Dynadot

Newbie Whypark questions, AdSense , Yahoo adverts etc.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Newbie Whypark questions, adsense , yahoo adverts etc.

I’m going to set up a WhyPark.com account, but I’ve not yet got my adsense account , but i'm eager to make a start , fed up of those cash-less parked domains.

I’ve got some questions I hope can be cleared up that leaving me feeling a bit confused.

Is it works setting up my domain names through whypark.com, before I have my adsense account set up, or is it extremely easy to add the adsense later?

Should I also be setting up PPC with yahoo’s style of adsense?

Is it against either companies T & C’s (google & yahoo) that both can be used at the same domain? Or will whypark.com not enable this ability in any case?

Are there any other PPC style adverts worth considering ?

I was thinking about putting banner ads down the sides of my Whypark.com pages, is this possible? (clickbank etc types)With some basic work, or is that not possible?

TIA.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just wondering said:
Newbie Whypark questions, adsense , yahoo adverts etc.

I’m going to set up a WhyPark.com account, but I’ve not yet got my adsense account , but i'm eager to make a start , fed up of those cash-less parked domains.

I’ve got some questions I hope can be cleared up that leaving me feeling a bit confused.

Is it works setting up my domain names through whypark.com, before I have my adsense account set up, or is it extremely easy to add the adsense later?

Should I also be setting up PPC with yahoo’s style of adsense?

Is it against either companies T & C’s (google & yahoo) that both can be used at the same domain? Or will whypark.com not enable this ability in any case?

Are there any other PPC style adverts worth considering ?

I was thinking about putting banner ads down the sides of my Whypark.com pages, is this possible? (clickbank etc types)With some basic work, or is that not possible?

TIA.

It's very simple to add adsense or any other program you want to use, either when inputting your domains, or at a later stage.

You can use a either just adsense, or yahoo ads on a web page, but not both on the same page. You can use a mixture of adsense and banner ads though.

Other PPC style ads - personally the only ones I use are adsense - just trying bidvertiser out on a couple of sites. There are others, but I can't recommend any as I haven't used them.

I am piss poor technichally, and I find it extremely easy to set up the sites - adding the advertising and banner code is just a matter of cut and paste. Likewise, it's simple to make alterations.

Overall, I'm happy with whypark - my first 100 sites are getting about 75-100 impressions a day after about 5 weeks - not a lot, but better than the 200-300 per month that they got parked, and the figure is rising nicely.

Good luck with your sites, and if you do go ahead and order, it's a nice idea to use the link from someone here so they get the affiliate payout from it. I'm not saying this for myself - I used member 'X' s link as he posted a lot of helpful info on whypark that led me to sign up - member Varon also is very helpful and free with his advice. When you get your next 100, you can be your own affiliate ;)

•••
Most parking companies will ban you for using Adsense or Yahoo ppc ads on your parked domain. Adsense is for developed web sites.

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Most parking companies will ban you for using Adsense or Yahoo ppc ads on your parked domain. Adsense is for developed web sites.

Ugh???

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Not WhyPark. They encourage it! There are examples at the first site of my signature...

•••
Whypark is not a parked page and you should have no worries about using adsense. Today thousands of whypark sites are using adsense without any problems. To apply for adsense you would need to provide your website url. For this, you can use either your whypark site or any other blog/site you currently have. Once approved, you can use your publisher code ads on any number of sites.

Just make sure that when you apply for adsense, your website should preferably not have multiple ad networks running. Its better to not have any other ads. You kinda want to make google feel good that you are planning to use only their network and not put them off.

Last edited:
•••
Put ur whypark website in ur adsense application and when u get
accepted u ll find out urself there is NO problem with WhyPark

•••
Thank you all for your feedback :)

•••
Two questions

Wondering how often the big G visits your sites? Weekly or daily since the content should be changing frequently?

Also can someone show me some examples of some slightly changed templates. Is the HTML code use to access? I want to try and add some photos to the basic layouts to try and spice up some sites. Is that possible.

Best looking site gets the referral fee on sign up.

Thanks
db

•••
Yes you can access the HTML and do whatever you would like, including photos.

Well as my design skills suck, I do not have any slick template changes. But what I have done is incorporate affiliate ads that blend in with the articles.

The first link in my sig has some additional tips when using WhyPark.

Good Luck

•••
How often does whypark update the articles on each website ? is this done daily / weekley , hourly ? etc

•••
thebutler said:
Wondering how often the big G visits your sites? Weekly or daily since the content should be changing frequently?

