Dynadot

advice New gTLDs - Renew or Drop advice thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
New gTLD names - Keep or Drop advice thread (from profitability point of view)

Sometimes we are not sure whether to keep or drop some of our new gTLD names. The name can be great, but high renewal will probably not make it profitable. Or the name has low renewal but it is clearly bad, or it has too many alternatives available in new gTLD space, which makes it unprofitable as well.

Here opinion of others can help significantly.
Rules of the thread:

1. Submissions : submit max 3 new gTLD names per day in form: "DOMAIN NAME", "RENEWAL FEE IN USD"
2. Opinions of others:
- Press "Like" if you think the name should be kept/renewed (meaning: "I like it, renew it")
- Press "Thanks" if you think the name should be dropped (meaning: "Thank you, but drop it")

3. For thread to remain clean and helpful, discussion is not allowed, except 2 occasions:
a) Everyone can advise your fellow investor regarding cheaper transfer renewal for particular gTLD in question (for example: "you can move your .vip domain names to ...just for USD 5" until end of this month)
b) Everyone (except domain submitter) can write in favour of domain name you feel should not be dropped, or if you feel most of people who suggested to drop missed some point you think is important. 1 sentencer only to keep thread clean.​

Keep in mind that by pressing "Like" or "Thanks" to any submitted name you should give your best opinion, as it can help someone to make important decision. No trolls are welcomed here, all bad intentions which are not helping others will be reported.

Thank you and I wish everyone only the best investment decisions :)

PS: if you like any of names submitted in this thread, feel free to PM owner - most names submitted here will be probably for sale (although I am sure there will be exceptions), and you can get great deal, already knowing opinion of professional community of domain investors, as well as the renewal fee of the name.​

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes. It is an Irish thing. The "expat" abbreviation is more a British one and more associated with the tabloid newspapers. It is important to know your target market and your potential buyers. The .IRISH gTLD started out with great expectations of being a global TLD for the Irish diaspora but it didn't work out that way and most of its usage is in the Irish market (island of Ireland) now.

Regards...jmcc

Why are you confused about this? Your profile states that you live in Ireland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_expatriate_Irish_populations

"This definition applies to over 80 million people, considerably more than the 3 million of Irish nationality who reside in other countries."

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why are you confused about this? Your profile states that you live in Ireland.
And wouldn't you think that being in Ireland would give me some insights into the Irish market? If that's not good enough, here are the usage stats for the .IRISH gTLD from March 2019:

No website response: 22%
Active: 2.45% (95)
HTTPS redirect: 2.30% (89)
Holding: 18.89%
PPC: 23.97%
Sale: 1.26%
Unavailable: 17.50%

Many .IRISH sites also redirect to .IE websites. However, in terms of numbers, the .IRISH is quite small (4,049 domain names).

Regards...jmcc

•••
B.Company

Renewal: $9.99
Expired: 2028

b.png

•••
F.Company

f.png

•••
And wouldn't you think that being in Ireland would give me some insights into the Irish market? If that's not good enough, here are the usage stats for the .IRISH gTLD from March 2019:

No website response: 22%
Active: 2.45% (95)
HTTPS redirect: 2.30% (89)
Holding: 18.89%
PPC: 23.97%
Sale: 1.26%
Unavailable: 17.50%

Many .IRISH sites also redirect to .IE websites. However, in terms of numbers, the .IRISH is quite small (4,049 domain names).

Regards...jmcc

Well that is a proper concern. Thanks for the figures.

•••
F.Company

f.png
You really have a lot of money. Like seriously big money. Why not come let's partner and do something big, rather than all these?

•••
Coffee.Company

Coffee.png

•••
comedies / best

(renewal 80 / year, but it is announced that in summer this year it will drop to around 25 / year )

•••
Blockchain.Gripe $65
Superannuation.xyz $15/18
SecurityToken.Holdings $100
SecurityToken.Dev I think $30

No idea what to do here. I guess the question is will they sell for more than $1000 over the next 10 years

•••
•••
ear / to,
Renewal 33 USD

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
distributed / global, $57 renewal. I feel like it should make sense and sounds nice but v high renewal so not sure..

•••
•••
•••
•••
Cryptoasset.Financial $100
Superannuation.Financial $100

Keeping both for like 10 years, until both industries mature meeting that of the insurance industry. Just wanting to know thoughts.

•••
•••
silverjewellery / online
32 usd

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back