Domain Empire

Newbie Whypark questions, AdSense , Yahoo adverts etc.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Newbie Whypark questions, adsense , yahoo adverts etc.

I’m going to set up a WhyPark.com account, but I’ve not yet got my adsense account , but i'm eager to make a start , fed up of those cash-less parked domains.

I’ve got some questions I hope can be cleared up that leaving me feeling a bit confused.

Is it works setting up my domain names through whypark.com, before I have my adsense account set up, or is it extremely easy to add the adsense later?

Should I also be setting up PPC with yahoo’s style of adsense?

Is it against either companies T & C’s (google & yahoo) that both can be used at the same domain? Or will whypark.com not enable this ability in any case?

Are there any other PPC style adverts worth considering ?

I was thinking about putting banner ads down the sides of my Whypark.com pages, is this possible? (clickbank etc types)With some basic work, or is that not possible?

TIA.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thank you for the links , i will take a good look through those......

But now i have a problem , i have added 4 whypark.com today so far , but two of them are not working , oddly both are gambling related sites , with a large amount of articles , i've set these to show just 15 each , can someone take a look and sugguest what the issue maybe???

www.betwedo.com
www.BIGPOKERSECRETS.COM

the first two where perfect , but these two seem to be having problems...i've changed nothing , the domain names are correct , the nameserver is pointing correctly...

I worked it out :) i was putting in keywords , this is what caused the problem.

Texas Hold 'Em Online

i changed this keyword to

Texas Hold Em Online

and its alll working fine , worth mentioning , as others may have the same issue.

•••
A few questions about WhyPark:

1. How much "work" do you do to drive traffic to your site?
2. Do you use PPC to get traffic?
3. How much revenue do you get per site?

•••
Thedpro said:
A few questions about WhyPark:

1. How much "work" do you do to drive traffic to your site?
2. Do you use PPC to get traffic?
3. How much revenue do you get per site?

1. If you are looking to optimize your site based solely on keywords to drive traffic, then there is some work involved. But, if you have a low competition niche keyword, your work is far more easier.

2.The best part of whypark is that you can run your own PPC. I know of many whypark members who run an adwords campaign to drive traffic to their sites. You can also try yahoo advertising (starting from 10 cents CPC) to get traffic to your sites. I mean, even if you have a high CPC on adsense on your site, it would be profitable to run a campaign from either Google or Yahoo. Even bidvertiser isn't bad to run a campaign.

3. One of my sites makes a decent amount a month via affiliate sales. I'm using adwords and yahoo campaigns for it. I've not run any campaigns for my other whypark domains, but will do so soon. I assume, the worst scenario would be 50 cents a day per site. However, it would be interesting to find other user's feedback.

I had a friend join whypark a few days back and he is running an adwords campaign for his site. I know for a fact that he is making around $7 a day from just one site. This is decent income and he even had a whypark referral sign up. I think by now, he must have easily made his $ 99 investment back in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
•••
What ways are you using to drive traffic to your sites without adwords or anything of the sort?

What other affiliates do you use besides adsense?

•••
Thedpro said:
What ways are you using to drive traffic to your sites without adwords or anything of the sort?

What other affiliates do you use besides adsense?

My sites feature well on various SE's for different keywords. I also have traffic coming in via backlinks. I use clickbank.

•••
How long did it take you to build your backlink traffic?

What are the best ways to do so?

•••
Building backlinks takes time... around 10-20 a month. I write articles on ezine, isnare etc and they get me some links too. I also submit to free directories.

•••
Varon said:
1. If you are looking to optimize your site based solely on keywords to drive traffic, then there is some work involved. But, if you have a low competition niche keyword, your work is far more easier.

2.The best part of whypark is that you can run your own PPC. I know of many whypark members who run an adwords campaign to drive traffic to their sites. You can also try yahoo advertising (starting from 10 cents CPC) to get traffic to your sites. I mean, even if you have a high CPC on adsense on your site, it would be profitable to run a campaign from either Google or Yahoo. Even bidvertiser isn't bad to run a campaign.

