Domain Empire

Need advice. Is this a scam or Potential Lawsuit?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I ignored the guys first email but he sends another one. Have any of you received this? It sounds like he just ran a emailer script.

---------------------------------

Hi there,

I wrote you 24 hours ago but did not receive a reply. Perhaps, there were some communication problems between our email servers.

Our company is a domain investor. After doing a keyword search we have found your domain for sale.
I've decided to contact you direct via email. I've found your email address via WHO IS.

Is this domain still available for sale? Even if it's not for sale please let me know.

If it's still available for sale please email us your asking price.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I will contact you. Please don't send us multiple emails if you don't receive a reply from us and keep our email address confidential.
Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I will contact you as soon as possible.

Do you have a PayPal account?

Kindest regards,

Brian Taylor

CEO

MCSE, MCSD

LivSnyter

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmm dont know on that one seems to be ok but than again it might be a scam

•••
Did he/she e-mail you with the e-mail address which is included in your WHOIS Information?

•••
•••
Yes it was the email that i used in my whois which I don't use, its just forwarded to my main email. I checked for trademarks there wasnt any. But I never had the domain listed for sale. And its a live site.

haha thanks coolhost. another worm.

•••
tell him "your not interested, however, you will entertain their offer. I have high hopes for this one"
You might also want to say you only take offers
and dont give them. sounds kind of bossy.

•••
sounds like a spam but you can still respond none the less

•••
This is a well known scam. Here's the scenario:

You already got a Pseudo offer.

You reply yes it's for sale.

He replies he will buy the domain, but wants an appraisal to verify its worth. He will accept appraisals from only three companies he trusts (one of which he owns and is the cheapest listed).

You get appraisal and never hear from him again, or his potential buyer has found another domain.

See this thread. I'll bet it will look familiar:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7874&highlight=appraisal+scam

•••
Same scam you guys helped me avoid, slightly different flavor. BTW another forum is being attacked by these guys because of posting a stickey alert about the scam. They are doing a Ddos type attack, mass mailings and usenet posts, as well as mass emailings to domain name owners pretending to be representatives of the forum, and making C&D type threats to tarnish the reputation of the forum.
Some people work the internet as if it were theirs to abuse as they please. >:(

Last edited:
•••
Oh, the appraisal scammers strike again!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back