advice No response from potential end user

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Appamite

Established Member
Impact
425
Hi Pros,

I own a 7 letter domain name. While I was researching potential prospects for the name, I came across an Austria company that looks like a potential suitor. I reached out to the company social media manager but didn't get a reply ( she read it ). They're the first suitor I had reached out to.

About the domain:

The domain I own is 7L.com (e.g Bxxxxxx.com) and the company main website 7L + the industry.com ( Bxxxxxx-automotive.com ) also, the company owns two other extensions of my own domain .de and .at of which one redirects to the main company website and the other is under construction.

From what I can see, there seems to be a potential market for the company outside Europe. Also, the company doesn't have consistency with their brand name. They use automotive, cars and other related words interchangeably in their marketing.


My questions:

1. Do you think I should send them another email.
2. Does it mean they don't have a use for the domain?
3. Should I just keep the domain for some time and wait till they contact me?

I look forward to learning from you all.

Thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
Social media employees are as about as uninvolved as human resources...avoid them at all costs.

You have to ask yourself who makes the executive decisions and directs the overall vision of the company?

The executive suite. Everyone else just does what they're told and tries not to overstep their decision-making authority.

Think about it...if I'm stuck in a cubicle all day, worried about deadlines and rumors of my department being outsourced overseas...do I care about some random email that would involve research and going to the boss who may shoot the idea down? Answer is probably not.

Remember...executives control vision...your domain is part of that.

Have an upright business posture...you have a name (presumably) that would solidify their online presence--which is crucial for doing business.

Some social media guy or gal is just posting click-bait drivel on Twitter and Instagram, worried about when their lunch break is so they can go pick up a pumpkin-spiced latte'. These are not business people.

If I owned a company that is serious about establishing an online presence, I WANT that .com!

Business people understand that you have to pay to do business--so don't be timid. They pay lawyers, brokers, insurance agents...stupid amounts of money. You're $2,000 or whatever is hardly going to break the bank.

The boss probably just paid that much to service his BMW at the dealer. Then he/she writes it off as a business expense.

Product. Price. Place. Promotion. You got one shot...do it right.

I thought of that too. The company registered the .de and .at of my 7L.com domain but had to get another of the 7L + hyphen + automotive.com since they could'nt acquire the dot com domain.


I appreciate your feedback. This is really valuable, I'll keep this in mind from now on.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
May be see if that company available in linkedin if so search for their employee may be ceo, marketing director or manager or business development or cto and reach them..

I found the CEO and the Managing director. But not on LinkedIn. Thanks for your input.
 
1
•••
The best thing to do is to just list the name for sale and wait. It will market itself.
Brings up Trusting the universe for me vs. fear. AND, too, I want to stay active with things like check my listings to make sure everything is correct etc etc... Thank you Dande (thank you for reminding me of dandy)
 
0
•••
Social media employees are as about as uninvolved as human resources...avoid them at all costs.

You have to ask yourself who makes the executive decisions and directs the overall vision of the company?

The executive suite. Everyone else just does what they're told and tries not to overstep their decision-making authority.

Think about it...if I'm stuck in a cubicle all day, worried about deadlines and rumors of my department being outsourced overseas...do I care about some random email that would involve research and going to the boss who may shoot the idea down? Answer is probably not.

Remember...executives control vision...your domain is part of that.

Have an upright business posture...you have a name (presumably) that would solidify their online presence--which is crucial for doing business.

Some social media guy or gal is just posting click-bait drivel on Twitter and Instagram, worried about when their lunch break is so they can go pick up a pumpkin-spiced latte'. These are not business people.

If I owned a company that is serious about establishing an online presence, I WANT that .com!

Business people understand that you have to pay to do business--so don't be timid. They pay lawyers, brokers, insurance agents...stupid amounts of money. You're $2,000 or whatever is hardly going to break the bank.

The boss probably just paid that much to service his BMW at the dealer. Then he/she writes it off as a business expense.

Product. Price. Place. Promotion. You got one shot...do it right.
Going to check out what you shared... really appreciate you said things "straight up", as you see it. Thanks.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back