3. One of my sites makes a decent amount a month via affiliate sales. I'm using adwords and yahoo campaigns for it. I've not run any campaigns for my other whypark domains, but will do so soon. I assume, the worst scenario would be 50 cents a day per site. However, it would be interesting to find other user's feedback.

I had a friend join whypark a few days back and he is running an adwords campaign for his site. I know for a fact that he is making around $7 a day from just one site. This is decent income and he even had a whypark referral sign up. I think by now, he must have easily made his $ 99 investment back in 2 weeks.

I'm using adwords and yahoo sponsored search to drive traffic to virusinfection.info. I'm not looking to make adsense money, however it is welcome. I make most of my money on virusinfection.info via remote consulting (getting on a persons computer and fixing their virus issues for 40.00 per session).

I will tell you that my adsense clicks and referrals are giving me a pretty decent return though.

for this week:
$23.30 USD in adwords cost
$114.60 USD in adsense clicks and referral sign ups. :cy:

•••
mrizos said:
I'm using adwords and yahoo sponsored search to drive traffic to virusinfection.info. I'm not looking to make adsense money, however it is welcome. I make most of my money on virusinfection.info via remote consulting (getting on a persons computer and fixing their virus issues for 40.00 per session).

I will tell you that my adsense clicks and referrals are giving me a pretty decent return though.

for this week:
$23.30 USD in adwords cost
$114.60 USD in adsense clicks and referral sign ups. :cy:

Okay, thats the friend I was talking about with better figures now. :)

•••
Varon said:
Okay, thats the friend I was talking about with better figures now. :)

Yes, the figures are alot better now (thanks to all your advice). If I were you guys I would just look up all Varons posts and read every one of them...he's got great advice and knows how to write (a lot :tu: ).

•••
mrizos said:
If I were you guys I would just look up all Varons posts and read every one of them...he's got great advice and knows how to write (a lot :tu: ).

I second this motion!!

Cheers

•••
Hi Guys

I have been a member of WhyPark for about 6 months or so now and have about 40 sites with them. However I have got minimum traffic and not done very well in the SE's even with my very niche, low competition keywors sites (see some in my signature).

I thought I better get around to submitting my sites to Google Sitemaps. I set up a Google webmaster account and submitted the sitemaps. However they all returned the following errors:

Paths don't match
We've detected that you submitted your Sitemap using a URL path that doesn't include the www prefix (for instance, http://example.com/sitemap.xml). However, the URLs listed inside your Sitemap do use the www prefix (for instance, http://www.example.com/myfile.htm)

It would seem that the sitemaps are located at eg. http://www.degenerative-arthritis.info/google-sitemap.cfm
However when submitting the sitemap it already has http://degenerative-arthritis.info/ and you simply add the google-sitemap.cfm on the end. But it then returns problems when looking in this path.

Can anyone help me with this problem and give me any tips in general to increase the rankings/traffic of my whypark sites. Rep will be added and I will try to donate NP$ when I get them next to anyone who can help.

Best regards :)

•••
Your sitemap should be

http://www.degenerative-arthritis.info/google-sitemap.cfm

All I can think of is that you have made some changes to the original code, esp with the [[related]] placeholder which have created errors with the sitemap. I feel there is something wrong with the related placeholder.

About the traffic, I see that all your signature domains with whypark are in "tough niches" like Debt Consolidation, Home Equity, Stock Investments, etc. These are very tough areas. For such niches, it is very essential to add some unique content of your own. That is the only way, your site can rank better with the SE's. Let us take an example of an article from your Degenerative Arthritis site.

The article reads:
Who Else Wants General Information on Arthritis?

A quick search on Google shows that besides your site, this article is featured on 724 sites. Quite naturally, this is a high competition keyword and many other sites are using the same articles as those featured on your site. The search engine in this case will only bring to the first page, sites with high PR who too have this same article.

