Dynadot

strategy Ways to sell a Brandable Domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Top 5 Ways to sell a Brandable domain

• Using Brandable Domain Marketplaces
  • Using Generic Domain Name Marketplaces
  • Custom made domain store backed up with Starup news blog
  • Custom Domain Store + Generic Domain Name Marketplace (pro way)
  • Using a Domain Broker
Let’s first look at some Advantages of Brandable Domaining

1. Cost very little to acquire
  2. Very easy to find (using right tools)
  3. Flips fairly quickly (using right strategy)
  4. Easy for newbies to Learn
  5. No entry barrier
Does anyone have any better ways to share?

More info

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flips fairly quickly (using right strategy)
Nice article but I disagree with this point. It is a lot easier to flip keywords than completely made up domain.

•••
Nice article but I disagree with this point. It is a lot easier to flip keywords than completely made up domain.

For sure keyword flips 100% way faster but I mentioned fairly quickly (using right strategy) which means not so quickly but still quick enough provided (using right strategy). Also if you have a look at BB slaes data you will some domain that sold was reg in 2015-2016.

But I still agree with you.

•••
  • Custom made domain store backed up with Starup news blog
  • Custom Domain Store + Generic Domain Name Marketplace (pro way)

Can you provide some examples of these two?

Also, what's "Starup"? (Or, did you mean "startup"?)

Cheers! :)

•••

Yea sorry it was a typo meant Startup. You mean example of sites that implment this strategy or example of how to implment?

•••
Yea sorry it was a typo meant Startup. You mean example of sites that implment this strategy or example of how to implment?

I meant examples of sites that implement the strategy, but both would be helpful. :roll:

•••
I meant examples of sites that implement the strategy, but both would be helpful. :roll:

Currently there are little or no sites that implment this strategy but my team have seen a huge result when testing this approach but still working on it so don't have any link to share just yet but what I can do at my spare time is to create a word docs that explains the pro system in a deeper depth.

•••
Currently there are little or no sites that implment this strategy but my team have seen a huge result when testing this approach but still working on it so don't have any link to share just yet but what I can do at my spare time is to create a word docs that explains the pro system in a deeper depth.

Awesome. I'll look forward to it.

I just started a site for my names, nothing fancy, just a list of the names with a contact link. It would be good to see/learn how I can build on that.

Cheers!

•••
Awesome. I'll look forward to it.

I just started a site for my names, nothing fancy, just a list of the names with a contact link. It would be good to see/learn how I can build on that.

Cheers!

For the time being you could spend a little time to learn about content marketing.

•••
Domains recently sold on BB will upadte to my list :D

triovo.com
redtorch.com
successfuldelivery.com
introcloud.com
commerce.ly

•••
best way to sell a brandable, is to get one that somebody else likes

you can utilize any or all of mentioned methods or platforms, but none can guarantee a sale

and sure, it's easy to find and put together random letters and throw in a vowel in the mix, but does that make it brandable or pronounceable or marketable or will it even make sense to the eyes that happen to see it?

take a gander at all of the "unsold" labeled as brandable, count them up now and tally how many get sold at years end > that will tell how easy they are to resell.

easy for newbie to learn.
how easy is it, when "what is brandable" is about as clear as "what is premium"?

think it's easy, take a gander at all the sales threads with "premium" in the title.

yeah, there's no entry barrier, but there should be...

should be a big ass "warning" sign, that says "enter at your own risk"

:)

imo....

•••
best way to sell a brandable, is to get one that somebody else likes

you can utilize any or all of mentioned methods or platforms, but none can guarantee a sale

and sure, it's easy to find and put together random letters and throw in a vowel in the mix, but does that make it brandable or pronounceable or marketable or will it even make sense to the eyes that happen to see it?
imo....
You missing the point, that's clearly NOT the way to do it.

If it's not for you then it's not for you stick with what works for you.

•••
@Dnbolt , Great... looking forward for the more elaborate explanation..

•••
Also sell brandables to generic domain owners.

•••
•••
Could you elaborate more please?

Create dictionary word brandable and sell to original owner who owns exact dictionary word domain.

•••
Create dictionary word brandable and sell to original owner who owns exact dictionary word domain.

Is there any reason why the owner of the exact dictionary domain will buy it and what are the chances of that happening?

•••
Is there any reason why the owner of the exact dictionary domain will buy it and what are the chances of that happening?

I said that's one of the possibilities and not only possibility.

•••
Responded to subject of the thread previously, as the discussion is on number of ways to sell brandables.

•••
•••

Here's my best example:

LeanNames.com

Judge

•••
yeah, there's no entry barrier, but there should be...

should be a big ass "warning" sign, that says "enter at your own risk"

:)

imo....

True...but isn't this the story of domaining generally? the much touted "low barrier" or "no barrier" entry?

@Dnbolt's post is about brandables, but it also applies (again) domain marketing generally.

"imo" :)

•••

I "think" that's what I tried (or am trying to do) with my site. Although I've just started. I don't have a lot of what I consider brandables, except for Acceus and Livfyt which I've listed with @PlentyOfBrands. And then there's Adeyeo, which is the example I can think of that most closely approximates what I took away from my quick read of @Dnbolt 's post.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back