IT.COM

Hey Everyone. I'm New-ish...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anchor

Established Member
Impact
Hello! This is my first post, so I will use the template :) [disclaimer: I followed the template for 1/2 a sentence, lol]

I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology but since the age of 13---I couldn't stay away from the internet. I had to figure out a way to weave it into my life. The first domain I bought was MySpaceFame.com -- then FameAnarchy.com in 2009-2010-ish. I thought I could keep the name forever when I bought it--however, that wasn't the case, lol... The domain names got snatched up. My third domain was PlanBetterAndWin.com. I bought that domain name when I entered Charlie Sheen's social media intern contest on Twitter back in 2010, lol... I was a runner up but my last task was to create a video, which I had no clue how to do at the time. I bought my first two domain names to develop websites. I have been buying domain names and developing them ever since... it's pretty addicting.

I came to NamePros like 5 years ago around 3 years after I bought my first domain. I found this forum and realized that buying domain names was a "thing." However, I really never wanted to let my domain names go although I flirted with the idea several times over the years.

So here I am, in 2018-ready to sell some domains. I have to say the process is somewhat overwhelming, but I am familiar with it. My friends and family think I'm crazy bc I have bought to many domain names over the years, develop websites and brands and jump to another project. That has been one of my major pitfalls. Developing these websites that people actually love and then leaving them for my next 'big idea.' I have jumped around in this internet world from buying domains, developing websites (using SEO and other means), creating social media followings, designing the sites to writing content, to creating YouTube videos and the list goes on. I have never settled down to actually make real money --- and if I did start making money, I'd abandon the project for one reason or another. It's been frustrating that I have not been able to give these domains the attention they deserve. I'm self-taught so this journey has been a chaotic and confusing one at best. I've learned from reading/watching various communities over the years. It was only recently that I realized that people aren't just running into communities, asking questions and leaving.

So---I decided to stop for a second, join a community and take the time to ask the right questions. I'm ready to sell my domains. I believe they're pretty good and I've already written down all the stats I need to get an appraisal or to start selling.

However, it's very nerve-wrecking as I have attachments to the domains from the work put into them. I've had people at my registrar kinda shocked when they look at my account and compliment me on the names. From all of the industries I've been in --- website development, writing articles, creating YouTube videos, design, etc.,I resonate much more with buying domains. It may sound odd, but I get a rush when I think of a great name, check the availability and register it, lol. I've literally had to shut my brain off over the years so I would not be tempted to buy any names. I have great intuition and foresight when it comes to spotting trends... as in 2009, I bought MySpaceFame and FameAnarchy---I spotted "social media influencers" before anyone at the time. I just feel like this is my thing and I need to pursue it.

So...here I am, in 2018, 8+ years later --- finally ready to do this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Welcome @anchor !! I'm new here too, but your story resonates with mine. I too have done many different things but domaining is something that has more so "stuck" :) anyways see u around! :)

•••
•••
Hello! This is my first post, so I will use the template :) [disclaimer: I followed the template for 1/2 a sentence, lol]

I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology but since the age of 13---I couldn't stay away from the internet. I had to figure out a way to weave it into my life. The first domain I bought was MySpaceFame.com -- then FameAnarchy.com in 2009-2010-ish. I thought I could keep the name forever when I bought it--however, that wasn't the case, lol... The domain names got snatched up. My third domain was PlanBetterAndWin.com. I bought that domain name when I entered Charlie Sheen's social media intern contest on Twitter back in 2010, lol... I was a runner up but my last task was to create a video, which I had no clue how to do at the time. I bought my first two domain names to develop websites. I have been buying domain names and developing them ever since... it's pretty addicting.

I came to NamePros like 5 years ago around 3 years after I bought my first domain. I found this forum and realized that buying domain names was a "thing." However, I really never wanted to let my domain names go although I flirted with the idea several times over the years.

So here I am, in 2018-ready to sell some domains. I have to say the process is somewhat overwhelming, but I am familiar with it. My friends and family think I'm crazy bc I have bought to many domain names over the years, develop websites and brands and jump to another project. That has been one of my major pitfalls. Developing these websites that people actually love and then leaving them for my next 'big idea.' I have jumped around in this internet world from buying domains, developing websites (using SEO and other means), creating social media followings, designing the sites to writing content, to creating YouTube videos and the list goes on. I have never settled down to actually make real money --- and if I did start making money, I'd abandon the project for one reason or another. It's been frustrating that I have not been able to give these domains the attention they deserve. I'm self-taught so this journey has been a chaotic and confusing one at best. I've learned from reading/watching various communities over the years. It was only recently that I realized that people aren't just running into communities, asking questions and leaving.

So---I decided to stop for a second, join a community and take the time to ask the right questions. I'm ready to sell my domains. I believe they're pretty good and I've already written down all the stats I need to get an appraisal or to start selling.

However, it's very nerve-wrecking as I have attachments to the domains from the work put into them. I've had people at my registrar kinda shocked when they look at my account and compliment me on the names. From all of the industries I've been in --- website development, writing articles, creating YouTube videos, design, etc.,I resonate much more with buying domains. It may sound odd, but I get a rush when I think of a great name, check the availability and register it, lol. I've literally had to shut my brain off over the years so I would not be tempted to buy any names. I have great intuition and foresight when it comes to spotting trends... as in 2009, I bought MySpaceFame and FameAnarchy---I spotted "social media influencers" before anyone at the time. I just feel like this is my thing and I need to pursue it.

So...here I am, in 2018, 8+ years later --- finally ready to do this.

509e5371-c4ea-4789-9257-9039ef39e847.gif

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back