IT.COM

Not cool.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Was browsing Flippa last night and came across a domain I liked. Hit the BIN button and started an Escrow.com transaction.

Woke up this morning to a message from the seller:
hSOpgdZ.png

Googled his name only to find out that he’s a domainer, runs a website for domainers, has been a speaker at NamesCon, etc. Basically: should know better.

I get it. Sometimes you list a domain and forget to update its price. It’s happened to me. But that’s on the seller, not the buyer. And in these cases, I’ve always honoured the transaction without question and quietly given myself a talking-to after.

It would also be another thing if he had let the domain expire or no longer owned it — but he does.

Honest mistake or not, responses like this really paint our industry in a negative light. In this case, I hit BIN – that’s pretty cut and dry. But also, if you’re going to negotiate with someone (as a buyer or a seller), keep your word. If we want the industry to be respected in the mainstream, it’s our responsibility to make that happen.

Anyway, getting off my soapbox now. This was my reply:

Haven’t heard anything back yet but have no qualms about naming or shaming if the seller doesn’t follow through with this transaction.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
UPDATE:

I genuinely thought the seller would come through but I was wrong. I said I'd provide his name in this thread at 12 PM (PST) and here we are.

The seller who reneged on the BIN is:

Mark Kymcha of DNPric.es

Not cool, Mark Kymcha.
To be honest, the quality of his names are quite below average .....just my opinion .....crated an account in flippa only to see his names 😝

Last edited:
•••
there was no deal, you only saw and tried to buy, but didn't get it finally..
no one must sell something for less price just because he put the wrong price by mistake or forgot to update it..
you had no deal.. there is nothing to respect.. no one must lose money just because to respect some codex...
come back to the real world.

•••
there was no deal, you only saw and tried to buy, but didn't get it finally..
no one must sell something for less price just because he put the wrong price by mistake or forgot to update it..
you had no deal.. there is nothing to respect.. no one must lose money just because to respect some codex...
come back to the real world.

Posting a BIN on a venue like Flippa and then not honoring the sale is a breach of contract.

And it reflects poorly on our industry that people think that behavior is ok.

But then again, we are doing much better as a whole after the Bellone, Dicker saga days.

Let's keep raising the bar of integrity for this field.

Last edited:
•••
There is nothing to honor..
There was no deal..
He never promised you nothing

•••
He never promised you nothing

By creating the listing, the seller is making an offer to sell at that price. The offer is accepted when the buyer hits the "Buy Now" button and puts up their money. So, the seller did promise something.

•••
By creating the listing, the seller is making an offer to sell at that price. The offer is accepted when the buyer hits the "Buy Now" button and puts up their money. So, the seller did promise something.
Nobody must sell you nothing until you two have a signed agreement.
you asked, the seller told sorry it was mistake, thats all.. move on ..
you have lost nothing, you have not paid him nothing ..
If the seller's response has caused you psychological damage, it is your problem .. you have to know how to control your nerves and reactions ..
this is life..

•••
the seller told sorry it was mistake

That excuse works if it's an old listing and they don't have the domain anymore. In this case, the seller admitted he owned the domain but just didn't feel like transferring it. It wasn't a mistake.. if the person can't price domains accurately and constantly wants a takeback, then they should be banned off the site.. The buyer does lose a few things: there will probably be some money lost in some instances, some time lost, and their faith in the website where the purchase is made. Also having to tie up that money for a couple of weeks...

I can think of 2 sales that I really wish I could have sent a reply to the buyer and said "oops I priced that inaccurately, my bad..".. but the escrow providers threatened to ban me so I went thru with it.

It doesn't work when Sedo and Flippa (does this happen on DAN?) say they are neutral and can't ban people or set up a fast transfer agreement with various registrars.

They should make SEDOMLS to where it can move the domain right out of the registrar account.

•••
That excuse works if it's an old listing and they don't have the domain anymore. In this case, the seller admitted he owned the domain but just didn't feel like transferring it. It wasn't a mistake.. if the person can't price domains accurately and constantly wants a takeback, then they should be banned off the site.. The buyer does lose a few things: there will probably be some money lost in some instances, some time lost, and their faith in the website where the purchase is made. Also having to tie up that money for a couple of weeks...

I can think of 2 sales that I really wish I could have sent a reply to the buyer and said "oops I priced that inaccurately, my bad..".. but the escrow providers threatened to ban me so I went thru with it.

It doesn't work when Sedo and Flippa (does this happen on DAN?) say they are neutral and can't ban people or set up a fast transfer agreement with various registrars.

They should make SEDOMLS to where it can move the domain right out of the registrar account.
no matter what you say, everything you say is based only on your principles and points of view.
you cannot demand somebody doing something according to your principles or points of view.
the seller doesn't owe you nothing at all.
do you think he is wrong? ok, sue it ..

•••
Nobody must sell you nothing until you two have a signed agreement.
you asked, the seller told sorry it was mistake, thats all.. move on ..
you have lost nothing, you have not paid him nothing ..
If the seller's response has caused you psychological damage, it is your problem .. you have to know how to control your nerves and reactions ..
this is life..

