IT.COM

Netfirms.com $1.99 .COMs. 2 year registration for $5.98

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Netfirms.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $1.99 for the first year.

$5.98 for two year registrations.

Use coupon code HACKNY and get it for $1.39 for first year or $4.19 for 2 years registrations.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Netfirms transfer works now?

•••
@MasterOfMyDomains did you get those 3 .com for $1.70 cad at the 'register.it' sale that's on today, or is Netfirms promo on again right now?

Netfirms don't do codes they just do promo applied to make cart price low, right?

Last edited:
•••
oh boy! another sleepless night! $1.99 is ON!! but not for long! no sleep for the weary!

as the Statue of Liberty says

"Give me your poor. Your tired. Your huddled masses yearning for .....Dotster $1.99 specials!"

Last edited:
•••
oh boy! another sleepless night! $1.99 is ON!! but not for long! no sleep for the weary!

as the Statue of Liberty says

"Give me your poor. Your tired. Your huddled masses yearning for .....Dotster $1.99 specials!"

Is the promo still on for $1.99 .coms?

•••
@fastcool - are you showing in whois? If so, you'll be fine, the control panel just takes a bit to catch up sometimes, and you will have to validate email

•••
Where is the 1.99 sale when I need it the most? :)
BTW I got confirmation from NF that the transfer was not a pleasant promotion for them and don't think they will ever do it again.

•••
Where is the 1.99 sale when I need it the most? :)
BTW I got confirmation from NF that the transfer was not a pleasant promotion for them and don't think they will ever do it again.

@DomainZombie Do you mean they indicated that - they would not do a transfer promotion again, or that they would not do the 1.99 coms promotion again?!

•••
They indicated that transfer promo was an issue in their system, which as we all know was "fixed". They might do transfer promo again, but I don't think they will.
Did they tell you the time of the next promotion?

•••
of course it did. there is no such thing as a glitch that keeps returning few times a year.. few motnhs apart each time.. and 10s or 100s of thousands of domains transferred under it.. and tons of calls or chats with support iwth questions abotu the transfer promo.. clients giving lists to transfer etc.. companies don't work like that.. and neither do "glitches"

and all this while all sister companies like dotster which are pretty mcuh identical were working perfect without any transfer "glitch" during 2$ reg promos.

aywya... that's just my take on that. everyone beleive what they want.

that being said.. here are my predictions:

5-10 $2 reg promos in 2017
0-1 $2 shortlasting transfer promo in 2017

Last edited:
•••
Gone are the days :( like GD coupons.

•••
It has been about 42 days since the last 1.99 deal.

I have been keeping track and the space between the last 2 deals was about 6 weeks or about 42 days.

If they hold to this pattern we should see another deal very, very soon!

42 days? Shame on you -- you kept it to yourself!

I last saw it Nov 30 2016, and I check about every other day!

But things got weird today -- I somehow got in the 1st page of this thread and went to use the coupon code at Netfirms. As it sometimes does, the first 'cart' screen showed 2 of my domains twice, others (of 4) once, but I usually change that on the next (checkout) screen... except I never got there. I went to a strange page that said "domain registered" , with 1 of the 4 domains I put in the cart. It simply gave me the name, with 2 years prepaid on the reg, free. Never went to a confirmation screen. Tried it again... now I have 2 free domains.

•••
42 days? Shame on you -- you kept it to yourself!

I last saw it Nov 30 2016, and I check about every other day!

But things got weird today -- I somehow got in the 1st page of this thread and went to use the coupon code at Netfirms. As it sometimes does, the first 'cart' screen showed 2 of my domains twice, others (of 4) once, but I usually change that on the next (checkout) screen... except I never got there. I went to a strange page that said "domain registered" , with 1 of the 4 domains I put in the cart. It simply gave me the name, with 2 years prepaid on the reg, free. Never went to a confirmation screen. Tried it again... now I have 2 free domains.

Weird, don't expect it to take though.

I suspect they will discover the bug and you could lose the domain.

•••
So I went back to Netfirms today -- still no charges, and I still have the 2 free domains. I "bought" a 3rd to see what would happen, and this was a little different -- the 1st screen with the stupid blinking squares showed it (a .com) as $9.99 as before, but when I clicked to add it the screen showed it was $0.00 and "1 credit" for 1 year. I changed it to 2 years and it said $9.99, so I change it back to 1 year and clicked NEXT. As before, it skipped the main confirmation screen where you see the invoice and have a chance to put in a promo code, and just said "processing order" and then took me to Registration Central to manage the domain.

I then tried a 4th, but that 2nd screen now said "9.99" for that one, so I backed out.

So YES, Netfirms is so buggy that it's like a malfunctioning ATM that just hands out free domains.

be careful dude. I got screwed on netfirms cuz I processed the order twice but they have no record, so I got charged 2x, didn't get my domains, and no refund.

on the plus side, one time I got the domains reg'd without paying.

That's why I stick with Dotster -- the less incompetent sister/brother/mongrel.

I suggest using dotster primarily

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back