Dynadot

Need help choosing web hosting service, please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys,

I've been using free web hosting for quite a while, and now I'm looking forward to subscribe for one paid hosting service to suit all my needs.
My main project needs about 10000 MB / month while the other two needs 2000 MB / month each.
I only use WordPress for the moment and planning to use a directory script (maybe arfoo) and have three main email accounts.
I also need four MySQL databases. And I'm very familiar with cPanel, so I prefer it..

I've got three registered domain names with godaddy and thought maybe paying for their web hosting service may save me quite some money. As there're always coupons that saves on considerable amount of purchase.

I'm asking you, experienced users, to help me out make my mind, as I'm a little bit confused what to choose!
And I'm asking whether the choice of godaddy will really save me some bucks and suits my needs?
And if so, what plans are there for me?

I know you guys here really like helping beginners like me, so thanks in advance ^^

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd recommend against GoDaddy, their hosting service does not have the best reputation.

What sort of budget do you have for this? This will help us to point you in the right direction

•••
I'd like to add that the possession of fully redundant data centers is very important. If you are considering doing business with a smaller hosting vendor, ensure that they have adequate power and connectivity capabilities.

•••
Godaddy's shared hosting has been, in my experience, terribly slow. Uptime was not all that bad, but overall it's not worth using for dynamic (relying on scripts and databases).

Your usage levels don't seem excessive, but do try not to install to many WP plugins. Usually it is one of those that starts using up too much memory or CPU cycles, which will make the host to suspend your account and ask you to solve the issue or upgrade (usually to a $40+ VPS).

Personally, I've had a long and fortunate experience with Hostgator's shared hosting, but of course, your mileage might vary. I've always had small sites with relatively few visitors.

•••
Godaddy is definitely a no-no if you prefer to go with cpanel. There whole system is confusing and doesn't really offer the flexibility that it needs. I say check out the hosting section in the forums.

Right now I am currently using Hostgator - Their reliability is really good, but they are costing me a lot to get connected online.

•••
I have heard nothing but complaints from customers coming to me from HostGator, BlueHost, JustHost, etc..

The problem is with servers being overloaded.

There's plenty of GM to be made off shared servers even without overloading them. Some hosts just get greedy and we see now that they are more focused on quantity not quality.

If you want quality, contact me. I will provide free hosting if you're a developer.

•••
For reliable and consistent web hosting services I suggest you to choose Justhost they are experienced and I'm hosting my websites with them as well.

•••
GoDaddy's hosting service does not have the best reputation. What sort of budget do you have? Perhaps we can make some alternative recommendations for you

•••
No way I can recommend godaddy, I am can surely recommend Webhost UK I got hosting plus most of my domains from them , quick and reliable service happy customer from many years with them.

•••
I recommend 2 web host for shared hosting.

HostMantis.com - Have service with them for a few months, has been great.

StableHost.com - Had previous service with them. Was great then.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Well, When choosing web hosting service you have to take some points into consideration. Such as Price, Bandwidth, Features, Customer support and the Cancellation fee.

•••
I've seen that you live in Morocco. Does it mean you target local customers and customers based in Europe? If you do it is probably a better idea to find any EU based web hosting service.

•••
Have a look on reviews and customer testimonials of hosting companies to choose a reliable one ;)

•••
Hosting from registrars is usually terrible! You are much better off going with a hosting company.

•••
I have used Godaddy shared hosting for a forum for years and don't remember having any problems. Their control panel was slow NOT the sites I had hosted there. Also if you need CPanel then Godaddy is not the place for you.

•••
As far as web hosts go, I would have to reccomend HostingZoom. They have always been pretty good when I used them and they provide failover protection.

I would also need to ask you to consider where most of your website traffic will be coming from. Once you know the answer to that question, it would be best to get hosting from within that same country at least. Because if your hosting account is in the USA and your target audience is China or the UK, the visitors are going to have a greater amount of hops to get to your server which creates more lag in how fast the site actually loads.

•••
HostingZoom is really good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back