NameSilo

Offering domains for trade? Is it possible?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Had a question maybe someone could help with....

There is a domain I'm interested in that is listed as a premium name on godaddy.
The price is higher than I'd like to spend.

Is it possible to make a lower offer on these premium listings?
And also I was curious.... is there anyway I could offer a few domains I own as a trade for their one domain? Is there a service through godaddy that would do that? I'm imagining no, but figured id ask.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The chances of reaching any agreement is slim to none. Needs a miracle to succeed.

•••
The owner may be willing to negotiate. If not sell your domains to raise cash :)

•••
I had the idea of staring a domain name exchange, I I even reg'd a name for it - DomainPX.com. I raised a thread here, but got no interests whatsoever. I thought that it might be a good idea to swop names with someone if you had a project name that you had decided not to start. You could have a cash adjustment either way to adjust differences in value.

As has been pointed out, the chances of finding someone who wants your name, and who has a name that you want is fairly slim. It's always worth asking, but don't expect market value for you name if you are after a domainer's name. :)

•••
BTW I have swapped domains and sold the one I received for more than I probably would have ever gotten for the original one.

•••
Had a question maybe someone could help with....

There is a domain I'm interested in that is listed as a premium name on godaddy.
The price is higher than I'd like to spend.

Is it possible to make a lower offer on these premium listings?
Maybe be a long shot...but try to contact owner and offer to "lease" the name for a set number of years (say 5..ib this case each year would be 1/5 of total cost)...owner keep registration but redirects.to where ever..after 5 years domain transferred to you..kinda of like "rent to own"..

Of course, I am assuming you plan on developing.

•••
is there anyway I could offer a few domains I own as a trade for their one domain?

I am in the middle for launching a website called dotex.ca which is basically a dot exchange for .ca's

So.... Buy, Sell and trade

I will be encouraging people to offer domains for trade.

I think it's a great idea, one person lists 10 domains, another lists ten and you see if you can swap a couple out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back