Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gorilla_bob

VIP Member
FreshDrop Staff
Pheenix.com
Impact
Hello,

I am thinking about building a new registrar and wanted some input from everyone on what are the best features that would make you switch to my registrar.

Do you have any pet peeves on your current registrar that you would like to see be done differently?

Any recommendations on what your most favorite qualities are in the registrar that you like the most?

Any advice that you can give would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here are my suggestions:

-Domainer friendly. Bulk pricing.
-Don't be the spam police, don't suspend domains for 1 spam complaint. That's the ISP's job.
-skip the 400 upsells like Godaddy tries to do.
-KISS. Keep the interface clean, simple, and easy to use.
-coupons are nice.

•••
Thanks Lothos,

Those are very good suggestions. Would love to hear more from any other users.

Bob

•••
few more suggestions:

Good bulk controls in the control panel. Let people update the nameserver or whois for 50 domains at once.

security! Either a free key fob like name.com or paypal uses, or an android app to generate the unique key. Also, extra domain locks. Fabulous and I think Moniker let you set an extra registry lock on your domain.

•••
What Lothos said!

I actually don't like having to hunt for coupons and would rather have straightforward pricing. Some people love coupon hunting though.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back