This is the main reason why it is very tough to get traffic to sites that are targeting keywords like arthritis, cancer, mesothelioma, debt, credit cards etc. The other reason being, there is a much smaller audience of people that read on these issues. They'd rather just go directly to a site that offers debt consolidation solutions or loans. Something on the lines of CareOne, Sallie Mae, etc. People are more keen to read articles on health issues, financial planning, stock investing tips, or new technology.

However, your sites feature high CPC ads and I wouldn't be averse to running an ad campaign via Google/Yahoo to get in visitors for lesser competing keywords with a lower CPC. Even ad networks like Bidvertiser offer cheap advertising options for a few cents.

One word of caution, I've noticed just too many adsense blocks on your site. The entire top fold is full of ad blocks. You may want to rather use just a top rectangular ad block and distribute the other ad blocks evenly over the entire page content. Like, some ads at the bottom or at the right. You wouldn't want to be categorized as an MFA.

I wouldn't need any NP's for this advice. I would be glad to help you with any other questions. :) You could also pm me if needed.

Last edited:
•••
Varon said:
Your sitemap should be

http://www.degenerative-arthritis.info/google-sitemap.cfm

All I can think of is that you have made some changes to the original code, esp with the [[related]] placeholder which have created errors with the sitemap. I feel there is something wrong with the related placeholder.

About the traffic, I see that all your signature domains with whypark are in "tough niches" like Debt Consolidation, Home Equity, Stock Investments, etc. These are very tough areas. For such niches, it is very essential to add some unique content of your own. That is the only way, your site can rank better with the SE's. Let us take an example of an article from your Degenerative Arthritis site.

The article reads:
Who Else Wants General Information on Arthritis?

A quick search on Google shows that besides your site, this article is featured on 724 sites. Quite naturally, this is a high competition keyword and many other sites are using the same articles as those featured on your site. The search engine in this case will only bring to the first page, sites with high PR who too have this same article.

This is the main reason why it is very tough to get traffic to sites that are targeting keywords like arthritis, cancer, mesothelioma, debt, credit cards etc. The other reason being, there is a much smaller audience of people that read on these issues. They'd rather just go directly to a site that offers debt consolidation solutions or loans. Something on the lines of CareOne, Sallie Mae, etc. People are more keen to read articles on health issues, financial planning, stock investing tips, or new technology.

However, your sites feature high CPC ads and I wouldn't be averse to running an ad campaign via Google/Yahoo to get in visitors for lesser competing keywords with a lower CPC. Even ad networks like Bidvertiser offer cheap advertising options for a few cents.

One word of caution, I've noticed just too many adsense blocks on your site. The entire top fold is full of ad blocks. You may want to rather use just a top rectangular ad block and distribute the other ad blocks evenly over the entire page content. Like, some ads at the bottom or at the right. You wouldn't want to be categorized as an MFA.

I wouldn't need any NP's for this advice. I would be glad to help you with any other questions. :) You could also pm me if needed.

Hi Varon

Thanks for the helpful info. You are correct in saying that my sitemap should be at http://www.degenerative-arthritis.info/google-sitemap.cfm

It is and if I visit that URL it shows up. However when inserting your sitemap path into the Google webmaster account it only allows you to insert http://degenerative-arthritis.info/google-sitemap.cfm

(Doesn't allow you to insert the www.) Therefore it is returning those errors. How did you go about inserting yours and not getting these errors? Or should it not make a difference whether it includes the www. or not? Because in my WhyPark account it has the path including the www. but in the Google site manager section it will not allow you to insert the www. as it already has the first part of the sitemap path and simply has http://degenerative-arthritis.info/ instead of http://www.degenerative-arthritis.info/

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Thanks for all your other hints. I realised that it would be very hard with the high demand keyword sites I have and in hindsight I probably shouldn't have pointed to my signature as this has many of them. Other sites I have that are less competitive are:

www.bread-machine-recipe.info
www.greek-island-cruise.info
www.poetrybasics.com
www.saveplants.com
www.smoothie-recipe.info
www.tilapia-recipe.info

I appreciate your recommendation regarding the adsense placement/size and will take your advice and change this as soon as I get a chance. I appreciate all your help and thankyou for your time :)

•••
You are welcome AussieDomainer. :)

If google verifies your sitemap without the www, its fine. It shouldn't be a problem. Btw, your other sites which you just mentioned have potential. :) Another quick tip. In case you have a very high competing keyword, its better to leave your meta description blank and let Google index each and every article and assign the related content as your meta description.

