Domain Empire

New and Unsure!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Approached a company by the name of domainappraisal.org - are they legit? I ask the question as I received a letter today which now from reading your threads was spam - however instead of using the company they requested for the appraisal - I googled on my own to discover the above company and have paid my hard earnt money for the appraisal. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks!:|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NamePros, sorry your first post is about a scam. You might have gotten out of their scam to only have scammed yourself. I do not know anything about the company that you gave up you money too. They might be legit, but I would never pay for an appraisal for one of my names. When you buy a house who pays for the appraisal? The Buyer not the seller. Same thing for a domain name. A domain is only worth what someone is willing to pay anyway.

Hopefully you only bought the $29.99 version. The price of 4 hand regs.

Do yourself a favor and read everything you can for the next 30 to 60 days. Then read some more. I read at least an hour everyday some days more. Check out NameBee.com it lists all of the major Domain Blogs. You might not like all of them but pick your favorites. Read NamePros,some good info some bad but most is good.

Good Luck

SmokinJoe

•••
I think DomainAppraisal.Org is a legit Appraisal company, even though I've never tried them myself.

Whether anyone can factually 'appraise' a domain is subject for another thread though.

The original email asking for an appraisal was probably a scam.

•••
All sorted thanks!

Just to say thanks so much for your posting and that I managed to cancel the appraisal service with DomainAppraisalorg who kindly obliged by not putting my payment thru. I also since totally ignored the scam email:hehe: I definately will read as much as I can .... as I have got a few parked domains, which as some point will release to the big wide world.

Thanks again for your help and looking forward to remaining acquainted!!:laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back