IT.COM

question Native English speakers, what sounds better?

NameSilo
Watch

miko137

Established Member
Impact
I wanted some help from native english speakers, what sounds better for a brand of souvenirs for tourists:
treasuresOFthecaribbean
or
treasuresFROMthecaribbean
?????
thank you for your help.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I prefer "Treasures of the Caribbean"

Have you though about something else because I think this is too long, maybe something like these 2 are a lot better IMO

CaribbeanTreasure.com
CaribbeanTreasures.com

•••
thanks for the response gilescoley, this is actually the name for a brand, not just a domain. It is more a question of english lenguage than domaining i guess.

•••
TreasuresOfTheCarribean sounds much better

•••
On the other hand treasuresfromthecaribbean.com looks available

Maybe we are all used to hearing Pirates of the Caribbean too

Goodluck

•••
Well, that is not the real name of the brand, I was using Caribbean as an example,:)
It sounds more natural to me using "treasures of" but since it is for souvenirs that tourist are going to be taking home I thought "treasures from" could be more appropriated. But since english is not my mother tongue I'm asking for advise from my friends :)

Last edited:
•••
Treasures from may work for some
TreasureOfHawaii or TreasuresFromHawaii
The doesnt fit
The geo name would decide what other words to use. I know you dont want to divulge the name, but its hard to determine without it

•••
thanks momd, the real name is without the "the".
Hawaii would be a better example, TreasureOfHawaii or TreasuresFromHawaii?

•••
TreasuresFromHawaii 70/30 over TreasuresOfHawaii
watch your spelling

•••
•••
I would go with "from." Pirates of the Caribbean" has really skewed the answers here I think.

If it's stuff that will leave the place (either carried home or shipped), "from" is the word for anyplace except the Caribbean, where you would gain from the movie title.

•••
•••
treasuresthatareoriginatedintheregioncalledthecarribeans.com

•••
Of if geo name, probably.

Of if general, especially if not physical items you buy/export.

From if clearly a physical item coming to you from that place.

Treasures of France could be a list of places to visit or a historical site, or stuff made/sold there.

Treasures from France suits buying furniture, jewellery etc made there and is more explicit about that.

To my ear when spoken of sounds better - and more memorable.

•••
•••
"treasures OF the caribbean" is far far better than from version!!

•••
•••
The first post from @giles was the most correct.

CaribbeanTreasure
CaribbeanTreasures

Are both better as it's a simple "adjective" "noun" format that is how things in English are formed.
The other suggestions are awkward but given the choice... "Of the" is better than "from the" for the simple reason that "of the" retains the adjectival nature of the phrase which @carob more or less said.

The number of people that have misspelled Caribbean despite you providing it is staggering.

•••
It really depends what the site if about

If its about vacation spots in the Caribbean or other tourists destination there then you want a name like

treasuresOFthecaribbean

But if you plan on selling items like maybe a can of air or jewelry etc from the caribbean then the name

treasuresFROMthecaribbean

is better

•••
Souvenir of best quality?

~Corect answer can not be last. To agreed..

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back