alert NWX.com stolen

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
@Sedo @namesilo nwx.com listed for sale at $15,750 it's been stolen, NameSilo you are the new registrant I spoke to the owner it was stolen from his mydomain account and transferred to you, this name is stolen.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's about 125 more linked to that account; I only shared the LLL kind after verifying odd changes in ownership. They all have in common previous yahoo/AOL/Comcast etc. accounts. Others are linked to domains that dropped, and re-registered - a common domain hijacking technique.

•••
The person selling at Sedo is in Mexico. I have a bad feeling it is a certain NP member previously selling stolen names, but always claiming his innocence. Better not mention names...

•••
•••
This is not the only domain @PatyGMar has stolen and attempted to sell

I bought eca.net from she/he not knowing it was stolen as well as several other members here on NP

@Ritesh Chauhan @chetan9693 @Domains - Wanted @Dot Superstore @Hireinternet @nicedomains @rathish @Rxshow @Silentptnr @wwwweb

Hope she/he faces jail time

Thanks
I want to clarify this post with a disclaimer saying not every name she/he sold is proven to be stolen

According to @Riz M. @PatyGMar was trying to sell the name in question, nwx.com, which has been proven to be a stolen domain

eca.net is currently under GoDaddy dispute so I assume that one was stolen as well

I hope the others will speak out about their experience as well

Thanks

•••
•••
There's about 125 more linked to that account

Which account?
I got this name for sale via a so called broker for only $12k

Was it a broker, or the alleged thief?

If alleged thief, care to post the email address and/or header?

Or if the so called broker is different than the alleged thief, maybe you can tag / reach out to them for more information?
I purchased an LLL.net from this person. I did do my due diligence on the name as best I could. I required the auth code and transfer prior to paying. It went smooth.

A day later, I received a contact via whois privacy from a gentleman in North Carolina. He noticed his email stopped working. Long story short, he has owned the domain for over 20 years. His domain account was apparently hacked and both his password and secret questions were changed. He is still trying to access his domain account.

I have initiated a paypal dispute. Obviously I can't keep the mans domain. It's stolen property.

I alerted NP mgmt, and they apparently have closed the user's account.

What a shame.
Did the seller use patygmar @ gmail.com as their PayPal address?

You should probably update the trade review you left, to reflect the negative experience.
This is not the only domain @PatyGMar has stolen and attempted to sell

I bought eca.net from she/he not knowing it was stolen

Were you refunded / was the domain returned to the rightful owner?

You also might want to update the trade review you left, to reflect the negative experience.

Last edited:
•••
I just asked MyDomain.com chat support if a free push to Domain.com is possible, or if it'd require a paid transfer.

Their response:

"If you buy a domain name with MyDomain, we can move the domain name to Domain.com for free as it our sister concern company ."

not all reps are created equal. proof is in the fact that I was told exact opposite by another rep a while back when I wanted to do that.

pushes are hard even mydomain to mydomain. cause you always have to call them or chat. u cannot do it yourself. then even when u call them, there are 2 ways to do it. and one of them involves knowing the secret accnt question of new owner.

•••
@alcy Pushing domains between Domain.com, MyDomain.com, Netfirms and Dotster is possible. I've done it many times in the past. You need to have the details of both accounts and it involves a regular push as well as asking them to change the RSP (RSP stands for Registered Service Provider, if I'm not mistaken) to the new registrar.
I tried that once. NEVER AGAIN!!!

•••
I have discovered sufficient evidence to determine that @PatyGMar is @AlejandroGarcia.

Accounts are closed or restricted for failure to verify ownership of the domain name.

Hope that helps,

This was the person I suspected, but did not have proof enough to name.

•••
•••
Update
I am happy to report that Paypal has finalized my claim and I have received a full refund.

I have also reached out to the real domain owner with the good news. I look forward to returning his domain immediately.
Same for me as well

Would love to hear an update from @Ron Bearden

•••
•••
@PatyGMar you are offering this domain to everyone..
can you explain this?
are you hacker?
qauf.com also when you were trasferring me that domain also gave error of court action?
explain this else i am going to report you...
this is reason i didnt bought palz.com

•••
@Sedo @namesilo nwx.com listed for sale at $15,750 it's been stolen, NameSilo you are the new registrant I spoke to the owner it was stolen from his mydomain account and transferred to you, this name is stolen.
I got this name for sale via a so called broker for only $12k

Told him to prove you are the owner of name & I will add another $1k. Since that he is out of reach.

•••
•••
Sometimes when we see a very high value domain being sold for peanuts, we need to take that as a possible red flag and do our due diligence. Some deals may be too good to be true.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @equity78

There was a NS update between 06-12-2018 to 08-12-2018

NWX._COM.png

•••
The stolen domain I purchased was "The Endurance International Group, Inc." also.

