IT.COM

New Member from Atlantic City NJ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mJAG

Impact
Hello all. My name is Michael from Atlantic City, NJ. This site was recommended to me by an experienced domainer, as someone who is now interested in domaining myself.

I come from a computer engineering (job) and internet marketing (business) background. I have been involved with affiliate marketing and the like for over 10 years but I am finding this more difficult, stressful, losing more money than I make, and just not my cup of tea anymore. I am tired of developing websites, creating content, driving traffic, building lists, etc, etc.

The first domain I ever registered was for the 'make money online' niche. I thought it sounded good and catchy at the time, but it was actually more spammy than anything else. But at the time, I had no concept of "spam" so, of course, this failed miserably and I began to hate the domain name itself. I finally let it expire.

My most successful time period was when I was buying keyworded exact match domains, mostly .infos, and putting content or an article on them for Adsense income, when this used to work back in 2012. By 2014, I was out of business again. So I know how to buy and host domains but I never once thought about selling them.

As I have bought and registered many domains over the years, and have let all of them expire, I have finally decided to start selling them, without all of the extra stuff I was doing. I've flipped real estate successfully so why not domains? I have never sold a domain in this way before.

At first, I was going to develop aged domains with new content and flip those websites, but then someone told me how he makes full-time income from domaining and not developing any websites. This very much appeals to me so that is what Id like to do as well.

So here I am...Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Welcome @mJAG and thanks for the detailed introduction. You seem to be well positioned to move into domain investing. The standard advice to all beginners is: read, learn, and don't buy too much when you're getting started.
We're glad to have you and will look forward to hearing about your progress.

•••
Hello @mJAG .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

You background will definitely help you make the jump to domaining significantly quicker!

Do you have any domains left over? Or are you starting fresh?

Anyhow .. best of luck to you in the world of domains! :)

•••
Hello @mJAG .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

Do you have any domains left over? Or are you starting fresh?

I do not have the hundreds of domains I used to have from my adsense days but I still have a few that I use for mainly personal blogging and marketing purposes. But as far as domaining is concerned, I am starting fresh.

•••
•••
Hello!

Nice write-up and background.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
•••
Hi Michael and welcome to nps...nice intro!

•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
welcome Michael, Best of luck in your future endeavors

•••
Welcome and good luck, lots of good reading on here, though you seem to have a bit of a head start which will help you a lot!

M88

•••
•••
•••
At first, I was going to develop aged domains with new content and flip those websites, but then someone told me how he makes full-time income from domaining and not developing any websites. This very much appeals to me so that is what Id like to do as well.

So here I am...Cheers!

Hello mJAG,

Welcome to NamePros.

Would you care to share who told you about domaining?
Are they a member here? :)

Here are some links that may help you navigate the forum.

We have many resources that are designed to help you get started:

Domain Name Discussions is the most popular place in the entire industry to discuss domains with domainers and ask questions.

Additionally, the following guides will help you navigate the marketplace to sell your domains:
  • The Marketplace Guide will help you with listing your domains for sale on NamePros.
  • The Domain Name Listing Guide will help explain the different sections on NamePros for domain sales and how to use them.
  • The Auction Guide will help walk you through starting an auction on NamePros.
Last but not least, please check out our brief welcome guide that shows you all the great resources we have on NamePros:

NamePros Resources Guide

Please feel free to contact us anytime if you need anything. I'm always happy to help and answer any questions that you may have.

I look forward to seeing you around!

Peace,
Kenny

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back