The BIN is the signed agreement. Sellers reneging on a BIN because they left a stale price posted is a bad look for the industry and you should not be supporting it.

•••
The BIN is the signed agreement. Sellers reneging on a BIN because they left a stale price posted is a bad look for the industry and you should not be supporting it.
ok, sue him..
hire the lawyer and sue the seller...
lets see how much will cost you to understand the simple fact - no one owe you nothing until you dont have legal agreement

•••
no matter what you say, everything you say is based only on your principles and points of view.
you cannot demand somebody doing something according to your principles or points of view.
the seller doesn't owe you nothing at all.
do you think he is wrong? ok, sue it ..

Yeah man, honesty and integrity are such BS principles. /s

Thanks for the reminder to never do business with you.

•••
Yeah man, honesty and integrity are such BS principles. /s

Thanks for the reminder to never do business with you.
i dont care if you want to make business with me or not..
just remember nobody owe you nothing...
nothing.. absolutely nothing...
hire the lawyer and sue that seller.. waste your money to see you are wrong

•••

It's the principle.

Seller posts FULL PRICE at a BIN Make Offer Venue.

Didn't honor it.

ΦΦΦ

real living humans don't need lawyers
only dead corporations do ;)

Last edited:
•••

I'm not even going to touch this. Have a good one.

•••
•••
Oops, someone pointed out I spelled his last name wrong in my previous post. Corrected below.

UPDATE:

I genuinely thought the seller would come through but I was wrong. I said I'd provide his name in this thread at 12 PM (PST) and here we are.

The seller who reneged on the BIN is:

Mark Kychma of DNPric.es
Not cool, Mark Kychma.​

UPDATE 2:

Hasn't responded to the @FlippaDomains dispute yet...

Also, just want to say: If I ever reneg on a deal or don't honour my BIN feel free to make a thread and post my name on this forum. I think we should all be held accountable for our actions.

Last edited:
•••
You never talked.
You never agreed to anything.
You never paid anything.

He's accountable for forgetting to update his price, there was no deal between the two of you, you never knew each other, there was no relationship, you can't hurt his reputation among his peers.

Stop indulging in this.

•••
where did you get this?
I don't think it's that, it's not for sale on Flippa

Peek.co has it's own landing page yeah. Might be same owner is why they said that. @Sasan can verify.

•••
•••
•••
You never talked.
You never agreed to anything.
You never paid anything.

He's accountable for forgetting to update his price, there was no deal between the two of you, you never knew each other, there was no relationship, you can't hurt his reputation among his peers.

Stop indulging in this.
Buyer had agreement with seller both clicked through a page of terms an entered a contract though a marketplace. There is less of a commitment contacting seller and making agreement private than using marketplace. Should it be okay for everyone to test the waters for domains maybe see what it could sell for with bin prices and keep raising them? We all make mistakes should we own our mistakes or is everything a second chance? If a retailer puts wrong price on something they have to honor it.

Last edited:
•••
Buyer had agreement with seller both clicked through a page of terms an entered a contract though a marketplace. There is less of a commitment contacting seller and making agreement private than using marketplace. Should it be okay for everyone to test the waters for domains maybe see what it could sell for with bin prices and keep raising them? We all make mistakes should we own our mistakes or is everything a second chance? If a retailer puts wrong price on something they have to honor it.
Usually to honor the mistake claim those who get benefit from this mistake.
The seller doesnt owe you nothing.
Its not the middle age duel..
Leave the seller and move on

Last edited:
•••
Usually to honor the mistake claim those who get benefit from this mistake.
The seller doesnt owe you nothing.
Its not the middle age duel..
Leave the seller and move on
I am only an observer, Like you have an opinion.

Last edited:
•••
After going through an extensive reading of five pages, I came to conclusion that there are few people here I would never do business or associate myself with.

Thanks @Sasan for making them come out of their rat holes :)

•••
From all of the "you never signed anything" and "no one owes you anything" comments, it is clear that no one reads terms and conditions on the websites they use. (Newsflash - you are bound by the rules even if you don't read them.)

I don't have the number, but I am sure it is in the "hundreds per day" of virtual buyer and seller agreements that take place. Seller agrees to sell by posting on a platform, the buyer agrees to buy by clicking "buy" and unless someone is ethically challenged (as in this case) the deal goes through.

If you agree to sell on a platform and do not hold up your end, you are unethical - period. And the platform should remove you for being unethical, otherwise, they are making a statement that they, too, are unethical. People deserve to know about both so they can make educated decisions when buying or selling.

If you purport to be a leader in your field, you certainly should not be unethical. And most ironic, if you have spoken on "domain name valuation" at your industry's leading conference, you need to suck it up if you screw up on your own domain pricing. Heck, using it as a teaching moment, blog about it, make fun of yourself for making a rookie mistake, but don't be another black eye on your industry. And if you invite people to speak and they disgrace the industry, for all that is good, do not be foolish and invite them back.

This is not rocket science... "life is simple, people complicate it."

•••
Back