IT.COM

new gtlds New gTLD Report Shows A 30% Increase Of Domains In Alexa Top 1M

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
New gTLD Utilization Report shows both the number of .brands and generic TLDs in the Alexa Top 1M increasing by over 30% since the February report.

The report features the first implementation of a .brand within a dealer/franchise network, .Seat, and a newly released domain from .BMW which has seen some impressive results in search.

nutritionnews.abbott
American pharmaceuticals and health care products company.

play.afl
Australian Football League, AFL.

tumoto.aig
American multinational insurance corporation.

next100.bmw
German luxury vehicles, motorcycle, and engine manufacturing company.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
agree, saw one of my ngtld 'not yet active domains' in alexa rating :) doing better than old gtld with 'backlinks'

•••
I agree. It's just a matter of time. Let's see..

•••
Alexa rankings are a joke for this purposes, as they can easily be manipulated, if someone wants to.

I use Alexa only for checking domains with no agenda, basically.

All they would need get 10-50 alexa toolbar enabled browsers visit the new gtld websites daily automatically and they could get tens of thousands of them into 1M.

•••
•••
Alexa is untrustworthy for this kind of thing and the people who think it is trustworthy for this kind of thing are complete muppets.

Regards...jmcc

•••
It's very interesting news.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back