Dynadot

discuss New ways to sell domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello guys..
Let's discuss new ways to sell domain names.

It's been quite sometime since we happened to brainstorm on this particular things.

Last I heard, someone was using Twitter ads to sell their domain names and it was working for them!

Let's discuss some more on this..
Think of the craziest ways and share it here. Who knows, something worthwhile comes up maybe!!

The idea is to think out of the box! Go crazy!
Share the best way you could think of

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Does anyone know if any registry has ever incorporated a marketplace where they (or third parties) could resell domain names in that extension. I am thinking something like an analogy to auto dealerships. You can buy new premium or standard names in the extension, but they also have a "preowned" section where names are listed both by the registry (who might have taken names back on an upgrade to a better name in the same extension) or by third party.

Clearly it would not work for most extensions, but I wonder if something like .io, .tv or .app (with well defined end users for the most part) it might be attractive.

Bob

•••
Has anyone tried selling domains with a time limited money back guarantee? I was on the Huge Domains site and notice they do that (30 day money back). I realize it would be awkward and ties the name up, but wonder if consumer trust would allow enough more sales to make it worthwhile. Anyone doing it?
Bob

•••
Anyway, one could try to...
...present it as "NOT FOR SALE" because people want what they (seemingly) can't gettt
Of course don't forget to add
your contact info hahaahaaaa
Working on something along these lines myself. Seriously! :xf.grin:

Although not above selling if the right buyer with the right offer comes along, I'm not very keen on unloading my domains just yet. Hence, I can afford to risk it, experiment along the "Not For Sale" line... :dead:

•••
Working on something along these lines myself. Seriously! :xf.grin:

Although not above selling if the right buyer with the right offer comes along, I'm not very keen on unloading my domains just yet. Hence, I can afford to risk it, experiment along the "Not For Sale" line... :dead:
🚩

It's worth a try but one can assume that most buyers will realize this cheap psycholical tactic ;)
However, this does not mean that it retains its effect on the mind and therefore it can help to achieve a higher priceee

•••
just use viral mailers, safelists, traffic exchangers
they're free, they're not spam ok it's like deal for a deal sort of a thing, you get to email them about your domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back