Dynadot

discuss No sales since July, is there a whining fairy to reach out to

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mark4domain

Established Member
Impact
Very frustrating to see no sales since July, is there a whining fairy to reach out to, is this a trend others are experiencing too?

Most of my portfolio is 2 word names, or brandable names under 7 characters ( listed on 3rd parties)
3rd parties = about 150 on Brandbucket, 150 on Brandpa, 50 on SquadHelp = all priced by them
Rest, mostly 2 word, landing on DAN, listed on afternic and godaddy - all priced competitively near $2900
Most domains are 2+ years. Average sale was 3 domains per month till July.
Usually i get lowball offers, but that haven't been coming in for a couple of months.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People underestimate the power of crawl, walk, run.

For calibration, Sedo has sell through rate of less than 0.1 percent per year.

When you collect even one lease payment you like have collected enough to cover the renewal fee for the next year or longer from someone who likely was not even in a position to buy.

If you compare domaining to real estate, it is like saying that no homeowner should list their property on AirBnB because they might be less likely to sell it that month. Nonsense.

With leases, it is like dating. Try before you buy.

we were interested in data, Rob

ideas we have

•••
we were interested in data, Rob

ideas we have

I have not looked at the retention statistics on leases. It is a good idea. I know our leasing activity keeps growing every month as more leases come online. Some leases do terminate and then resume.

One thing I believe matters a lot is that the tools we provide make leasing very convenient. The lessee is in full control over the use of the domain on a self-serve basis. This is actually quite unique.

Also, with Epik if they exercise the purchase option, nothing changes with their domain's functionality, e.g. registrar, DNS, forwarding, hosting, etc. That transition is seamless. This too is quite unique.

Again, I would strongly encourage folks to think of leasing as the go-to fallback plan for the scenario where a prospect cannot afford to buy. It is better than "well, how much can you afford"?

As for data, we have customers who cover all of their domain renewals fees from their large entire portfolio just from leasing. They are welcome to share their stats if they like.

•••
I have not looked at the retention statistics on leases. It is a good idea. I know our leasing activity keeps growing every month as more leases come online. Some leases do terminate and then resume.

One thing I believe matters a lot is that the tools we provide make leasing very convenient. The lessee is in full control over the use of the domain on a self-serve basis. This is actually quite unique.

Also, with Epik if they exercise the purchase option, nothing changes with their domain's functionality, e.g. registrar, DNS, forwarding, hosting, etc. That transition is seamless. This too is quite unique.

Again, I would strongly encourage folks to think of leasing as the go-to fallback plan for the scenario where a prospect cannot afford to buy. It is better than "well, how much can you afford"?

As for data, we have customers who cover all of their domain renewals fees from their large entire portfolio just from leasing. They are welcome to share their stats if they like.

thanks for the long answer
half of it sales pitch

data?
no idea

just read: "it works"

•••
@Rob Monster

We all already know that if the only way to make a deal is lease, then Epik might be the best for that.

We are not interested in data from one seller. What would be useful is to get the info for the whole Epik market, including landers.

Without it, even the strategy to offer lease when otherwise there would be no deal might be a mistake, because a) the buyer could be just negotiating and would eventually agree to pay a good price. We agree to lease, we miss it; b) there might have been another buyer. I did not agree on a lease for an xxxxx$ name and soon sold to another buyer for higher negotiated price. I would have lost it over series of smaller fees

Last edited:
•••
I have had some of my best ever months between June and now. Historically there is a slower time in the summer months especially august, but I didn't notice it this year. Sorry cant answer as to why you did not have sales

•••
Only one sale from Sep until Today

•••
I made no sales from the start of the year....and then this month i made 3 sales in a matter of one week.
Hope to keep it going.

•••
People underestimate the power of crawl, walk, run.

For calibration, Sedo has sell through rate of less than 0.1 percent per year.

When you collect even one lease payment you like have collected enough to cover the renewal fee for the next year or longer from someone who likely was not even in a position to buy.

If you compare domaining to real estate, it is like saying that no homeowner should list their property on AirBnB because they might be less likely to sell it that month. Nonsense.

