IT.COM

.de Official .DE Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi..

just wanted to know

whats the value of .de domains..i know they are the second place after .com but what i wanna know is that

if i register a ENGLISH word lets say.... i register:

PROFESSIONAL.DE

whats the value of that...even though its not german...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah anders, hes not saying .de is the .com of europe because everyone in europe is buying .de to use, more that .de is the biggest active market (in domain sales) and as popular a purchase as .com is say in the US..

It was just worded ( with all due respect to netph ) slightly misleadingly...

Anyway, we are all giving @dminkit far too many NB$$ for what at the outset was a reasonably lame and incorrect thread. No offence @dminkit!

•••
definitely no offense here Ian :) this is a very nice discussion we're doing here....

:wave:

•••
Well I do think that most ccTLD have alot of sales that doesnt go thrue brookers.

But yeah, .de has probably alot of guys buying .de just to sell more activly than other ccTLDs.

But then I think .ws i more the .com, cause noone is registering a .ws to develope it ;D hehe

But then .ws isnt european ;D

Just wanted to say, that the most domains regged here at namepros is more than often sold to a other brooker than a enduser. So ccTLDs leads to alot more sells to endusers than .com and .us atm.

The .COM market is now more like a stockmarket ;D ccTLDs often gets used.

•••
seems .ws is a bit long to pronounce... "dou-ble-u-s" :lol: that's why few want to reg it

•••
It is interesting to get a range of thoughts on ccTLD compared to com/net/org. IMHO the value and use of ccTLD is determined by the size of each countries internal economy and customer demand for content which meets their needs.

•••
said like a true brit...!

Wait a sec, Anders...???? Hmm that doesnt sound right.

:))))))))

•••
In this case then probably .cn would be the next to .com .de in the years to come :?

and how about thoes .ws .cc .tv? they're aint large economies? islands?

Originally posted by andersdb
It is interesting to get a range of thoughts on ccTLD compared to com/net/org. IMHO the value and use of ccTLD is determined by the size of each countries internal economy and customer demand for content which meets their needs.

Last edited:
•••
What .DE hell is going on here...
:)

•••
Originally posted by wow!
What .DE hell is going on here...
:)

wow! :bingo:

•••
Heh, sure looks like it is wow!. :p

•••
•••
Awesome, thanks for sharing that website with us Duke. :tu:

•••
Hello from Sedo,

Just thought you might be interested in this story on the .de market that was recently featured in DN Journal:

http://www.dnjournal.com/columns/dotde.htm

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

•••
Originally posted by Raf
Does anyone know of any other sites that offer such statistics on domain name extensions registered?
DailyChanges.com shows daily changes for .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ, .US, and .WS domains.

Originally posted by cmos
.de is only used by germans.
Not really, some people register .de domains to resell them.

•••
.de extension

hey guys, help me out, anyone know of a reg who sells .de extensions.

Has to be a german registrar i guess being that i dont live there

•••
•••
•••
idotz.net

i have had .de without being in germany with them

•••
•••
cant regged at enom or godaddy... Not being a german citizen

Anyway, enom at mid $$ is way more expensive than the link provided by fattie

•••
united-domains.de

12€ per domain, great service. You can register lots of other European ccTLDs with them as well

•••
10euro something at dd24.net

•••
Originally posted by collieri
10euro something at dd24.net

agree, it appears to be cheaper. can't comment any further, haven't tried them so far. But I have used united-domains, they're good in all respects.

•••
Originally posted by lind
united-domains.de

12€ per domain, great service. You can register lots of other European ccTLDs with them as well

Does united-domains offer to serve as a proxy for the .DE requirement?

•••
Do you need to be a "German resident" to ge ta .de, like .us domains require?

True_Snake

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back