For example:

On my site vioxxdefense, I have not entered any meta description. What happens in this case is that Google starts indexing every article and uses the article header and a few lines from the article as your meta description. This helps a lot as your site now features, more keywords appearing on different search queries. A fixed meta description kind of restricts the scope of your keywords. :)

View :

example.jpg

As a result I now have 550 articles indexed with atleast 20 words each of meta description, resulting in 11,000 words available for search queries.

:) lol... I am myself amused at how much research I had put into whypark's functioning. These days I'm using my time to research domain names and am quite out of touch with whypark.

Last edited:
•••
•••
3-4 months ago I also had errors when submitting my sites to Google Sitemaps. If I'm not wrong I think it was Varon who sugested to delete that Domain from Google Sitemaps and redo the process again in the correct order. It worked!

Btw I have a question. When we submit our WhyPark sites to be indexed it seems that it's always to Google Sitemaps. Can we also do the same with Yahoo or others, or is it not necessary?

GIL

•••
For yahoo, all I can think of is

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

You can submit your url via their "add my site" link. Yahoo doesn't have any solid webmaster tools.

Btw, here's some interesting reading again. Google is being sued by the Australian Government for misleading content. As usual, our G will use its cash cow resources and send a high powered attorney team to win its case. This time, it should be very interesting. The Aussie Govt won't let this away without a good fight. And Google will stand by its "undisputed world class algorithms".

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/07/1...-google-for-misleading-and-deceptive-conduct/

Last edited:
•••
Varon said:
For yahoo, all I can think of is

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

You can submit your url via their "add my site" link. Yahoo doesn't have any solid webmaster tools.

Btw, here's some interesting reading again. Google is being sued by the Australian Government for misleading content. As usual, our G will use its cash cow resources and send a high powered attorney team to win its case. This time, it should be very interesting. The Aussie Govt won't let this away without a good fight. And Google will stand by its "undisputed world class algorithms".

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/07/1...-google-for-misleading-and-deceptive-conduct/

Thanks Varon, but in your opinion do you think it's worth bothering and if so can it be added after the Google code at the Google Sitemap Verification (Meta tag verification method) BOX in WhyPark. I apologize if this is a silly question.

Will read the Big G article later.

Thanks GIL

•••
Gilsan, I'm really not sure about Yahoo sitemap verifications. If you do decide to add the yahoo verification code, you can add a <br> after your stat codes and insert it there.

•••
Any sites with photos?

Varon and all,

Anyone have any sites where they have loaded in some photos (banners, anything???). Is there an ability to upload some JPEG or GIFs. Just wondering because I'd like to add some if its possible. Thats the one thing thats stopping me from signing up.

Thanks
db

•••
Varon said:
Gilsan, I'm really not sure about Yahoo sitemap verifications. If you do decide to add the yahoo verification code, you can add a <br> after your stat codes and insert it there.

Thanks GIL :)

•••
thebutler said:
Varon and all,

Anyone have any sites where they have loaded in some photos (banners, anything???). Is there an ability to upload some JPEG or GIFs. Just wondering because I'd like to add some if its possible. Thats the one thing thats stopping me from signing up.

Thanks
db

If you notice www.history.nu and www.fly2jamaica.com I have added images even to the header and elsewhere.

•••
With using your own html you can add virtually anything to a whypark site. The trick is, they have to hosted somewhere else, whypark won't hold your pictures for you. But if you have hosted sites somewhere else, or I think there are some free image hosters out there, your in business. Check out the sites in my sig for some examples.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back