Dynadot

news New inter-registrar transfer policy for domain names by ICANN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone heard much about this? Apparently we will now have to get confirmation from previous owners (or yourself) when changing names, email address, organization and the domain will be locked for 60 days. Much like godaddy does now but i am not sure how this will work with godaddy expired auctions or drop catchers. Not to mention its a huge pain in the ass for those who do a lot of purchases. Goes into effect December 1st.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Bram C. - Excellent article. It is as if they did not expect any issues to be caused by the new restrictions. : rolleyes :

The removal of privacy triggering the lock was the one area I was concerned about, wanted to transfer out of NameSilo for money savings and they have mandatory opt-out so it was a non-issue. The transfers went in to MyDomain and when I updated they sent an email, but I approved and was all set right away. Of course gets more complicated if domains are actually changing owners.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back