IT.COM

question Need advice on domain name and business name

NameSilo
Watch

ordersonwheels

Impact
Hi all. I'm new to this forum so please don't start attacking me if I started a thread in the wrong place of the forum. Regarding the advice, my wife and I are in the process of establishing our first business ever. The business will initially consist of cooking and delivering but we are not a restaurant. I'm hoping in the future to branch out to other different industries...just like uber..LOL...

We are stuck on naming the business and thus the domain name, but we shortlisted the list to 2 names. I wish those who read this to give their input. Please note that the business will be an ordering on line of course. The two names are: 1. orders on wheels, ordersonwheels.com and 2. kaza orders, kazaorders.com. We have also registered all kaza orders similar names.

What do you think is the best name? which of the two is catchy or more attractive, etc? Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you.

PS. Oh yes, forgot to mention I live in Canada

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My vote goes to ordersonwheels.com as its more brandable.

•••
iwebconnects, thank you for your prompt reply...do you think it's a good one too?

•••
I'm not too sure on either to be honest. In the UK we have meals on wheels which caters for the old and infirm, and Kazaorders doesent sit well, what with the a before the o. Perhaps if your looking to have kaz in it kazorders? Flows off the tongue easier.

•••
•••
It sounds like your taking orders for wheels to me. :)

How much would you offer us to sell you a better name?
well it depends on the name....

•••
Don't let him take advantage of you. He smells blood in the water and wants a piece.

I don't like either of the names personally.

Meals on Wheels is also a food delivery service for the poor and sick in New England.

•••
Frankly speaking we will start providing, cooking and delivering, hot lunches to elementary school kids. but then we will not stop at that and hope to branch out to different industries. I had this idea for years but didn't have the means to do it. now I'm all for it. Through advertising we will state exactly what we'll be doing and then we could just branch out to different fields as said earlier. ....Do you like the name?

•••
Don't let him take advantage of you. He smells blood in the water and wants a piece.

I don't like either of the names personally.

Meals on Wheels is also a food delivery service for the poor and sick in New England.

Does that put me in a negative start, having meals on wheels being so famous for charity

•••
you know guys/gals...i'm really happy to have found this forum....

•••
I think it does.

Being confused with another organization could make a branding attempt very costly.

•••
You are stating business so it solely depends on your like or dislike. From two names mentioned I think so everyone choose ordersonwheels.com

•••
orders on wheels is the best of the two,for me,but as already mentioned doesnt say what your ordering,even though meals on wheels is a known phrase it could mean anything
Kazameals is available
is it you that has kazafood/com? i prefer that too the others

•••
CanadaFoodDelivery.com is also available best for SEO as your main business lies in Canada only.
Moreover its approx. 9 years old domain.

•••
orders on wheels is the best of the two,for me,but as already mentioned doesnt say what your ordering,even though meals on wheels is a known phrase it could mean anything
Kazameals is available
is it you that has kazafood/com? i prefer that too the others

No. we got kazaorders.com and all its similarities eg kasaorders, casaorders ect...The only reason I don't want to add the word FOOD is because we might branch out to different areas of business later, say package deliveries, minicab services etc...

•••
Personally since you're a business owner with dreams of scaling the business offering in future I'd stick to a generic or category name as @Axc suggested as opposed to a function related name as "orders" implies. So something like Kazaoncall or Kazaondemand makes it work across areas you want to scale into.

You are probably better off just getting a branding agency for a few $ rather than buying up lots of domains though...

•••
Personally since you're a business owner with dreams of scaling the business offering in future I'd stick to a generic or category name as @Axc suggested as opposed to a function related name as "orders" implies. So something like Kazaoncall or Kazaondemand makes it work across areas you want to scale into.

You are probably better off just getting a branding agency for a few $ rather than buying up lots of domains though...

branding agencies are very expensive I hear.

•••

do you know of one that is good and reasonably priced....how much should i expect to pay a branding company

•••
It would be best to focus on "Kaza" with a suffix, kaza.kitchen (redirect kazakitchen.com). You could then look to upgrade your domain if/when you grow your business into the next Uber.

"ordersonwheels" has no direct meaning while it is also too generic to build your identity on.

•••
If your going for a new business you cannot really ride the coat tails of another business with a very similar name, I.e Meals on wheels Vs Orders on wheels and you would be providing a similar service. This could get very messy and expensive if your business grows as could lead to a legal challenge on the name, brand etc. I would advise on avoiding all possible trademark issue's.

Your is primarily a catering business, a domain available right now to buy is KazCatering.com

To me you could work this as both a brandable and it describes your business perfectly. Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best, just be very careful not to tread on anybody else's trademark.

•••
For a logo design, with consultancy you would typically pay $60 USD (per hour) for a freelance, $200 USD (per hour) for an agency. Branding (inc logotype, stationery) typically start from $1000. You may find cheaper for a young designer, but check their portfolio and ensure that you feel confident about their work before committing to any commissions.

•••
do you know of one that is good and reasonably priced....how much should i expect to pay a branding company

I have no idea of the marketing and branding landscape in Canada, so wouldn't be able to recommend a branding agency for you. However your issue sounds more like a branding one than a domain one - you could have the best domain name in the world but if you don't plot the scaling from food delivery to the rest of your dream properly you'll end up with a lot of drop off and/or really confused customers as your business grows.

•••
Have a play around with leandomainsearch.com or flamedomain.com you might be able to come up with another idea for a brandable name

•••
I don't like any. Ordersonwheels is too generic, there is no point of identification whatsoever.

Kaza from another hand has a strong point of identification, but just sounds clumsy. And very similar to Spanish "casa".

•••
I think that best idea for you something simple like - yourcompanynameyoumainservice.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back