IT.COM

advice Not sure which domain name to choose.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

plot_lib

Impact
I am currently looking to purchase a domain name for my portfolio website (used to showcase projects) and had a few questions about it. I found that my firstnamelastname.com was already taken but lastnamefirstname.com was available so I am just confused on whether I should just get that one or go for firstnamelastname.online which is also available. I am leaning more towards the lastnamefirstname.com but it's the other way around as usually most personal portfolio websites start with firstname lastname, my first and last name add up to 8 characters not sure if that helps. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Go lastnamefirstname.com

Or buy the right order if it is for sale

•••
Go lastnamefirstname.com

Or buy the right order if it is for sale
Yes I think I will just modify it to firstnamemiddleinitiallastname.com thank you for the help!

•••
firstname.cctld would be ok too

•••
•••
Pick something that's brandable.
Why use your personal name?

•••
Pick something that's brandable.
Why use your personal name?
Its just cause this is like my personal portfolio where I would showcase my web development projects and use this website to show recruiters or hiring managers my skills by adding the link to it on my resume. Almost all developers use either their firstlast or lastfirst as the domain name.

•••
I'd go with a cool brandable and stay away from christian/surname domains.

•••
If your first name+last name are taken you are already famous. Mine are not taken but i choose to go with a brandable name rather then my name.

•••
LastnameFirstname could be ok and certainly better than .online

You can also go Firstname-Lastname.com

In most European countries, Japan etc., hyphen is well accepted and widely used. Often, you can see companies/projects registering dash version while the merged version is still available.

The local cctld should be also an acceptable choice for you. In most countries, local cctld is either first or second choice for companies. So your audience (recruiters + potential clients) won't have problem remembering the name.

•••
LastnameFirstname could be ok and certainly better than .online

You can also go Firstname-Lastname.com

In most European countries, Japan etc., hyphen is well accepted and widely used. Often, you can see companies/projects registering dash version while the merged version is still available.

The local cctld should be also an acceptable choice for you. In most countries, local cctld is either first or second choice for companies. So your audience (recruiters + potential clients) won't have problem remembering the name.
Yeah, I just went with lastfirst.com as it was the only feasible one as my lastfirst isn't that long so it's kind of easier to remember and I went with .com as that's the domain everyone is familiar with.

•••
having a brand name makes more sense.

personal name domains can be utilized to showcase various other things you do apart from domains and techs. Or just forward it to your Linkedin page.

•••
Back