IT.COM

question New reg domains - should I wait 60 days before listing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boxboo

Established Member
Impact
Still very new to all of this and yet to sell a domain.

I have registered a number new domains with GoDaddy in the past few days and have them listed on the GD auction pages, I was also about to list them on Afternic. However, now I am reading a lot of conflicting stories about selling and the with the 60 day lock that comes with newly registered domains.

My questions, should I remove my domains from the GD Auctions and wait for the 60days then re-list? Or should this not be a concern and leave them up for auction and go head and list them BIN on Afternic?

I am worried I make a sale before the 60day lock is up and I have troubles transferring to the new owner. Does the fact that GoDaddy and Afternic are partners make this any easier?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should definitely list them on Afternic. You have nothing to lose. I've sold domains under 60 day lock and Afternic has solved it without me having to do anything.

•••
You should definitely list them on Afternic. You have nothing to lose. I've sold domains under 60 day lock and Afternic has solved it without me having to do anything.
Cheers - good to know! I will get them listed :)

•••
Yes, you can and should list right away. Don't waste time.

The Afternic team will tell you what to do. Most cases you hold it in your account (until 60-day expires), sometimes they ask for a push - if domain is at GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, you can and should list right away. Don't waste time.

The Afternic team will tell you what to do. Most cases you hold it in your account (until 60-day expires), sometimes they ask for a push - if domain is at GoDaddy.
Great thanks! Would I have any issues listing on Dan or Sedo also at the same time? Or just stick to Afteric for my first 60 days?

Last edited:
•••
You can list your domain at all marketplaces . No issue in it.

Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy, Dan, Epik, DaaZ .com ( only 7% fees ) are some major marketplaces.

•••
Ditto here took couple extra days to get final payout but I did a quick flip from hand reg domain and sold it in under 60 days on Afternic also

•••
Back