Dynadot

.com Need help with a domain acquisition from a Chinese owner.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MKA

Established Member
Impact
So apparently, in China, people have a bit of trouble with the Latin alphabet, and the domains that are really popular there are numeric domains. There's one numeric domain in particular I'm interested in, and as luck would have it: the owner is interested in selling it. More specifically: it's not listed on any auction websites, but the domain has a landing page with a "for sale, contact me" form.

But before I jump into this I'd like to know a bit of how to go about this. First and foremost I we need to agree on a sales platform with a middleman, I'm thinking escrow? I haven't used escrow before, so any newbie pro-tips about the service would be nice. Also, is it safe to use my regular email, in the contact form? If you can think of any other tips those would be nice to hear as well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can contact www.4.cn to help you buy it.

Last edited:
•••
is it safe to use my regular email, in the contact form? If you can think of any other tips those would be nice to hear as well.
I do not believe there is a security risk in providing an email address, try using GMAIL mail or an email address with privacy protection.

•••
You can contact 4.cn to help you buy it.
It's not listed there. According to the contact form it's the support email is ddd.com.

•••
It's not listed there. According to the contact form it's the support email is ddd.com.
4. cn's domain name broker will help you complete the whole process of negotiation and purchase.
4. cn is very famous in China, and the seller will be happy to trade in this way.

•••
4. cn's domain name broker will help you complete the whole process of negotiation and purchase.
4. cn is very famous in China, and the seller will be happy to trade in this way.
I'm not really familiar enougn with 4.cn. But luckily it redirected to swd.com which uses Dan, Afternic, and Sedo, which I'm fairly happy to go through.

Last edited:
•••
I once met the broker of DDD.COM on LINKEDIN, maybe you can find a clue there

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back