Dynadot

advice Newbie advice please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nath

Impact
So I've just hand registered a couple of domains and just wondered if what I've registered is along the right track to making potential profit. I'm not too worried about wasting money if they are rubbish, I'm not going mad or anything, but if they are pretty rubbish I'll stop and re evaluate so your advice will be much appreciated. It's all a learning experience for me.

The domains are musicexplosion dot com and musicintroduction dot com

Also I read that when hand registering you can't transfer them to anyone within 60 days unless the buyer goes through the same registrar as I went through. If this is true is it best to wait 60 days before attempting to sell them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you have any end-users in mind when registering these?

musicexplosion seems brandable but it would likely either require a lot of legwork or holding to find an en d user and musicintroduction and would make a great developed site if you have the content or the product/service to offer

You should not take the 60 day transfer hold into account when attempting to sell domains.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with TheDomainsGroup that musicexplosion sounds quite brandable. It was the name of a rock group from the 60s, but could have some potential today. The other one I don't think to much of.

Your best bet is to put up landing pages with contact forms to see if you receive any inquiries or traffic over time. That will be the best way to gauge the potential value. The 60 day transfer hold is really not a consideration. You should have a landing page asap. If you actually find a buyer within the 60 day lock period, you can just inform them they will need to have or create an account at your registrar in order to receive it. That will probably not happen though.

•••
ok thanks for your thoughts, no I didn't have a particular end user in mind and am not very musical myself, I thought that the music tuition industry is pretty large so maybe musicintroduction would be quite appealing and sellable, you have given me some good things to think about so thanks.

•••
I agree with TheDomainsGroup that musicexplosion sounds quite brandable. It was the name of a rock group from the 60s, but could have some potential today. The other one I don't think to much of.

Your best bet is to put up landing pages with contact forms to see if you receive any inquiries or traffic over time. That will be the best way to gauge the potential value. The 60 day transfer hold is really not a consideration. You should have a landing page asap. If you actually find a buyer within the 60 day lock period, you can just inform them they will need to have or create an account at your registrar in order to receive it. That will probably not happen though.

Thanks for your comments I'll do that and see what happens (if anything) :) I didn't know that was a rock group from the 60's

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back