Dynadot

Network Solutions $1 .com up to 5 domains??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EGENIUS1

Established Member
Impact
Find Your Perfect Domain Name for $1.00/yr "This promotional pricing is valid for up to five (5), one-year domain name registrations. Service will automatically renew until feature is cancelled. Current renewal is $38.00/year."

Anyone have experience with Network Solutions, good or bad??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now think about this for a minute, what's going to be in it for the registrar if you all use their promotion to get these domains and then transfer them out as soon as you can to another place, I mean maybe they were expecting everyone to keep their domains there at least for like nine months so that if you sold some of them to end users and did an in-house transfer they would benefit by gaining a few regular customers that they could then sell other things to like email, hosting, or website plans in order to make up for the loss that they took on letting you all have these domains so cheap. To be honest you all have collectively ruined a good thing by engaging in some practices that anyone could see as being excessive and unfair. IMO

PS: In my opinion this promotion could have continued endlessly if you all had helped the registrar to benefit from it too.

tbh, it wasn't a promotion... LOL. it was a cheat code.

but, yes, I do believe that in some part, they knew it was happening,a nd they were expecting that it was "free" marketing to get end users to stay for $35 renewal fees.

Now, I did sail some domains and those end users will most likely stay at netsol. I'm planning on sailing more.

Other people moved their names out at day 61. I didn't yet.

•••
Now think about this for a minute, what's going to be in it for the registrar if you all use their promotion to get these domains and then transfer them out as soon as you can to another place, I mean maybe they were expecting everyone to keep their domains there at least for like nine months so that if you sold some of them to end users and did an in-house transfer they would benefit by gaining a few regular customers that they could then sell other things to like email, hosting, or website plans in order to make up for the loss that they took on letting you all have these domains so cheap. To be honest you all have collectively ruined a good thing by engaging in some practices that anyone could see as being excessive and unfair. IMO

PS: In my opinion this promotion could have continued endlessly if you all had helped the registrar to benefit from it too.

You have got to be joking right. You know their renewal is the highest in the business? Even end user would drag his name bye bye 😂

I am appreciative of the names I got but if they want people to stay perhaps oh don’t charge 4 times the going rate.

•••

Agree wholeheartedly!

Except... I haven't transferred out any domains. But after this object lesson, I'll start doing so post haste, now that NetSol has frozen my account. I may have been slow on the uptake (not transferring out, not using burner accounts), but NetSol has taken a baseball and beat any thoughts of fair play out of my head! :sneaky:

Last edited:
•••
Agree wholeheartedly!

Except... I haven't transferred out any domains. But after this object lesson, I'll start doing so post haste, now that NetSol has frozen my account. I may have been slow on the uptake (not transferring out, not using burner accounts), but NetSol has taken a baseball and beat any thoughts of fair play out of my head! :sneaky:
Can you shed some light on account frozen thing?

Did you try to get more $1 names and they froze or its something else?

As of now, I am only doing 2 names at best a day and things look okay for now.

•••
For end users who own one or two domains the renewal fees are not such a big deal that's why there are still a lot of regular customers there and if domainers were bringing them new customers perhaps they would have worked something out so they could stay with them, if not then it would have been okay to transfer out like in nine months just so that it wouldn't look like a hit and run job. IMO

Disclaimer: I am not associated with this or any other registrar. Obviously people are free to do what they think is best to protect their own interest, I am just pointing out that this could have been a win-win situation for everyone and could have gone on longer if people here were not engaging in practices that to most observers would look excessive and unfair.

•••
For end users who own one or two domains the renewal fees are not such a big deal that's why there are still a lot of regular customers there and if domainers were bringing them new customers perhaps they would have worked something out so they could stay with them, if not then it would have been okay to transfer out like in nine months just so that it wouldn't look like a hit and run job. IMO

Disclaimer: I am not associated with this or any other registrar. Obviously people are free to do what they think is best to protect their own interest, I am just pointing out that this could have been a win-win situation for everyone and could have gone on longer if people here were not engaging in practices that to most observers would look excessive and unfair.

I tbh, agree. End users have like 1 domain. They really couldn't care that much less if they get charged $35 or $9 ONCE a year. They just chalk it up to the costs of havinga website.

And the idea of "transferring" makes no sense to them. All they know is they get a bill for $35, and their business lives continue on. If someone waves a flag in their face saying they can drop that down to $9 if they ask NetSol for some kind of nuclear launch string and then sign up for some other site then transfer their domain there... then what is this about nameservers???, would they care? No.

They got their domain, it's at this place. They have their site. They don't care about anything else.

That's like if I asked you guys if you'd switch your water company to some other provider because every year they charge $30 less (because you pay $3 less per month or some shiz). but in order to do that, you have to submit a change in Nationality form and then do some weird pipe modification to fit it to the new water company.

Would you really do that lol?????????

