IT.COM

No Whois and its effects on sales

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Whois will be hidden.

I would personally prefer that half of it (address and phone) would be hidden, rest would be public.

Now we can't know who potential buyers of our domains are, and can't contact them (does it work?)
unless they have a web site with contact info; and buyers can't contact us. I would sell many domains for 100 usd even if they have potential to sell for 1k, but not at Sedo. So this is bad for selling tactical domains.

Also it would be difficult to prove ownership now in case of theft (?).
Paypal+push sales will be very difficult now.

There is no improvement in privacy. Govts and corporations know more than we know about ourselves.
Almost every site has an active script which may be doing evil things.
Even yahoo now forces us to accept new privacy rules which means less (or no) privacy.
Actually they were not respecting privacy enough, but to have a cover for what they were doing they forces us
to surrender. You are not allowed "I don't accept". You have to choose "later" at best, and even it is made problematic intentionally.

By the way Sedo is showing everyone where our bank is located. I'm strongly against it. What if my bank is in NorthKorea? Who would buy my domains although there is no risk in it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back