NameSilo

Not cool.

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by Sasan, Dec 4, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. LoodeX

LoodeX Established Member

I’m saying Flippa needs to run better as a business it self ...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. tldboss

tldboss Top Contributor VIP

I don't understand how Flippa or any marketplace can be blamed for a seller not completing or canceling a transaction.

Specific to this case, I think the seller is 100% to blame.

3. LoodeX

Understand with his 10 dollar fee and plus he is protected by the marketplace

4. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

But it's not just Flippa, I have bought names at Sedo and GoDaddy. Sedo was a 4L.com no doubt who the seller was and they said we can't make them sell. I said was it a bad listing? They said NO. Seller will not accept that price. I said it was their price. They said we will look into closing their account.

5. LoodeX

I know and I understand ..it’s just bad business...

6. LoodeX

Sorry @Sedo @Flippa I don’t mean to point fingers either but it’s something that can be improved to run better

7. LUP

LUP Top Contributor VIP

I just curious, who is this?

8. LoodeX

Get outta here Lup lol

9. equity78

I agree a lot of things can be improved but there is no improvement that can make a seller refusing to sell transfer their name, none. You can ban after but it still gets no transfer and successful transaction.

10. equity78

It will be disclosed if they don't make good, he is giving them a couple days to make good.

11. Pairadice

Pairadice Established Member

Somehow GD can do it with fast-transfer.. also at nameliquidate as you know you can only list there if you give the auth code... that probably wouldn't be possible for higher-value domains though. Therefore, sedo and flippa need to switch to the auth code approach or the fast-transfer approach.

12. LoodeX

As stated I’m not running the business to make your statement false

13. Sasan

Sasan @sasanaghdasi Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks, everyone. Going to give the seller until 12 PM (PST) tomorrow to make good on this transaction. I don't think this is a decision that should require a lot of thought.

If he chooses not to honour it, I'll post his name.

Also, just sent him a link to this thread, so he can see what the community has to say.

14. du6262

du6262 Established Member

I'm sorry to hear that you're in trouble

AND Thank you for your sharing, so that we can pay more attention in the future when trading

In any case ,Support your choice and speak up for you

best wishes:xf.smile:

15. domainchampion

domainchampion Upgraded Member Blue Account

Buyer needs to honor the deal. Full stop. Regardless of any reason.

I had a similar situation in Afternic, where I missed to update to $399 and instead sold at $99.

IMHO, one needs to be professional and accountable, then you will learn and be a better domainer.

16. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Ive sold a few names over the years that I have accidentally listed incorrectly. It hurts like hell but you honor the deal and sell the name. You need to remember who screwed up here, it certainly wasnt the buyer. Your reputation is everything in this business.

I am sick of seeing people do this. I have no problem with these people being named and shamed.

17. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

Give him a chance to see whether or not he decides to proceed with the sale. Things like these happen. Back in October of this year I had sale on Afternic that bad terrible BIN. I dont even know how I priced so low on there because I knew the name had many end users with deep pockets that could affors it and have it as a huge upgrade. I went ahead with the sale. Guess who bought the name? One of those companies I saw could use an upgrade and had a lot of money.

18. 1Darko

1Darko Top Contributor VIP

It's very simple - You only have one face and one reputation - don't lose it!
    Therefor never back out and always honor the deal!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  19. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

I agree with the general sentiment in the thread that your reputation is everything and the price should be honoured.

I do wonder though, at what point would you not honour the price? I mean if somehow you accidentally listed a clearly high 6 to low 7 figure name for $995 (maybe you had a few too many eggnogs and the kids were acting up and the dog was try to impregnate your leg so you hit the wrong keys) would you STILL honour the price? There has to be a limit doesn't there or should the same principle apply whatever the cost?

20. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Sure accidents can happen, but in this case it appears that it was just an old listing at the price. I think an accident is something different.

For instance you want to list a price of like 9000, and you type 9000 and the site automatically populates 90.00 or something and you don't notice.

Accidents can and do happen. I realize at some point it is simply not reasonable if there was an obvious mistake.

Brad

21. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

I want to know who it is. If we are being honest, there are many in this business with questionable ethics. Not being pessimistic. Its just a sad fact.

A domainer should always know what platforms their names are on and what prices and adjust accordingly. He was too lazy to change the price or forgot about it? People are always looking for underpriced names and the known domainer should have known better and now honor the deal.

22. FolioTeam

FolioTeam AMDB.tv VIP

This is why I routinely check my BINS at Afternic. No one is above making a mistake.

Can't also rule out a hack into my Afternic account. Don't know why they still won't provide 2FA or at least an instant notification when there's a login there

23. Kenny

Kenny Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

^^^ This ^^^

I'm hoping the seller does honor the sale.
    It would be an (another) embarrassment to the entire industry if a (another) big shooter reneges on his obligation.

Good luck.

Peace,
    Kenny

24. MapleDots

MapleDots Top Contributor VIP

I hope to see this settled privately between buyer and seller?

I am hoping the seller contacts the OP and gets this settled amicably.

Merry Christmas everyone (y)

25. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

Set the timer

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice