IT.COM

New registrar had enough of Netsol

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello every one, I am looking for a new registrar to transfer my domains to. I am not worried about the price but more the customer service. I currently use networksolutions and have had quite a few problems with them. When ever I put in a service request to get some thing fixed they either reply asking really stupid questions even though I had already provide that info in my first contact with them, treating me like a complete amateur, or they email me saying they can’t deal with the request by email so I must phone them.

I live in the UK which means an international phone call to them, and their customer support are very slow at dealing with problems, I’ve probably been on the phone with them for about 2 hours in the last 30 days. What a waste of time!!! Oh yea and money! They can clearly see there is a problem why can’t they just fix it!!! Most incompetent company ever.

I don’t own a high volume of domains and I’m not really into selling domains, most of these domains host websites for my clients so it must be a very reliable registrar as any downtime would mean losses in profit.

So money no object what’s the best customer service orientated and reliable registrar that won’t treat you like an amateur? I see from other post’s you all seem to like enom and godaddy a lot, and a bonus is their cheap.

Thanks for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If customer support and security of your domains are your top priority, and don't mind a slightly higher price (although still much less than netsol), then go for moniker.com.

•••
For Customer Service, Interface and Quality

I recommend you at least take a look at RegisterSite.com

They have a top notch interface and customer service.

~ Steve

•••
NSI has a reputation for the highest prices and worst service. If price is not a problem, choose a registrar in your own country. at least the phone calls will not be international. Also, you could look for one with live online support (chat) that would eliminate phone calls (usually) but could still give you one to one live help. Other than some policy issues and dislikes of their interfaces, I've had very good luck with Enom and Dotster, and the prices are very resonable. Fabulous.com is good, but they only support com/net/org/info domains. I've had good service from Registerfly.com, but there are lots of others who have not (they do have live support). Godaddy has good phone support, but I'm not sure of international calls and I don't like some of their policies, interface, or the "in-your-face" add-on ads on their site. I would stay away from register.com since they are very much like NSI. I would definitely pick one that is at least located in Western Europe, the US, Canada, or Australia since lanquage barriers can be an issue with support.

As far as reliability, you can also use a third party DNS provider instead of the registrar's DNS servers. Some of them are better at name registration than they are at supporting DNS and tend to overload them with many thousands of parked domains.

•••
I'd recommend GoDaddy, Enom, or Namecheap for your needs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back