•••
@Jv1999 , I believe you had mentioned that you were in contact with the registrar before, so maybe you can talk to them and see if they are willing to give domainers a special renewal price so that people here don't have to transfer out so quickly. Explain to them that this could be a win-win situation for everyone, I guess you could become the liaison between the registrar and domainers here and ask them to unfreeze the accounts for those who want to stay with them for at least nine months.

•••
To be honest you all have collectively ruined a good thing by engaging in some practices that anyone could see as being excessive and unfair. IMO
I'm with you. Domainers are being greedy (or stingy) at the expense of legitimate registrants who could make use of a promo.
But everybody knows NS is a not a trustworthy outfit. The only right way is out, not in.

•••
@Jv1999 , I believe you had mentioned that you were in contact with the registrar before, so maybe you can talk to them and see if they are willing to give domainers a special renewal price so that people here don't have to transfer out so quickly. Explain to them that this could be a win-win situation for everyone, I guess you could become the liaison between the registrar and domainers here and ask them to unfreeze the accounts for those who want to stay with them for at least nine months.

Lol. I talked with customer support... not the board of directors 😂

I don't think you completely grasp the breadth of the situation! There was no official unlimited discount. For me to acknowledge it would risk all of our domains. It was all some loophole.

On the other hand, they could see the light and randomly allow an unlimited $1 .com. But tbh, I'd rather ask @Rob Monster for a deal like that. Cuz Rob won't steal your domains and suspend your account. He s always legit.

Maybe rob might consider an official $1 unlimited deal, provided we don't transfer out until year 2 or something. I would jump at that promo, and certainly 10 or more would too. Then things would be exponentially easier with epik's landing BIN pages, and no more need for escrow. And omgad that would be heaven :tightlyclosedeyes:

•••
I'm with you. Domainers are being greedy (or stingy) at the expense of legitimate registrants who could make use of a promo.
There might also be some kind of fraud prevention triggers setup in the registration process that alerts NS when something "ain't right" and they see it and realize they are being abused. So many of us can do 2-4 domains a day and its cool, but some people insist on regging dozens a day and then immediatly transferring them out. Something like this might set off an alert, the NS employee see it, tells the big boss and then brings the hammer down on the current offer, locks out the biggest offenders and then the whole process starts over with the next $1 link.

Last edited:
•••
I requested auth codes and through the process they displayed a $17.99 renewal.
They would go lower if you talked nice to them.

•••
There might also be some kind of fraud prevention triggers setup in the registration process that alerts NS when something "ain't right" and they see it and realize they are being abused. So many of us can do 2-4 domains a day and its cool, but some people insist on regging dozens a day and then immediatly transferring them out. Something like this might set off an alert, the NS employee see it, tells the big boss and then brings the hammer down on the current offer, locks out the biggest offenders and then the whole process starts over with the next $1 link.

Tbh. It doesn't matter if you ppl were getting 3 a day or 60, because we all stopped being able to get any at the same time.

Subjectively, people will put morals and a sense of public policy into their rationalization for why the cheat code works for them and why it stopped working for everyone.

But objectively, we all know it was all computerized. That it was an exploit, and that overall, the netsol humans didn't really know what was happening.

Tbh, it all went downhill when they went from 5 to 2 per. It was that code change that closed some loopholes. But then, I suppose what closed everything was them just not offering any $1 domains.

•••
Tbh. It doesn't matter if you ppl were getting 3 a day or 60, because we all stopped being able to get any at the same time.
Which happens when they see abuse and shut it down. Gentle use keeps it under the surface. Using it like you are a bot and doing too many things like transfers in batches is most likely part of their watch items.

Last edited:
•••

Subjectively, people will put morals and a sense of public policy into their rationalization for why the cheat code works for them and why it stopped working for everyone.

But objectively, we all know it was all computerized. That it was an exploit, and that overall, the netsol humans didn't really know what was happening.

Tbh, it all went downhill when they went from 5 to 2 per. It was that code change that closed some loopholes. But then, I suppose what closed everything was them just not offering any $1 domains.
I can still get it and others cant so it didnt stop working for all at same time.
And to think the netsol humans had no clue if funny. People were worried they were watching this thread.
To bad people have to take something like a gift actually, 5, dollar .coms and find every way possible to abuse it. Best can hope for now is I don't get any seized. I really feel bad for those that got names repossesed

•••
Reading posts about account frozen, I am thinking about a scenario.

Let's say you bought new domain and it gets sold in 24 hours due to outbounding and now your netsol account is suspended. How will you handle this case with marketplaces such as Afternic if buyer is ready to wait for Auth Code?

•••
Reading posts about account frozen, I am thinking about a scenario.

Let's say you bought new domain and it gets sold in 24 hours due to outbounding and now your netsol account is suspended. How will you handle this case with marketplaces such as Afternic if buyer is ready to wait for Auth Code?

there is nothing to handle. they do not care about anything. and the last thing on their list of priorities is you completing a sale. especially in situation where they can verify and in their mind conclude that this is a name you shouldn't own anyway, cause it was regged by going over the listed promo reg limits of 2 or 5 per account.

netsol basically doesn't care about anything. they do not care when people's names get stolen from netsol accounts.. they do not care if they have a 1$ reg promo full of bugs running for many months ... and instead of fixing promo bugs they prefer to freeze people accounts and take back their names.

