domain New to domain names - appparrot.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsirat

Established Member
Impact
Hi every one, I am new to selling domain names. I have a disability and thought this could be a good thing to get extra cash.

These are a few name I have do I have any decant ones. I have sumited a few to brand bucket.
fireorca.com bb
lovetudor.co.uk
sexysubscription.com
sexsubscriptions.com
Moneyhowl.com bb
Ecotwitter.com
woodlandrabbit.com BB
Angelwoodlands.com
shopgoo.com
appparrot.com

Am I on the right track, I'm hoping to get into brandables.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not asking for price just want to know if you think I'm not the right track. I am going to do more research on what are good domains.

•••
I'm going to be very honest with you. Remember: "honest to help you", not "harsh".

Am I on the right track
For a new domainer, you are most certainly on the "usual" track. That is buying low value domains that will probably never sell on any market or forum, even for $1 start auctions.
Sorry.
Most of us did it, so don't feel bad. Domaining is not easy, and if it could be picked up without much effort everyone would be doing it. It takes months->years to hone in your skills. It's not too dissimilar to stocks and shares by needing to know the market, business, commodity (domains) etc.

It'll take time to get to a good point where you're making money. There is no get rich quick in it, but if you put in the effort and reading, and be willing to learn by your mistakes and are open to advice, then it can pay off.

Ecotwitter.com Has potential copyright issues, be careful.

woodlandrabbit.com I like this one, and can see being used by ie a clothing company or other. But it'll be a tough sell IMO, as there are a lot of options. And to get a decent price, you'll have to get it visible for some years (or have a ton of luck..)

Before you buy a name, stand back and think very carefully who would use the name and for what. If your "vision" is far fetched, don't buy it (until you are experienced and have a portfolio sat around).
For example: Moneyhowl - how is this to be used? "howl" is laugh (or cry out) in my understanding, and "money" is no laughing matter to most people, so it's a bad combo imo.

You need to do some more reading and learn what word combos go together and why. Even for brandables they have to be something good, ie one of: snazzy, snappy, short, made up and pronounceable, business sounding, etc.

What is "love tudor"?
appparrot - sure it could be used by someone, but why would they when there are so many other choices out there, Brandbucket alone can take hours to trawl though the options.
It might sell, but it needs someone to like it specifically - ie it's not something like "PlumbersLondon" which many people would buy. Also, the "p"s together is a little awkward. It initially looked like "A PPParrot" to me.

You should do a lot of reading, through this appraisals section to see feedback on other names, and the auction places to see what sells and for what (bearing in mind here on NP the prices are not end user, but still gives you an idea of why people are selling them here for $15 and not getting $xxxx for them ;))

Good luck, and welcome to NP :)

•••
•••
Hi every one, I am new to selling domain names. I have a disability and thought this could be a good thing to get extra cash.

These are a few name I have do I have any decant ones. I have sumited a few to brand bucket.
fireorca.com bb
lovetudor.co.uk
sexysubscription.com
sexsubscriptions.com
Moneyhowl.com bb
Ecotwitter.com
woodlandrabbit.com BB
Angelwoodlands.com
shopgoo.com
appparrot.com

Am I on the right track, I'm hoping to get into brandables.

No doubt domaining is very much doable from home, so i think from that point of view its a positive business for you. Now you have choosen a business that fits your needs but to actually involve into the business you need lots and lots of knowledge about domaining in order to minimize your learning cost.

Honestly there are only 2 way to get in the business.

1. Take time and learn so you don't buy craps.
2. Burn your money until you get to the point when you have none left in your bank and say to your self "I should have reserached before investing"

But in general i think if you are joining domaining the best way to start is research the short domain category, specially the 4L.com non chips ( Chips Mean chinese Premium domains ). It was more secure back in 2015 when 4L minimum price was 15-20$ each now its 200$ but be sure you will be able to sell them.

If you focus on keyword domain a good way to go is use these tools to evaluate your names:

1. Google Keyword planner
2. Archive.org
3. Google Backlink checker
4. Alexa.com just to get an idea if it has traffic ( Be aware you need certain ep to understand alexa data )
5. Whois.org
6. Domain Age checker
7. Moz PA DA checker
8. Mejestic TF CF checker

There are many more tools but just research each of them on google.

To check sales data:

http://namebio.com/
http://flippa

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
No doubt domaining is very much doable from home, so i think from that point of view its a positive business for you. Now you have choosen a business that fits your needs but to actually involve into the business you need lots and lots of knowledge about domaining in order to minimize your learning cost.

Honestly there are only 2 way to get in the business.

1. Take time and learn so you don't buy craps.
2. Burn your money until you get to the point when you have none left in your bank and say to your self "I should have reserached before investing"

But in general i think if you are joining domaining the best way to start is research the short domain category, specially the 4L.com non chips ( Chips Mean chinese Premium domains ). It was more secure back in 2015 when 4L minimum price was 15-20$ each now its 200$ but be sure you will be able to sell them.

If you focus on keyword domain a good way to go is use these tools to evaluate your names:

1. Google Keyword planner
2. Archive.org
3. Google Backlink checker
4. Alexa.com just to get an idea if it has traffic ( Be aware you need certain ep to understand alexa data )
5. Whois.org
6. Domain Age checker
7. Moz PA DA checker
8. Mejestic TF CF checker

There are many more tools but just research each of them on google.

To check sales data:

http://price.es/
http://namebio.com/
http://flippa

Thanks.
Did not wanted to promote but anyway Good Luck.

•••
Hi, thank you so much for your replying. There is a lot of things to think about I'm glad I found this forum before I put real money into it. I will do more research I might make one or two websites for my domains.

I will try to focus on key name. I'm sure I will get there in the end and if not at least I tried.

Many thanks

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back