IT.COM

advice No response from potential end user

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Appamite

Established Member
Impact
Hi Pros,

I own a 7 letter domain name. While I was researching potential prospects for the name, I came across an Austria company that looks like a potential suitor. I reached out to the company social media manager but didn't get a reply ( she read it ). They're the first suitor I had reached out to.

About the domain:

The domain I own is 7L.com (e.g Bxxxxxx.com) and the company main website 7L + the industry.com ( Bxxxxxx-automotive.com ) also, the company owns two other extensions of my own domain .de and .at of which one redirects to the main company website and the other is under construction.

From what I can see, there seems to be a potential market for the company outside Europe. Also, the company doesn't have consistency with their brand name. They use automotive, cars and other related words interchangeably in their marketing.

My questions:

1. Do you think I should send them another email.
2. Does it mean they don't have a use for the domain?
3. Should I just keep the domain for some time and wait till they contact me?

I look forward to learning from you all.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you checked for trademarks?

•••
Social media manager doesn’t make decisions. You should have looked for a real contact. Best now to wait awhile so as not to appear spammy. Just put the name up for sale.

•••
You need to send an email to the owner. Social media people and especially support people will just trash your email, because that's exactly what it is to them. The proper decision maker (i.e. ceo) needs to see it because he's the only one who gets to decide.

Try using hunter.io, whois or domainIQ to see if there are more emails in the website.

The way you described it, it sounds like there could be a reasonable chance that they will want the domain.

•••
3. Should I just keep the domain for some time and wait till they contact me?

yes

spammers don't have the leverage in sales, compared to those who wait to be contacted.
they also average higher returns per sale, than those who solicit

imo...

•••
Have you checked for trademarks?

Yes, I did search on USPTO. Found nothing.
I'll try to search on Austria trademark search companies to see if any.

Thanks for this.

•••
yes

spammers don't have the leverage in sales, compared to those who wait to be contacted.
they also average higher returns per sale, than those who solicit

imo...

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you. 😁

•••
You need to send an email to the owner. Social media people and especially support people will just trash your email, because that's exactly what it is to them. The proper decision maker (i.e. ceo) needs to see it because he's the only one who gets to decide.

Try using hunter.io, whois or domainIQ to see if there are more emails in the website.

The way you described it, it sounds like there could be a reasonable chance that they will want the domain.

I tried that. Hunter io showed some emails but the email of the CEO is the general business email. e.g Info@..

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep the domain.

•••
Social media manager doesn’t make decisions. You should have looked for a real contact. Best now to wait awhile so as not to appear spammy. Just put the name up for sale.

I thought so too. So I decided to list the domain for sale.

•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190711-153506.png
    Screenshot_20190711-153506.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20190711-151438.png
    Screenshot_20190711-151438.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 92
•••
•••
The best thing to do is to just list the name for sale and wait. It will market itself.

•••
The best thing to do is to just list the name for sale and wait. It will market itself.

Okay, I did that. Arms crossed 😁.

Thanks

•••
Okay, I did that. Arms crossed 😁.

Thanks
Sometimes it could be a long wait. Don't go with the hope they'll come around in the next 48hrs. It takes years most times. But in the end, the wait may worth it.

•••
Sometimes it could be a long wait. Don't go with the hope they'll come around in the next 48hrs. It takes years most times. But in the end, the wait may worth it.

Before I made the post I sent a follow up message 2 days ago. They're yet to open it.

I'll wait for sure. Learning the ropes little by little.

Thanks for your words.

•••
Social media employees are as about as uninvolved as human resources...avoid them at all costs.

You have to ask yourself who makes the executive decisions and directs the overall vision of the company?

The executive suite. Everyone else just does what they're told and tries not to overstep their decision-making authority.

Think about it...if I'm stuck in a cubicle all day, worried about deadlines and rumors of my department being outsourced overseas...do I care about some random email that would involve research and going to the boss who may shoot the idea down? Answer is probably not.

Remember...executives control vision...your domain is part of that.

Have an upright business posture...you have a name (presumably) that would solidify their online presence--which is crucial for doing business.

Some social media guy or gal is just posting click-bait drivel on Twitter and Instagram, worried about when their lunch break is so they can go pick up a pumpkin-spiced latte'. These are not business people.

If I owned a company that is serious about establishing an online presence, I WANT that .com!

Business people understand that you have to pay to do business--so don't be timid. They pay lawyers, brokers, insurance agents...stupid amounts of money. You're $2,000 or whatever is hardly going to break the bank.

The boss probably just paid that much to service his BMW at the dealer. Then he/she writes it off as a business expense.

Product. Price. Place. Promotion. You got one shot...do it right.

Last edited:
•••
Social media employees are as about as uninvolved as human resources...avoid them at all costs.

You have to ask yourself who makes the executive decisions and directs the overall vision of the company?

The executive suite. Everyone else just does what they're told and tries not to overstep their decision-making authority.

Think about it...if I'm stuck in a cubicle all day, worried about deadlines and rumors of my department being outsourced overseas...do I care about some random email that would involve research and going to the boss who may shoot the idea down? Answer is probably not.

Have an upright business posture...you have a name (presumably) that would solidify their online presence--which is crucial for doing business.

Some social media guy or gal is just posting click-bait drivel on Twitter and Instagram, worried about when their lunch break is so they can go pick up a pumpkin-spiced latte'. These are not business people.

If I owned a company that is serious about establishing an online presence, I WANT that .com!

Business people understand that you have to pay to do business--so don't be timid. They pay lawyers, brokers, insurance agents...stupid amounts of money. You're $2,000 or whatever is hardly going to break the bank.

The boss probably just paid that much to service his BMW at the dealer. Then he/she writes it off as a business expense.

Love this. Well said!

•••
Some social media guy or gal is just posting click-bait drivel on Twitter and Instagram, worried about when their lunch break is so they can go pick up a pumpkin-spiced latte'.

lol

I can envision exactly what you said :)

imo...

•••
May be see if that company available in linkedin if so search for their employee may be ceo, marketing director or manager or business development or cto and reach them..

•••
•••
•••

I thought of that too. The company registered the .de and .at of my 7L.com domain but had to get another of the 7L + hyphen + automotive.com since they could'nt acquire the dot com domain.

I appreciate your feedback. This is really valuable, I'll keep this in mind from now on.

Last edited:
•••
May be see if that company available in linkedin if so search for their employee may be ceo, marketing director or manager or business development or cto and reach them..

I found the CEO and the Managing director. But not on LinkedIn. Thanks for your input.

•••
Brings up Trusting the universe for me vs. fear. AND, too, I want to stay active with things like check my listings to make sure everything is correct etc etc... Thank you Dande (thank you for reminding me of dandy)

•••

Going to check out what you shared... really appreciate you said things "straight up", as you see it. Thanks.

•••
Back