Last edited:
•••
but some people insist on regging dozens a day and then immediatly transferring them out
Sorry, i don't get it. Transfer in at any registrar costs say $7 in a good day. What's a point to reg a domain at netsol for $1 and then in 60 days to pay another $7 for the transfer? Where the whole sense of using the $1 promo is here? Isn't it better for your wallet and nerves to reg that domain straight for $7 at a sane registrar?

•••
Were registering domains that are only worth $1
Thats why we dont reg for $7
Once while someone gets lucky, or unlucky
We all new it was a gamble
Out of 71 i prob keep 25

•••
Were registering domains that are only worth $1
Thats why we dont reg for $7
Once while someone gets lucky, or unlucky
We all new it was a gamble
Out of 71 i prob keep 25
That's a really weird Haiku, man ! :ROFL:

•••
Sorry, i don't get it. Transfer in at any registrar costs say $7 in a good day. What's a point to reg a domain at netsol for $1 and then in 60 days to pay another $7 for the transfer? Where the whole sense of using the $1 promo is here? Isn't it better for your wallet and nerves to reg that domain straight for $7 at a sane registrar?

Well, I guess they want the 2 year 8 dollar deal. But I agree it's dumb if they weren't planning on not holding long term

•••
Is it possible your domains were repossessed because you were registering names in your burner accounting and pulling them straight into your MAIN account? I wonder if this could be something that triggered onslaught on your account?

I am going to register few more tonight to see how it goes (perhaps open a new account as well), the ones I registered yesterday still seem to be with me for now.

•••
Is it possible your domains were repossessed because you were registering names in your burner accounting and pulling them straight into your MAIN account? I wonder if this could be something that triggered onslaught on your account?

I am going to register few more tonight to see how it goes (perhaps open a new account as well), the ones I registered yesterday still seem to be with me for now.

All depends how many your running in each account you should be fine if it isn't loads

•••
The registrar is definitely aware of this thread, and in my opinion they would have let this deal continue if it had not been abused, and don't fool yourself thinking that it was a loophole that they didn't know anything about or were helpless to stop. By the way why register a bunch of trash that you know you are going to drop, the wise thing was to register 5 (or now 2) domains a day that had good potentials. Now it might not be too late, if everyone changes their behavior and stops abusing the $1 deals and even as I had already mentioned give the registrar a chance to get some new regular customers through your domain sales then they might play nice going forward and they might even increase the limit back to 5 domains again.

All those who are ready to Repent quote this post and indicate that you agree to not abuse this or other promos from now on. :)

•••
The registrar is definitely aware of this thread, and in my opinion they would have let this deal continue if it had not been abused, and don't fool yourself thinking that it was a loophole that they didn't know anything about or were helpless to stop. By the way why register a bunch of trash that you know you are going to drop, the wise thing was to register 5 (or now 2) domains a day that had good potentials. Now it might not be too late, if everyone changes their behavior and stops abusing the $1 deals and even as I had already mentioned give the registrar a chance to get some new regular customers through your domain sales then they might play nice going forward and they might even increase the limit back to 5 domains again.

All those who are ready to Repent quote this post and indicate that you agree to not abuse this or other promos from now on. :)
Guess you are representing netsol:xf.grin:

•••
Now multiply this times 1,000... or better yet 2,000... and run this same calculation again and you just might see the light...

I say you "might" get it, but I understand where most people don't. In order to wrap your head around this, you must have a list of hundreds or thousands of still unregged names that make sense just laying around, waiting, crying, burning a hole in your brain... what if... Well, most people don't, so it's hard for them to comprehend what a life changing opportunity such an $1 promo is! :sneaky:

And I'm not talking about outbound selling, say, 5% or even 10% of the names at mid to high $xxx and dropping the other 90% come renewal time. Don't get me wrong, this is a solid, KISS strategy with an incredible B/E at one or two domains sold and I'm not above improving cashflow this way (y)

But that's peanuts relative to the long game. Read: developing and making $xxx on, say, 80% of the names! That's $xxx monthly, not one off! I mean, why sell the cake off quickly, when you can both have it and eat it, too!

Except... HugeDomains, with an unlimited budget, I'm not! Enter good ol' NetSol with a helping hand to jump start this! :xf.grin:

P.S. I was perfectly happy to keep and renew the 80% of names with NetSol for a great many good years to come at their wholesale rate of $9... provided they don't freeze people out of their accounts! In late 1990's I used to be the NetSol's Gold Partner, so I'm a bit more open minded about them than most, even thought that was a different company, of course. This said, given this new development, I'm forced to rethink that win-win approach (n)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back