IT.COM

.tv No Rhyme or Reason for the pricing of .tv's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been searching and searching .tv domains since March 18 and the 'new' premium pricing makes no sense to me. Come on Tech.tv, Debt.tv, link.tv, shots.tv, shot.tv stars.tv are $19.99........but others that are not as good are in the $XXX to $XXXX range.

I think there is going to be another "hush hush goldrush".....I think come April 8, 2010, everything that is left will be $19.99 or what ever the std. reg fee is.....I am thinking this is one last push to get as much money as they can because people think they are getting awesome deals...which they are, but if the names don't sell by the 8th, watch out....keep checking those premiums because I bet you guys anything, they will drop....

What does everyone think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes I have the same thoughts, only until then few worthy domains will be available.

•••
I have been searching and searching .tv domains since March 18 and the 'new' premium pricing makes no sense to me. Come on Tech.tv, Debt.tv, link.tv, shots.tv, shot.tv stars.tv are $19.99........but others that are not as good are in the $XXX to $XXXX range.

I think there is going to be another "hush hush goldrush".....I think come April 8, 2010, everything that is left will be $19.99 or what ever the std. reg fee is.....I am thinking this is one last push to get as much money as they can because people think they are getting awesome deals...which they are, but if the names don't sell by the 8th, watch out....keep checking those premiums because I bet you guys anything, they will drop....

I agree 100%.
If everyone would just stop regging right now,
they would have to do something like that.

Half of the crap left is $600 or more.
Doubtful many are worthy of the prices but if people keep regging,
Ya can't really blame them. I'd do the same thing.

So, let's all stop together now, and I think they would have to reduce prices!
I really only want just one more...

•••
I think your theory makes sense.

•••
One of the key points to remember is that in domaining, there is no such thing as team spirit or if everyone does this then that will happen.

Domaining is an extremely selfish sport to be brutally honest and so it is pointless to try and get everyone to act in concert....

That is my experience of the domaining industry to date. Wish it wasn't that way but it is.

I do think however that there may well be one instance of domainers acting together for their own needs and that is the impending battle with Verisign and the small group of domainers with 10k plus - 100,000k plus renewals per year.

Only if they all act in unison, do they stand a chance of becoming a significant player when negotiating current premium renewals in light of the last week.....

•••

Insightful post ... and I think the stuFF is going to hit the fan (with regard to valuations)! :cy: :imho:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

•••
Insightful post ... and I think the stuFF is going to hit the fan (with regard to valuations)! :cy: :imho:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

April 8th will tell us a lot!

•••
•••
A good deal, I agree ... depends upon the buyer(s) IMHO. :gl:

All the best,
Jeff B-)

If they did not have any contact with endusers or did nothing to market to that group after so much time and money, then they are no different, in my opinion, than the CEOs that we bailed out giving them tens of millions of dollars in bonuses from the so-called "stimulus bill" for bankrupting their respective companies as abject failures.

In either case, their failed collective asses would be out on the streets looking for work!

•••
If they did not have any contact with endusers or did nothing to market to that group after so much time and money, then they are no different, in my opinion, than the CEOs that we bailed out giving them tens of millions of dollars in bonuses from the so-called "stimulus bill" for bankrupting their respective companies as abject failures.

In either case, their failed collective asses would be out on the streets looking for work!

^ Good analogy, assessment ... my guess is that you may see similar backlash, IMHO. :yell:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

PS. Good Luck, folks ... see you after the Sedo auction! :snaphappy:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back