Dynadot

discuss No sales since July, is there a whining fairy to reach out to

NameSilo
Watch

Mark4domain

Established Member
Impact
Very frustrating to see no sales since July, is there a whining fairy to reach out to, is this a trend others are experiencing too?

Most of my portfolio is 2 word names, or brandable names under 7 characters ( listed on 3rd parties)
3rd parties = about 150 on Brandbucket, 150 on Brandpa, 50 on SquadHelp = all priced by them
Rest, mostly 2 word, landing on DAN, listed on afternic and godaddy - all priced competitively near $2900
Most domains are 2+ years. Average sale was 3 domains per month till July.
Usually i get lowball offers, but that haven't been coming in for a couple of months.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how does a buyer, find your brandable in isolation, when brandables really don't have type-in traffic?

Unless a business owner comes up with a name independently it's not a valuable domain.

Valuable brandable domains are ones that everybody in that industry would come up with if they were brainstorming.

I saw one on the drops recently, Heal To Toe. Extremely corny but many podiatrists would come up with that in their brainstorming session.

I don't think a podiatrist would pay much for a domain, so it's not valuable in itself. But you can see that a truly brandable name has to be something your buyer comes up with themselves.

•••
Unless a business owner comes up with a name independently it's not a valuable domain.

Valuable brandable domains are ones that everybody in that industry would come up with if they were brainstorming.

I saw one on the drops recently, Heal To Toe. Extremely corny but many podiatrists would come up with that in their brainstorming session.

I don't think a podiatrist would pay much for a domain, so it's not valuable in itself. But you can see that a truly brandable name has to be something your buyer comes up with themselves.

Anyone who has worked in corporate or with creative agencies, can picture a bunch of folks in a conference room with a lot of whiteboards and a "facilitator" who is trying to help the group figure out what to name their product or company. So, yes, indeed, the list of intuitive brand names for any idea is finite.

As for the random 5 letter combos, the ones that work usually mean something, so before you register your 5 letter .COM combo do a search to see if there is someone besides you that could come up with such a word for anything other than obscure Scrabble word that nobody knows.

•••
Well I started 18 months ago and over the next 6 months my portfolio was 360. After a lot of reading on namepros and also bad feedback from members, I dropped over 200 to tidy up the portfolio a bit. Mostly dot coms now. Still never had a sale, lowball offer, enquiry or get spam. It's like they are invisible grrrrr.Anyone can see my portfolio from my signature.is there anyone else who has gone 18 months without a sale, enquiry, or even lowball offer ? I can't be the only one. Or can I ?

I took a look at your portfolio. It's the names bro. Probably better off letting most drop and use the renewal money to get a handful of better quality names.

•••
I took a look at your portfolio. It's the names bro. Probably better off letting most drop and use the renewal money to get a handful of better quality names.
Hey, thanks for the feedback bro, but I won't be regging or investing in any more domains as it's to time consuming and pot luck if you get a sale or not. I'd rather spend my time on other projects to be honest. But it's been a great learning experience

•••
Thanks for sharing, everyone . Dry spell ended,just sold one on Dan. Buyer was an older offer that had been interested for a while. Bid 2k , list price is 3.4k , I countered 2.9k, seller refused. Then bid 2.5k and I accepted.

•••
Congrats!!

May I borrow the whiny fairy for a bit, to cry to?: such is the domainer's hard life:xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back