried regfly already but it didnt let me reg .de
is it me or is it them?
:)

•••
what did it say to you when you tried to reg?

•••
.de beats .net

Statistics show that .de beats .net :tu:

http://domainworldwide.com/

Rank Domain Registered Comments Designation
1 .COM 21,336,063 Commercial
2 .DE 5,459,604 Germany / Deutschland
3 .NET 3,631,270 Network
4 .CO.UK 3,080,659 UK Commercial
5 .ORG 2,333,855 Organization
6 .INFO 828,223 Information
7 .IT 681,779 Italy
8 .BIZ 666,399 Business
9 .NL 617,045 The Netherlands *
10 .CC 581,147 Cocos (Keeling) Islands *
11 .TV 473,168 Tuvalu *
12 .COM.AR 463,571 Argentina
13 .CH 442,512 Switzerland *
14 .BR 406,355 Brazil
15 .CO.KR 403,556 Korea, Republic of (South)
16 .DK 378,996 Denmark *
17 .US 315,215 United States
18 .CA 272,071 Canada
19 .COM.AU 254,168 Australia Commercial *
20 .WS 253,029 Samoa

•••
That's really surprising, I didn't think that such a ccTLD would actually be able to top a generic domain extension.

•••
I am telling you, ccTLDs are tha future ,D

•••
Yep, you might have a very good point there cmos.

•••
.de is the .com in Europe ... I've also noticed high sales of .de ext at sedo (which is a german site)... agree also with cmos :)

•••
.de is no .com in Europe, .de is only used by germans.

•••
Originally posted by netPH
.de is the .com in Europe ...

Really......?

I can see UK companies buying .de extensions... 0-)

Or might it be that the german economy is one of strongest in the world and hence their own demand is therefore strong.

That comment is almost as stupid as someone from the UK buying kerryedwards.co.uk.... Because .co.uk is the dotcom in the US... Wait a minute, Ive gone crosseyed

•••
Also co.uk beats .org and co.uk sell well at Sedo. In uk and Germany most companies now use ccTLD in preference to com/net/org. Those in Europe have been aware of this for some time and have been busy registering the decent ccTLD domain names.

•••
Those stats in the first post are VERY old. .DE is over 6 million regs now. .US has a half million MORE than that old list shows and has now shot into the top 10. .Info and .biz are also both past the one million mark It remains true that .DE has more regs than .Net but that has been the case for a long time.

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by cmos
.de is no .com in Europe, .de is only used by germans.

Are you very sure that .de are used by Germans only :doubt:

•••
If a local biz regs their domain in a other ccTLD that just plain stupidity ;D

If they are not international ;D

•••
Come on man, would a US company buy a .ws.....

Why would anyone outside germany buy a .De???

youre not serious surely??

•••
•••
heh... most .de's were not bought by local "existing" businesses rather... bought by domain investors, internationally, ... lots of generic .de are parked and no use. I know someone from Hong Kong who owns 300+ .de top generics.

•••
Oh ok, I think i see your point. What ur saying is '.de is the .com in europe' because of the demand by traders not because every one in europe is buyng .de's to use???

•••
Does anyone know of any other sites that offer such statistics on domain name extensions registered?

•••
exactly... probably these investors realize the value of this .de ... I believe these investors are not stupid to waste reg fee to .de's.. the stats prooves that .de is almost, or what should I say is second to the mighty .com

•••
I am a uk based web developer and most of my clients prefer good quality co.uk domains to any other extension.

•••
but ud have to speak german to understand the benefits. As cmos's now invisible NP said, regged bigben.de and buy yourself probably a worthless domain. At least with .co.uk we all dig the same lingady....

•••
well you guys also have to consider how many end useres there are. domain broker...business that's ok but there are also more and more internet users in eu/germany the internet is getting cehaper there, too.

adi

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back