IT.COM

advice New gtld advice

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi guys, I am a newbie in new gtld's, I tried register some and I failed.

Now, I bought one for my personal e-mail address because it is my last name. By coincidence, my name is also the acronym for the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa, with it's headquarters in Sudan. The bank started in 1975.

The acronym is BADEA. I have it in .xyz

They have only the .org at the moment as far as I know. They do not own the .com
The .com as far as I know, it's also a compatriot of mine with the same last name :)

What is the best approach to sell to them ?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stay away from these new extensions, most domainers dont want them, so a legitimate company who has probably never heard of them certainly wont be buying one.

Focus on strong extensions with commercial use and a proven sales history

Good luck

•••
Thank you, I had a couple of new gtld's in the past and gave them away for free here on NP... since I did not do much with them.

This one at least, I am using it as my personal email :)

•••
Companies are most of the time interested in commercial domains that could bring them good traffic.

•••
Even if the domains are the same, only tld is different ?

•••
I think there are no hard and fast rules re whether a company is interested in an alternative extension if they already have com (most are not I suspect).

Possible reasons they might be interested:
  • They view it defensively so no one else will take it and lead to confusion. I think it is more likely though that a bank would protect TLDs like .loan or .loans or .ventures perhaps, though.
  • Like Amazon registering every extension in sight of their domain name, they plan to use it to forward (and perhaps more or defensive too).
  • Like Kohler registering design, they never plan to use it as their main site, but want to use it for a part of their operation. But I don't think xyz is likely for this.
  • They perhaps have expansion interests and see it being used for an associated, but different, line of their business.
  • They see expansion into an area where the extension is popular, like China.
Even with Alphabet using the extension (respect), quite common use, excellent lack of abuse statistics, and decent (for new extensions) use in websites, I suspect it is not likely they will have interest.

If you do approach them, make sure you have established a legitimate use for the domain first, so will not be considered bad faith. Best of luck, even though I am not too optimistic about prospects.

•••
Hi guys, I am a newbie in new gtld's, I tried register some and I failed.

Now, I bought one for my personal e-mail address because it is my last name. By coincidence, my name is also the acronym for the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa, with it's headquarters in Sudan. The bank started in 1975.

The acronym is BADEA. I have it in .xyz

They have only the .org at the moment as far as I know. They do not own the .com
The .com as far as I know, it's also a compatriot of mine with the same last name :)

What is the best approach to sell to them ?

Thank you.
There is no value proposition here for your .xyz domain so best approach is inaction.

•••
@MetBob at this time i have zoho email on it, to host my email and i will not develop it into something

If i cannot sell, at least nothing gets lost :)

Thank you very much for your input guys

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back