Also can someone show me some examples of some slightly changed templates. Is the HTML code use to access? I want to try and add some photos to the basic layouts to try and spice up some sites. Is that possible.

Best looking site gets the referral fee on sign up.

Thanks
db

Here are some examples. Using the "Original Default Layout" I changed the colour and height of the header, background colour and used sllightly bigger text to make it easier for everyone to read. Next I want to start adding pictures to get a more pleasing look.

www.flowerxport.com - www.euroresorts.info - www.travel2southafrica.net

GIL

•••
just wondering said:
How often does whypark update the articles on each website ? is this done daily / weekley , hourly ? etc

Imo, its done weekly. Btw, my domain parking site is an example of how far you can customize the layout.

•••
Varon , thanks for the reply , it looks good , can i ask though , is it possible to put banners down each side? left and right , or is this not possible?

•••
just wondering said:
Varon , thanks for the reply , it looks good , can i ask though , is it possible to put banners down each side? left and right , or is this not possible?

Depends on the template...I'm using CSS Blue..which allows you top, right and bottom. I think one of their templates also allows a left ad block. I've not tried it but the template #3 with the articles to the left should allow a left ad block if you remove the related placeholder.

Refer:

http://whypark.com/templates/

Last edited:
•••
Thank you Varon , i was thinking more along the lines of affliate type banners , not google adwords , i like the look of the style you have used for the refer site , as it leaves the left and right hand side open for say 50 x 50 banners down each side for various affliate types.

i was wondering if that was possible.?

on another note , lets say i had 15 sites , would it be wise to put links to all other sites on each of my whypark sites ? say in a links section ? would a search engine when spidering the site pick up on these and make them into back links ?

•••
Sure those banners are possible. Yes, the SE would spider your other sites and those would become backlinks.

•••
varon your fantastic , thank you , your a newbies dream , you should be made a admin imho.

•••
Varon is like our professor. Teaches us things in a very clear way that every one understands. Lets vote him for President as well. On second thoughts no because we would loose him here at NP.

GIL

•••
just wondering said:
varon your fantastic , thank you , your a newbies dream , you should be made a admin imho.

Not a problem. I'm glad to chip in with some info. :) These days other whypark members like -X-, Gilsan, Mrizos, Jasdon, onspot and so many others are leading the way. They are doing an excellent job of helping newbie whypark members.

Admin...lol... no time for that. Its great to help people. It teaches me a lot because I actually have to go out and research stuff, to give the best answer I can. Many times I also learn from my mistakes. So helping people actually helps me widen my knowledge.

butler said:

butler, Google, on an average, visits once every month. But its better to set up your google webmaster account and submit a new sitemap every week. Believe me, that will help the crawlers keep coming back every 2 weeks. :)

•••
Varon said:
butler, Google, on an average, visits once every month. But its better to set up your google webmaster account and submit a new sitemap every week. Believe me, that will help the crawlers keep coming back every 2 weeks. :)

i just set up the google verify and cut and pasted in the google code.

so do you mean remove the account and reveify it every two weeks?

Last edited:
•••
Here are a couple of mine

I have a few that I have been working on in my spare time - in my sig below.

I must say, that I would not have signed up if not for Varon. He was really helpful. I am careful not to ask him too many questions, but he really is the man! I hope you sign up with his link, because that encourages the right people to continue to help. Good luck.

•••
just wondering said:
would it be wise to put links to all other sites on each of my whypark sites ? say in a links section ? would a search engine when spidering the site pick up on these and make them into back links ?
Not a good idea, Google may consider the pages to be part of a "Link Farm", which may end up penalizing all your sites.

•••
just wondering said:
i just set up the google verify and cut and pasted in the google code.

so do you mean remove the account and reveify it every two weeks?

No... thats just the verification process which is done once. I mean your sitemap. This sitemap automatically updates each time new content is added by the whypark article feed.

sitemap.jpg

Thanks stanttheman... :) very kind of you.

•••
Okay this is great , i'm learning lots today :) okay one more thing , is there a good site for me to generate suitable keyboards for my site.

also for meta tags.....for meta tags i had considered typing into google and seeing what the top ranking sites of the same type of site as mine where using , is this a good or bad idea? i presume it means i will be directly competing with them for those meta tags and there site will be better optimized , i dont expect to land at the top , just a quick way to get the site out there in the short term???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back