IT.COM

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking hosting24.com- offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hosts who offer unlimited hard drive space or anything of the sort are blowing smoke, It's impossible to keep such a promise.

Generally, If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

•••
Unlimited = BAD!

Good for advertising though, sadly. You have already said that you are only using 1.5gb of disk space, why not buy a plan from a (better) smaller host. You aren't using the mystical unlimited amount that you want anyway.

•••
perhaps you should first figure out which part of your website is using up so many resources. my computer uses a lot of resources even though it doesn't get any visitors. ;)

•••
I have been using fused for the last 6 months or so and am very happy with their service.
Very good helpdesk in my experience, live chat has answered any questions and helped me work things out very quickly.
Good luck.

•••
I agree, FusedHosting.net would be my choice from now on,

there support is excellent and the owners are members here.

•••
Despite I consider this thread as a very spam-like, I shall give my recommendation of the hosting service, because many people here did not paid any mod's attention towards this OP.

So, after considering your needs, the company stated at the OP, and taking into the attention the words of the people replied here, I advice you to take a look at
webhostgiant.com - this company has lowest price among other reliable companies and offer pretty large space and bandwidth specifications at their shared/reseller deals. I think you might become interested, unless you are a spammer surely.

•••
I suppose that you have found the one.
FYI: there are no unlimited things connected to the space or bandwidth.

•••
It seems I have seen the same on other forums as well and that is really difficult to determine if that is kind of reviews or request?

•••
If you are looking for reliable company which will provide you with uninterrupted hosting services, I'd like to recommend you to check out simplehelix.com, hostican.com and webintellects.com - no doubt, these company will meet your expectations. Choose the most appropriate for you.

•••
I assume that you understand that: if you believe in servers with unlimited hard drives go ahead and buy such service. But once you hope for unlimited and realize that is limited you will regret.
So decision is always yours.

•••
I have been with apthost.com for very long time. excellent service and price. highly recommended. good people

•••
Taking into consideration your needs and requirements, I suggest you to check out ahosting.biz. They are able to help you with everything you may need. All technical problems are resolved within a few minutes, more complicated tasks within 24 hours. It would be good decision to deal with it.

•••
•••
Re: Please help me in choosing web hosting

Hi friend,
I am not sure about the market price for hosting the site 2 gb of space, so my suggestion is that you just check the price on the internet and then decide,which one is better for you?

•••
Price to price as provider to provider are different i believe. Or what do you mean by refereeing to checking that in the Internet?

•••
Try looking up such provider as MMhosting.com - they have really cheap rates and offer quality hosting for any allowed types of sites. They offer free domain names and they are providing 99.9 per cents uptime, as it is seen from webhostingstuff.com monitoring.

•••
Well, I suggest you to check a2hosting.com web hosting offers. This company will pass on the savings to you. You can use the code "ihearta2" and save 20% on new purchases. Hurry up because it is going to be expired.

•••
Suggest you services from Iwhic.com.
It's very cheap and their plans are feature-rich and their servers are stable with high uptime.

•••
Among suggested I would choose MMhosting.com - not unlimited, but large, cheap, and stable provider, with phone support and long time business experiences... Pro's only)))

•••
I use www.DreamHost.com
I recommend www.DreamHost.com
I have a promo code ( GRANDMA ) that gives you $60 off the 1 year unlimited domains hosting, bringing down the price from $119.40 to $59.40 for 12 months hosting
That is a once only payment of $59.40 for 12 months hosting of as many domains as you want
Includes one click instal for wordpress , joomla and others
More features than you will ever need
More space and bandwidth than you will ever need
24/7 email support
Use the promo code GRANDMA

•••
You can also try velnetweb.co.uk/, they provide:

* 50MB web hosting space
* 10 POP3 email accounts
* Full 24X7 FTP access
* 10 email aliases
* 1GB Data transfer per month
* Auto-responder
* Password protected directories
* Spam filter
* CGI/Perl, Mod Perl, PHP, SSI
* Private Webmail
* Webalizer graphical web stats
* Online backup tool
* 24/7 Technical support
* File manager

•••
I just moved to nakedhosting. Well, they say traffic/space unmetered. That's of course an illusion. But anyway, they offer all features you need, no downtimes until now and the loading speed is more than okay. Btw, my site requires takes 2 gigabytes webspace and currently has 1,000 visites daily. Works all fine. *knocking on wood*

edit: the site in my siggy I'm also hosting there under the same account. But it's not the site I'm mentioning in my post.

•••
anyweb said:
I use www.DreamHost.com
I recommend www.DreamHost.com
I have a promo code ( GRANDMA ) that gives you $60 off the 1 year unlimited domains hosting, bringing down the price from $119.40 to $59.40 for 12 months hosting
That is a once only payment of $59.40 for 12 months hosting of as many domains as you want
Includes one click instal for wordpress , joomla and others
More features than you will ever need
More space and bandwidth than you will ever need
24/7 email support
Use the promo code GRANDMA
Watch outthere I've heard they hit you for renewals at 200$ or other crazy ammounts a year.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back