IT.COM

discuss Negotiations via Email vs Phone for Inbound Queries

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What works best for you guys? I'm talking only about taking inbound queries forward..

Specifically negotiations that happen in 4 & 5 figures.

I personally prefer Email, but the problem is sometimes buyers stop responding & we have no clue why. Phone - gives better idea about the client, but gives little time to think & respond.

Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the client insist on phone call, then call

•••
The key here is to forget what you want and do whatever it takes to make the sale, or help the sale along. This includes (but not limited to) whatever is the preference of the client. Not yours.

I've made good work both ways, and noticed that while everyone finds the more impersonal nature of emails easier, speaking with someone on the phone can grease the interest enough to close the sale faster/better.

Then again, if the other party also prefers emails or starts negotiating off of it, that can work just as well too, especially for those who don't want the higher-pressure involved in a sales call that they may say no to, when in fact they may have softened up to it if worked through a longer email process.

•••
i agree pretty much with @nicholas said above

buyers have called and emailed, so whatever means of contact they initiate, i just go with the flizz-zo.

imo....

•••
If the person has provided a phone number as well as an email address in their contact details then it's safe to assume that they are okay with both forms of contact. I tend to prefer picking up the phone because it saves lots of time and eliminates the frustrating wait and email ping pong....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back