NameSilo

.cc Official .CC Discussion and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How much are .cc domains worth ? Just wanna know ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The .cc looks bad for a while now in terms of selling but I parked my Motors CC with Sedo in February and already got ~500 uniques and 12EUR earnings! Didn't expect that.

•••
If anyone wants crap.cc let me know. This stinker's about to drop.

•••
CC.cc names can still sell well, I've had buyers from China offering up to mid $XXX, but they're too expensive to carry, $18/y or more in all registrars I know. The fact that many extensions do not even allow for 2-char domains helps

As to generics, NNN or LLL in the .cc extension, good luck, I see so many of them dropping like flies, some never get one single bid and some are really hot domains

The only assured ones are the LL.cc and NN.cc types, those are truly rare, at least I never see any go for sale. The 100 NN.cc in existence could've been handregged by a just a few parties. Marchex would hold series of numericals, but in the mainstream extensions

•••
I sold a one-word .CC (a nice word, but not something exceptional) for $ 1,000 last year - to a German buyer, who has not yet put it to use (blank landing page). Angel69 is right to remind that there is a market for .CC in China.

Regarding registrars, I am surprised that you do not mention Hexonet: cheapest .CC registrations/renewals, currently available at around $ 13, even less if you have a certain number of domain names in your account (more expensive, around $ 15.50, for those who live within EU, due to VAT). I have now my .CC with them: actually, I opened an account with them primarily for that purpose.

•••
I don't know Hexonet, I don't even remember hearing the name before, good to know, thanks for the tip. That is cheap, I had looked into this and never saw a rate less than $17-18 anywhere, even w/promos

It's also no guarantee someone will offer you $300 or more for any good CC.cc, so it's a risk you take by renewing that name 3- 4 yrs hoping for the right person

And if you've been paying almost $20/yr like me, that's $80 on top of what you paid (a couple/few hundred when things were thru the roof) then you get my drift, the margin of profit and risk involved are dicey things to consider, I'm not buying any and have not for some time. If a good NN.cc or LL.cc came along and I had the $ I'd consider it

Last edited:
•••
You are right, one should be careful in such an uncertain market. I have myself also not bought any new .CC for some time, it would need to be a name I really want or for which I see serious prospects. But I keep the best ones I have.

•••
I hope CC domain can grow-up like COM or CN. I just registered VCVC .. only $14.99 at UD .. may be cheaper than others (NC, GD, 1-1, Name, etc)

... and OMG .. I didn't read Tribulatio post before register .. there is $13 each .. :)) ..

Last edited:
•••
Seen a .cc advertised on a truck on the highway
ivycreek.cc
(IvyCreek custom cabinetry)

•••
•••
This extension needs something to stay alive. It is still catchy and cheap.

My only .cc ( motors ) was nearly sold for mid-high 3 figures but deal did not go through. In a way I am kinda glad that didn't happen as I will want to actively sell this for 4 figures. Will post any update.

•••
..finally got rid of taekwondo @ $250 ...a couple more left ...not adding anything including "premiums" on low to no end-user interest

•••
..finally got rid of taekwondo @ $250 ...a couple more left ...not adding anything including "premiums" on low to no end-user interest

This is my only .cc domain and the only reason I picked it up was because its taken in all extentions and some pretty obscure extensions. This definitely has premium keywords which is the only reason I picked this up. Small Business is Big Business these days.

Small Business credit cards

•••
This extension needs something to stay alive. It is still catchy and cheap.

My only .cc ( motors ) was nearly sold for mid-high 3 figures but deal did not go through. In a way I am kinda glad that didn't happen as I will want to actively sell this for 4 figures. Will post any update.

I have to update this, sold Motors(.)cc here on NP for $4xx.

It is not even close to what I wanted for it but being my only .cc and the fact that I really consider this extension as dying (no offense, wish best of luck in selling for owners in this extensions), I agreed to this deal. It's still a nearly 400% roi on it.

GL!

•••
just got Ecuador.cc , gets massive searches at 450K.

think i will try to develop , any ideas ?

Last edited:
•••
just got Ecuador.cc , gets massive searches at 450K.

think i will try to develop , any ideas ?

It was dropped by me :)

Good luck with it!

•••
It's a small world isn't it ? :)
And a new cycle begins :santa:

•••
•••
These just dropped and are available:

Thin
Lox
Toxic
Neon
Fruits

•••
Dogecoin
how money
so crypto
much coin
wow

•••
I let all my .CCs drop, I couldn't even get $20 - $30 bucks for them from endusers and I had some stellar 1-words.

Will never reg one again.

•••
I let all my .CCs drop, I couldn't even get $20 - $30 bucks for them from endusers and I had some stellar 1-words.

Will never reg one again.

You are in my boat. I am doing the same. No enduser is interested in .CC domains but I see lot of domainers going after .CC names. I wish them best of luck but I fear most of them will end up losing their money. I had some top quality keywords which are getting dropped now after keeping it for several years...

•••
From what I have seen and I know Shane Cultra has written about it too, the interest has been from China. The place to try to sell .cc names seems to be 4.cn. Surprisingly numbers are popular in .cc I expect .com and .cn but NNN.cc and even NNNN.cc sell sometime, the problem is .cc is not an $8 reg and renewal.

•••
Lasik.cc sold for $301 on Flippa.

•••
Hello i bought Tokio.cc (actually im try to sell it)

how You think GEO .CC works ?

•••
Hello i bought Tokio.cc (actually im try to sell it)

how You think GEO .CC works ?

In which languages is Tokyo usually spelt with a "i"?

Neither French or English, anyway. More exactly, it is accepted as an alternate spelling, but it is not the most common spelling.

Whatever the value (or lack of value) of .CC for GEO names, the spelling already presents a major hurdle. I doubt that you will be able to sell such a name,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back