IT.COM

advice Newbie here!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LittlestIndie

Established Member
Impact
Hi, total newbie here :)

Just recently learned about domaining so I decided to take action and start domaining. I registered a domain yesterday on godaddy and listed it as "make an offer" because I've read on a blog that it's a common thing to start as "make an offer" and then switch it to an auction once you get your first offer.

I would like to get advice on what's the best ways to drive traffic to my offer? I was thinking on using facebook groups related to the domain's niche to try and promote it, what do you guys think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum

•••
Hello and Welcome to namePros @LittlestIndie

Good luck with your domaining career

•••
•••
Hi and welcome! I use FB Groups and Twitter myself. Not really very effective thus far.

•••
Hello and welcome! Good luck in your domaining career!

•••
•••
•••
1. spend about 100 hours reading this forum
dont buy any more names
2. list the names you bought online create some logos for them search some comparable sales....send out emails to companies who maybe interested....list on all marketplaces godaddy, afternic, flippa....
dont buy any more names
3. read another 100 hours of forum material
4. check namebio
dont buy anymore names
5 read another 100 hours
6. buy some names

a good domain store helps...

•••
•••
Pleasure, In my experience, most of my domains were sold by end-users doing a "whois" lookup, because they want that specific domain. I have sold many domains on Flippa, some on Sedo and some on here.
ALWAYS put a reserve if you goto auction ALWAYS. Unless you want to test the waters and just get a sale under your belt. I have sold domains for $1 / $6 on Flippa when I started.

I usually just park my domains "for sale" at Sedo or Undeveloped and tried various other places like Bodis, DomainManage, Uniregistry, etc...

My advice: Just do it for the fun to start with and gain some experience. Dont chase the money, NEVER chase the money...

•••
•••
•••
Hi newbie

beware:

there are some who will try to sell you services you don't really need

but, if they can make you "think you need it", then you will probably buy it

hold your money tightly, cuz..... domainers are the new end-users.

imo....

•••
Welcome to NP.

Getting offers for freshly registered domains is quite hard nowadays.

Those days are gone back in 2005 or so.

•••
•••
Yeah I've been reading the beginner guides in this forum since yesterday and I'm now in the topic of outbound vs inbound for hand reg domains, and I think my best bet is to reach out to potential end-user buyers and just sell on the first offer, and do that again and again until I get a better feel for it and that I saved up enough to start investing on expired domains once I have more knowledge. It'll be a long journey but it looks like it'll be fun :)

Btw, I'll be asking for an appraisal, if any of you have some experience with hand reg domains, come over and let me know how little is my domain worth, thanks :)

Post your domains in the appraisal thread. Members will give you some useful insights and feedback.

•••
Hey @LittlestIndie

Welcome to NP, hope you njoy ur stay and all the best with ur domaining adventures.

•••
•••
1. Posting on every auction sites like flippa and sedo but without premium exposure it seems like it wouldn't really generate any traffic.

TRUE

2. Contacting small business owners who might be interested but considering the fact that I'm a newbie I feel like this is out of reach for now.

I hear it works for some people. I literally sent hundreds of emails for multiple different domains. I only ever had 2 responses and both did not follow through.

3. I dont understand your last point. "Posting on the Marketplace?" It is true that for Sedo etc, if you get an offer, you could post to auction. I never did this though as I am sure you would be pissed off if it happened to you.

•••
Welcome to NP.

Getting offers for freshly registered domains is quite hard nowadays.

Those days are gone back in 2005 or so.

Yeah I've been reading the beginner guides in this forum since yesterday and I'm now in the topic of outbound vs inbound for hand reg domains, and I think my best bet is to reach out to potential end-user buyers and just sell on the first offer, and do that again and again until I get a better feel for it and that I saved up enough to start investing on expired domains once I have more knowledge. It'll be a long journey but it looks like it'll be fun :)

Btw, I'll be asking for an appraisal, if any of you have some experience with hand reg domains, come over and let me know how little is my domain worth, thanks :)

•••
•••
•••
Welcome To NamePros Bro......... :xf.smile:
Happy Domaining.

•••
Welcome to NP :cat:
All you need to succeed in domaining is have fun! Learning is natural when you're having fun :xf.wink:
Good luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back