NameSilo

Nice DNJournal Article on Domains In China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
DNJournal.com said:
Do you sometimes have the feeling that you arrived “just a couple years late” on the Domain Trading scene? Nostalgic for the days when great domains were available for the taking by anyone with sufficient foresight and the chutzpah to ignore the naysayers? If you miss the adrenaline rush of a highly speculative investment—and the promise of astronomical returns that goes along with it—maybe you’re better off straying from the tried and true “.com + traffic = $$$” formula.

Instead, consider China: at approximately 1.29 billion people China is the world’s most populous nation, yet Internet penetration and ecommerce are still in the developmental growth stages. Major corporations in industries ranging from computers to automobiles are placing big bets on China’s future potential. So, how do things look from the domain perspective?

In this article, Tim Schumacher, CEO of Sedo.com, who recently returned from an extensive tour of China, Matthew Bentley, Sedo’s Director of International Operations and Hong Fang, responsible for the Chinese market at Sedo, provide you with an in-depth look into the Chinese Domain Name market

See full Story : http://dnjournal.com/columns/china.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It should be pointed out, this article is 3 years old.

Still a good read though, like everything else posted at DNJ. :)

Did you intend to post this in the main Domain Discussion area instead of the IDN section?

•••
I may repost it in the Main Domain Discussion Area , But i think it is a great read for people intrested in IDN's as well ,

Some Updates I have Seen on IDNF

Quote said:
According to statistics released by the China Internet Network Information Center, China, with nearly 80 million Internet users

Current Chinese internet users: more than 112 M.

Quote said:
Currently, experts estimate that less than 800.000 generic (.com/.net) plus a few hundred thousand .cn domain names have been registered by Chinese people.

Dotcom and Dotnet registration is over 1M now.
Dot CN registration is over 1M now.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back