Dynadot

debate Net vs io

NameSilo
Watch

Truespin Domains

Top Member
Impact
I'd been eyeing the domain Xen.io for a while, and had some basic chats with the owner. However, they were looking for more than I was prepared as a reseller to pay.

Today I noticed that the domain has seemingly been sold, and points to Xen.net - which got me thinking...

Are Xen.net planning on moving to the io domain, or are they just protecting their brand? Is io actually "better" then a net domain, at least for some companies?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was just thinking which is the 2nd best domain extension after .com and I was thinking .io seem to be very stylish and growing recently (I still think your average Joe on the street probably doesn't think so but as long as you have a target audience among tech enthusiasts then its worth it)

I heard people say '.net is the b_stard son of .com' before as well...they have nowhere near as much pulling power.

I suppose the order of popularity goes .com, country ext, .org ...?

•••
I'd been eyeing the domain Xen.io for a while, and had some basic chats with the owner. However, they were looking for more than I was prepared as a reseller to pay.

Today I noticed that the domain has seemingly been sold, and points to Xen.net - which got me thinking...

Are Xen.net planning on moving to the io domain, or are they just protecting their brand? Is io actually "better" then a net domain, at least for some companies?

I don't think better, but in some tech circles .io is preferred.

•••
.io is a favorite among software companies because of I/O (input/output). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input/output

.net seems to be bigger with digital companies in general, or any business that wants a trusted extension.

Some companies use .com/net/org as their main customer portal, and use .io for their developer portal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back