Dynadot

Network Solutions horrendous customer service - What do I do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KnifeCatcher

Established Member
Impact
After I list my domains on the Afternic Premium network, I do receive the confirmation email from NetworkSolutions. I approve it....nothing happens. This also happens sporadically with Sedo MLS.

Their customer support is absolutely clueless. Whether it is on the phone or online.

Have a look at the response that I have received after writing an expansive email describing the issue.

What the hell do I do? I started moving my domains out into Dynadot, but that means a 2 months waiting period before I can list them
NS Support.PNG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What the hell do I do? I started moving my domains out into Dynadot, but that means a 2 months waiting period before I can list them
Not really. 60 days transfer lock for Fast Transfer. You can still list them on Afternic for manual transfer/push.

•••
I think you can activate fast-transfer @Dynadot immediately without waiting for 60 days after transfer :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think you can activate fast-transfer @Dynadot immediately without waiting for 60 days after transfer :xf.smile:
I don't think so. I believe FT only activates after the 60 day transfer lock expiry

•••

I don't think so. I believe FT only activates after the 60 day transfer lock expiry

Yes. Just checked one recently transferred .com domain again. Transferred to Dynadot on Feb 7. It shows FT already active in Afternic as well as Dynadot dashboard. I remember I was able to activate it instantly upon transferring.

Last edited:
•••
Yes. Just checked one recently transferred .com domain again. Transferred to Dynadot on Feb 7. It shows FT already active in Afternic as well as Dynadot dashboard. I remember I was able to activate it instantly upon transferring.
Interesting. That's good to know

•••
Wherever you transfer - just check with them before.

•••

That's not true. I have already moved domains to Dynadot, and they show as inelegible in Afternic. There is a 60 day waiting period before you can list them on their premium network.

•••
Am I the only having these issues?

•••
Not all domains will be sold within 1 year. So, you will have to transfer away anyway... You do not want to pay $35 renewal (or what is it now, $17 maybe?). So, why wait. Just transfer the domain to a good registrar before listing @ Afternic.

•••
Not all domains will be sold within 1 year. So, you will have to transfer away anyway... You do not want to pay $35 renewal (or what is it now, $17 maybe?). So, why wait. Just transfer the domain to a good registrar before listing @ Afternic.

I am with you, but I don't see why I have to pay the transfer fees AND wait 2 months every damn time I order anything from them

•••
I have just called them. They asked to send proof of the confirmation emails (which is ridiculous - they should have them) AND they promised that a supervisor will call me back within 2 hours.
Let's see

Last edited:
•••
Simple.

You avoid these crooks. I know it’s hard...

let me inspire image uploaded by yelp reviewer
DB579898-BA01-458A-95C2-8E0248042742.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
I agree! I don't think any sane person would ever use them if it wasn't for Snapnames

•••
That's not true. I have already moved domains to Dynadot, and they show as inelegible in Afternic. There is a 60 day waiting period before you can list them on their premium network.

Have you tried deleting one of those listings at Afternic and relisting again? You should get the opt-in email.

•••
Have you tried deleting one of those listings at Afternic and relisting again? You should get the opt-in email.

Yeah multiple times. I do get the email from NS and I do approve it, but Sedo and Afternic dont receive my confirmation from NS.

•••
I do get the email from NS and I do approve it
I was talking about the names you transferred to Dynadot. Delete one of those listings from Afternic and relist to test if you can activate FT at Dynadot. It works for me.

•••
@Dynadot Can you please confirm if Afternic FT can be enabled after transferring a domain to you without waiting for the 60 days?

•••
@Dynadot Can you please confirm if Afternic FT can be enabled after transferring a domain to you without waiting for the 60 days?

Dude, I just want to say that you are a legend. You're right.

For some reason, I don't have to wait for 60 days once I move my domains to Dynadot. All I had to do is delete the domain from Afternic, add it again, and that's it! Sedo MLS and Afternic Premium are both activated within minutes.

It's taken me 3 weeks of back and fourth with Network Solutions and it's like talking to a brick wall. After millions of promises that it will be fixed and a supervisor will call back...no call, no reply to my ticket, issue is still not fixed.

Add to that, they are greedy enough to charge you whois protection fees and ridiculous renewals.

I would more than happily pay Dynadot small fees for peace of mind.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
•••
Sorry for the late response, it may be possible to activate SedoMLS and Afternic Fast Transfer after the transfer of a domain name, but unfortunately the 60-day transfer lock would still be in place. In the event that the domain name was sold whilst the domain was under the 60-day transfer lock, it may not be possible to transfer the domain name to the buyer's registrar, but they should still be able to receive the domain to a Dynadot account via a domain push.

•••
@Dynadot Thanks for your response. If a domain was sold while the domain was under 60-day transfer lock, is the push to another account automatic like the usual FT or MLS sale?

Last edited:
•••
Common Fast Transfer sequence (@Dynadot please correct if I am wrong):

- the domain is sold via lets say GoDaddy

- the domain is instantly moved from sellers Dynadot Account to Godaddy account _with Dynadot_

- registrar transfer happens

What, if anything, may fail in this scheme should .com/.net be <60 days old?

Also, even with fast transfer enabled, there may still be afternic or sedo sales without fast transfer. In particular, domains sold on either sedo .com or afternic .com websites are not fast transferred. In this case, the domain owner is normally supposed to unlock the domain and submit authcode to the appropriate platform. Will Dynadot deny this? If so, what for? What does Dynadot gain? Yes you have a right to deny such transfers, but no obligation to...

•••
I have just checked and the domain that I have moved from NS to Dynadot does no appear to have a lock on it. I still have 3 more in transfer (transfer takes around a week).

•••
If the domain has been transferred in the past 60 days then a transfer to another registrar may fail, we don't deny the transfer ourselves and do allow the domain to be unlocked and the authorization code accessed (in the case of a regular transfer away), but the central registry may still block the transfer to another registrar if the domain is less than 60 days old or was transferred in the past 60 days, unfortunately.

If a domain was sold through either Afternic or Sedo with Fast Transfer or SedoMLS enabled, and the transfer was to fail due to the 60-day lock, then the domain could still be moved to a Dynadot account controlled by the buyer. Usually, you would push the domain to a Dynadot account controlled by Afternic or Sedo, and they would then push the domain to a Dynadot account controlled by the buyer. The domain could then be transferred by the buyer to their preferred registrar once the 60-day lock period was over.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back