With leases, it is like dating. Try before you buy.

Haven't read all these posts but when leasing at small amounts, couldn't you be killing a potential big sale from somebody else? I saw $75 a month for a name you would sell at $100k, that would be nuts.

So
$75
$75
$75
$75
then get an offer for 5 or 6 figures and can't take it because you're in the middle of some lease

If it was more a 1 year or 2 year lease divided equally for the amount you originally want, that would be more ok.

•••
Haven't read all these posts but when leasing at small amounts, couldn't you be killing a potential big sale from somebody else? I saw $75 a month for a name you would sell at $100k, that would be nuts.

So
$75
$75
$75
$75
then get an offer for 5 or 6 figures and can't take it because you're in the middle of some lease

If it was more a 1 year or 2 year lease divided equally for the amount you originally want, that would be more ok.

Keep in mind that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

If have seen 2 word domains sell on Epik that many seasoned domainers would not pick up on the drop sell for 6 figures.

Perhaps you did not consider that I was not suggesting to lease a 3 letter .COM for $75/month. :)

•••
I am domainng for 6 months & have seven small 7 domains. I refilled 116 usd in namecheap & earned 96 from marketplace. my first domain was reged in APril.

I dont think i should take a brake.

•••
I am domainng for 6 months & have seven small 7 domains. I refilled 116 usd in namecheap & earned 96 from marketplace. my first domain was reged in APril.

I dont think i should take a brake.

definetely
you are wasting a lot of money

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
canary in the coal mine? global recession looming?

•••
finally my second sale ever :

curvz.com $1835.00saleprice/$1467.00aftercommission GoDaddyAuctionsPremiumListing 7-6-2019

just read this entire thread

my idea is to own 5% of the biz

TheDomainInvestmentBank.com

more like a strategic partner assisting entrepreneurs

an idea whose time has come (just from reading this)

pay attention to that canary - it is our biggest side benefit...

•••
canary in the coal mine? global recession looming?

No, not really.

It is more like this:

- The poor are getting poorer.

- The rich are getting richer.

Win by doing this:

- Sell to rich people

- Empower poor people to sell to rich people.

And for domainers, my essential advice:

- For non-traffic domains, forget PPC parking, use secure landers.

- Focus on "Make Offer" pricing and swing for the fences.

And now you know.

•••
Win by doing this:

- Sell to rich people

- Empower poor people to sell to rich people.

And for domainers, my essential advice:

- For non-traffic domains, forget PPC parking, use secure landers.

- Focus on "Make Offer" pricing and swing for the fences.

And now you know.

Thanks @Rob Monster for this Valuable Advice

•••
what do poor people have to sell to rich people ?

oh, empower them, how, with $30.00 inventory ?

you could teach them to SELL, iff only they were

EDUCABLE

•••
what do poor people have to sell to rich people ?

oh, empower them, how, with $30.00 inventory ?

you could teach them to SELL, iff only they were

EDUCABLE

When selling to wealthy folks, you have to be patient, but they eventually come to you if you have a domain worth owning for an idea that you had before they did. That is why brandable names are so interesting.

Names based on Greek and Latin words are a good place to look. Spanish words can also be interesting.

Also, Chinese Pinyin words are a good place to look.

I am just talking non-hyphen .com here.

As for the random pronounceable .com names, they are interesting too but your hold time may be measured in years there.

For the folks who are bootstrapping with $30 inventory, I think the folks that got in on our $0.99 .CO deal have done really well.

Feel free to PM details about your portfolio and will try to advise.

•••
When selling to wealthy folks, you have to be patient, but they eventually come to you if you have a domain worth owning for an idea that you had before they did. That is why brandable names are so interesting.

Names based on Greek and Latin words are a good place to look. Spanish words can also be interesting.

Thanks You again @Rob Monster

Again new stuff atleast for me one of my other Domaining Friend too is doing good with some of the above mentioned advice of yours.

Good to hear and know :xf.smile:(y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
One of good mission : "Never stop on building trust" , change your approuch when offer domain .

•••
Learn from successfull domainers is fastest method to be able on selling domain. Learning before selling is one of the secret for closing all sale

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back