information New Afternic & GoDaddy Commission and Pricing Structure

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nitindomains

"Veritas Liberabit Vos"Top Member
Impact
Received the following mail just minutes back:-

Hello Member,

Good news! We’ve made it easier for you to list your domain in one place and reach a broader audience of buyers to increase your sales velocity and income.

How are we making things simpler?
• Reduce time spent in pending review, domains are listed immediately after passing the required integrity checks
• Reducing commissions on higher-priced sales to increase your earnings
• Lowering minimum sales price and minimum offer amounts so you can list more domains and earn more money

We’re also taking the guesswork out of promoting your domains. Domains with fast-transfer enabled are promoted through the Afternic Premium Network automatically. Domains without fast-transfer are placed in the Afternic Standard Network.

Know that you can always list a domain without fast-transfer and then enable fast-transfer later. When you do, it jumps from the Standard Network to the Premium Network, which includes 8 of the top 10 registrars, gives you the broadest reach, and exposes your domain to over 75 million monthly search queries.

We also want our fees to be simple and straightforward, so they’re now based on your domain sale price. The three commission tiers look like this:
Sale price of domain >>> Commission fees
$0-$5,000 >>> 20% ($15 minimum)
$5,000-$25,000 >>> $1,000 +15% of amount over $5k
$25,000+ >>> $4,000 + 10% of amount over $25k

To help you list and sell more domains inventory, we lowered our minimum sales prices. The buy now minimum is only $50 (versus $250), and the minimum offer amount decreases to only $20 (from $250).

These changes take place Early April new listings. In the next [3-4] weeks, we’re converting existing listings over.

In a Separate mail notifying the change in Pricing Structure @ GD Aftermarket, the mail states the following:-

Please note we're setting a minimum of $50 for Buy-It-Now Auctions and $100 for Premium listings. We're also setting a $20 minimum listing price for 7-Day Auctions and Offer/Counter-Offer domain listings.

Along with the changes to new listings moving forward, we'll be converting existing listings over to the new system over the next 3 to 4 weeks for an early April launch.
  • If your domain is below the new minimum offer price, we'll bump the minimum offer up to $20 for 7-Day Auctions and Offer/Counter-Offer listings.
  • If you have a Buy-It-Now Auction listing priced below $50, we'll switch it to an Offer/Counter-Offer listing with a minimum price of $20.
  • If you have a domain that's listed as both a Premium Domain and a Buy-It-Now Auction, we'll consolidate it and use the higher of your two price points.
If you don't want us to change your listing prices automatically, simply update your domain pricing manually before March 31st, and it will default to the new listing rules when we roll out the new structure.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Swetha,

I can't find it showing up. Is there a url you can give me to I can have it fixed? Thank you.

•••
Joe, I just Pm'd my domains printable list. Please have a look.

Thanks

•••
•••
Thank you for sending that. I let the people in charge of that area know so they can get it fixed.

Joe, I just Pm'd my domains printable list. Please have a look.

Thanks

•••
Uniregistry is a smooth silver machine and proof that things can get done. That is why I hesitated before I started bulk transferring to Godaddy to benefit from a meagerly higher sellthrough. Now I am regretting it.

I really don’t have the words or the time to describe all the deficiencies of your ”system”.

Erase and rebuild already.

With the market share of Godaddy you have a golden opportunity to really pressure the competition. The natural way for an industry giant would be pricecuts and userfriendliness. None could compete. You could be the IKEA of domain sales. Instead you are becoming a leech on the back of small time investors, that allocate none of their money to develop a better product for them.

I’ve been hearing ”backend” development going on for a long time. I’ve seen no improvement. Shame.

•••
Treligor - Did you realize this is a 3 year old thread?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back