question Need help on learning idn domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BestDomains2828

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Please I need help on learning idn domain names

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
simple, either buy a Danish keyboard or turn your num lock key on and press the alt key and combos of numbers.

eg, alt key + 159 = ƒ (symbol for guilder dutch money)
another example is alt key+ 0425 = ©

:)

you can also try using xn--()-() combos also

•••
I don't think I understand this type of domain names and how to register them. I just need a head up on how this works.
Thanks.

•••
you cant register this one, I have it but its xn--9hj.com

which is

.com

see how it displays the y and it looks like a L.com

•••
I think the .nets are still available this way.

•••
I have some cool animal and symbol IDNs :xf.grin:
bull-idn-500x500.png

cat-idn-500x500.png
eye-idn-500x500.png

Last edited:
•••
Here is one way to start OP:

Use a special keyboard (like on a Mac you can open this up in Keyboard Preferences) or an online tool like this or this.

Then for conversion into the xn-- code use this tool.

You can register these in some registrars but not all. Some include: Directnic, Name, GD, Dynadot depending on the type you want.

For glyphs like in my post above you'll need one like GD or Directnic. Not all will work.

It's a learning curve and takes some practice and research. I'm only doing these in .com no other extensions. They are not available in all extensions either.

•••
If all you see is a square and not the letters or symbol you'll need the correct font or fonts.

You can start here with this and for the glyphs you can get the Aegyptus font by itself if need be.

•••
•••
It may be hard to find some available for hand reg. I just posted some emojis and idns in the Make Offer section of NP, but outside NP, it might be hard to get them too cheap.

My favorite of mine is ♧ which is actually on my phone's keyboard and not an emoji. ♧ converts to xn--i6h.

Last edited:
•••
How can I create xn--- dfsd.com any dropcatcher for this type of names?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back