Dynadot

discuss Offer from ceo

Catch.Club Catch.Club

take 3k on it?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • take 3k

  • ask 5k

  • ask over 5k

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

alcy

Top Member
Impact
35,036
so i got today offer on timetraveler,io direct from CEO of a software company
..3k first offer... I countered around 20k... then he said he can have timetravel,io at 5k bin..which is true..its a dan lander bin... how would u guys handle such negotiating given it's a ceo and the other 5k name... do u believe if someone can buy timetravel at 5k but makes 3k offer on timetraveler then in your view which of the 2 is their preferred name?? any comments? ty
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

lovely4ever

Top Member
Impact
2,171
Offer it for $5000 and notify him that this offer is valid for 48 hours only action to be taken .

.
 
0
•••

VadimK

Top Member
Impact
3,608
I like TimeTraveller better. I think the buyer likes it better too. I would push it to $5000-7000 range, the 10000 as absolute top (and if you are lucky). More than this is too much, imo. It's io two-worder (although the name is good, no doubts).
 
Last edited:
2
•••
I wouldn't sell it for less than $20k. A software company is the prime market for the domain. One employee's salary for a software company is likely going to be $150k or more EVERY YEAR. How much do you think they would spend for their company name or flagship brand name?

If they are asking about your domain, TimeTravel is not brandable for their use and not comparable. I'd expect to find a sci-fi website at that url. The only competitor is the .com version of your domain and they have little chance of purchasing it as it's hosted by MarkMonitor, which is another reason I wouldn't go under $20k. No small fish is using MarkMonitor.

Look how many related sites there are and how frequently it is used in startups. In my opinion it is way too popular to let it go for such a low amount for a company already in business.

The buyer might be heytimetraveler(dot)com. If it's a viable business, they have the money to pay. If they say they don't have the funds, offer a lease. I sold a ".com" domain last year to a software company that just did scheduling for scuba diving excursions and as a 1 man operation they pay $550 per month for the domain with a $10k sales price. On top of that, they still use their ".co" domain and the .com just defaults to an error page. So a company that small, just bought it for brand protection.

To me, the revenue possibilities in scuba diving scheduling software as opposed to the many uses of "Time Traveller", are not comparable. I wouldn't budge off $20k and tell him you offer a lease plan, but you get a bit of a discount in fees for paying upfront. So without saying it you are already telling him that the price you quoted is the discounted amount, and you are eliminating their "budget" argument by offering lease payments.

The only thing that he can fall back on is the argument that the domain is not "worth" that much. Which is when you tell him your original plans for the domain and how you wanted to ensure your competitor didn't receive the better domain because your didn't want your customers to end up on the competitors website, or just as bad, end up on a site that had nothing to do with your service, causing additional confusion to the customer.

1678178015159.png


1678178040391.png
 
Last edited:
11
•••

Revisiting

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
592
Lets hope the OP can give us an update on negotiations very soon. Love to know how this has progressed
 
1
•••

alcy

Top Member
Impact
35,036
howdy fellas...tnx for all yer views.. it is why I posted it.. we all have varying angles.... for now I emailed him to ask his best... and said 3k is too low... I'm awaiting news... if none comes I may decide to match the 5k on the other name.
 
4
•••

Revisiting

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
592
Thanks for the update. I suppose that is the easiest response to an offer, It's just that your not likely to see much of an increase. Probably $4k at the very best. (more likely 3.5k) Which kind of puts you at the end game as far as negotiations go. I think you as might as well just gone for the 5k asking response.

I'm not criticizing. as I'm guilty as hell when it comes to seeing the money on the table when it comes to accepting an offer.
 
Last edited:
4
•••
Impact
92
The purpose of the poll was to help the OP in decision making but it seems poll results will confuse them further. :D
 
0
•••

henry93

Inbox MeEstablished Member
Impact
110
I am sure the buyer can pay more than that. Especially, if he's the CEO.

It's just the beginning of the negotiation and the buyer knows it. Every buyer begins the negotiations with the lowest possible price.

If you need something, esp. for business and branding, also when it's unique and available in limited quantity. .io is a good extension for tech business.

Suppose It's a .com with the right combination. Then you can comfortably ask 5x or higher, IMO.

I am sure, we are going to hear good news soon.

You need a bit more confidence. That's it. Best Wishes!
 
Last edited:
5
•••
If you are fine with the price and want to make a sale just sell it

else
seller $20k
buyer - I have an option to buy another domain at $5k

you have two option

negotiate price in range of 5k ~ 14k or

ask buyer any better price above timetravel/io

Another option ...

Buy TimeTravel,io for $5k or less, and get back to that CEO and say thanks. 😂
 
Last edited:
5
•••

GFBK.com

Established Member
Impact
13
agreed... I like reading em too... domain sales can be like sherlock Holmes novels
You really have a good sense of humor:ROFL: But it's still the truth.
 
0
•••