The first, last, and only (until now) time I heard of Endurance Group was during the CQD fiasco.
because of the email security breach with [email protected] on Startlogic AND because, unbeknownst to me, startlogic, a US company who has housed my CQD.com web site files (and my other websites) since 1996 when i created CQD.com, was sold to Endurance Group International.

•••
i removed my trade reviews...
(will put -ve review once case comes to conclusion)

•••
Were you refunded / was the domain returned to the rightful owner?

You also might want to update the trade review you left, to reflect the negative experience.
I filed claim with PayPal and the name is still under GoDaddy dispute

Trade reviews wont matter as the account is banned, but updated nonetheless

Thanks

•••
afaik u cant push between mydomain dotster netfirms etc

I just asked MyDomain.com chat support if a free push to Domain.com is possible, or if it'd require a paid transfer.

Their response:

"If you buy a domain name with MyDomain, we can move the domain name to Domain.com for free as it our sister concern company ."

•••
Sounds like you had a bad rep. Ha. I think I remember pushing a domain from a domain.com affiliate to another domain.com affiliate in the past. But couldn't remember for sure. The chat with the rep confirmed it.

I wonder if this 'secret accnt question' method works with MyDomain.com to Domain.com pushes. Or if it would have required assistance from support.

But back to the topic... I'm wondering if:

The alleged thief pushed the domain to their (or somebody else's) Domain.com (or affiliate site) account prior to transferring to Namesilo.

Not sure how (if) transfer locks (from MyDomain.com to Domain.com) would effect this.

well.. if you can't rememeber if you did it for sure... and you too had a bad rep on the fone, then him saying it, doesn't really confirm anything ;) I guess the only way to confrim it would be for you to remember for sure that you did it :)

as for your question you wonder about, as I just said, pushing ALWAYS requires assistance. it doesn't matter the registrar(s)... and regardless if you have secret question or not.. this is due to the fact that the domain needs to be removed first from old owner.. before it can be added to new one. and you cannot remove domain from your account on your own. without support call/chat.

if you own domainX on mydomain.com... and try add it to another accnt on mydomain it will say the domain already exists. it will also say same if you try to add it to a doster account etc.. regardless if you have secret questions or not. its actually not relevant here. in short, it'll keep saying domain already exists in their database, until you call support to remove it. once you do that, there are like I said two ways to do it.. one is: you tell them to remove it only. and then tell new owner to ADD it through their panel. or 2nd method is with secret question, whereby after agent removes name on phone, u give new owner email+secret question/answer.. and they complete the push themselves. the new owner does nothing.

•••
@alcy Pushing domains between Domain.com, MyDomain.com, Netfirms and Dotster is possible. I've done it many times in the past. You need to have the details of both accounts and it involves a regular push as well as asking them to change the RSP (RSP stands for Registered Service Provider, if I'm not mistaken) to the new registrar. When they don't do that (or say they did but didn't because... well... often they're incompetent and have no idea what they're doing)- the domain is still technically in the first registrar even after the push is done and can't be controlled from the new registrar until the RSP is changed.

•••
I have discovered sufficient evidence to determine that @PatyGMar is @AlejandroGarcia.

Accounts are closed or restricted for failure to verify ownership of the domain name.

Hope that helps,

Weird. I have dealt with AlejandroGarcia in the past dating back several years and he has strong trade reviews. I wonder what is going on here...

Brad

•••

Since so far, at least two domains sold by this user have been reported stolen, will there be any investigatory updates into the other domains sold by this user?

Most of their old posts have been edited. But some can still be found in caches.... (dates are not 100% confirmed)

11/9 | Pited.com, Foffe.com, Yosly.com
upload_2018-12-20_22-58-23.png

11/10 | OfficeLamp.com, TorchLamps.com
upload_2018-12-20_23-3-59.png

11/10 | T-15.com, BoudoirLamps.com, BrassTubing.com, GoldCharts.com
upload_2018-12-20_23-0-47.png

11/25 | RobinNest.com +
upload_2018-12-20_22-55-51.png

12/1 | CaRestoration.com
upload_2018-12-20_22-48-43.png

12/1 | xAND.org, GotCaffeine.com, AmericanaCoffee.com, BoudoirLamps.com, BondCommodities.com, GasCommodities.com, GasolineCharts.com
upload_2018-12-20_22-45-43.png

12/6 | KXRD.com
upload_2018-12-20_22-39-7.png

12/13 | PGF.net
upload_2018-12-20_22-41-45.png

**Keeping in mind, there appear to be other domains sold; this is most likely not the full list.**

A lot of the domains I just posted [KXRD.com, GoldCharts.com, TorchLamps.com, T-15.com etc...] have a long lasting digital footprint to a Larry Austin of California using a @ sprintmail.com email address. -- Not sure if he is aware that his domain(s) may have been compromised...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back