NameSilo

NameSilo no longer drop/lowering the max bid

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

You Like This Update ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

AIS01

Top Member
Impact
Contacted with namesilo support regarding this matter. here is the mail what he replied.

profile_mask2.png

NameSilo Support via namesilollc.zohodesk.com
Thu, Nov 29, 8:47 PM (14 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me, support
cleardot.gif

Hi,

Yes, we no longer drop the max bid. This allows for a more free auction system where everyone can participate

I don't Like This Update. and You ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contacted with namesilo support regarding this matter. here is the mail what he replied.

profile_mask2.png

NameSilo Support via namesilollc.zohodesk.com
Thu, Nov 29, 8:47 PM (14 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me, support
cleardot.gif

Hi,

Yes, we no longer drop the max bid. This allows for a more free auction system where everyone can participate

I don't Like This Update. and You ??
It happened because a lot of people complained the max bid reduction and chance to bid, i doubt they will change back now

•••
It happened because a lot of people complained the max bid reduction and chance to bid, i doubt they will change back now
i think you are right.(y) but i loved namesilo only for maxbid lowering system. because this is the different system from others. but now after this update namesilo equal to others.:xf.frown:

•••
This is good for the ones with deep pockets & NamSilo.

Not so good for the others.

Still is my favorite registrar.

•••
•••
Last year, I tried a couple of times. All domains that I bid were renewed by the their owners.
I found it an utter waste of time
Has anything changed on that aspect ?

•••
Last year, I tried a couple of times. All domains that I bid were renewed by the their owners.
I found it an utter waste of time
Has anything changed on that aspect ?
For me, i think only 10-20% of domains i grab there end renewed. But i mostly buy SEO domains there, like 2/3.

•••
I can't help but think this new change has something to do with @namesilo new ownership -- Brisio Innovations.

... and to think, I thought new ownership was a good thing.

Welp. Looks like I'll have to find a new favorite registrar now.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t like it I think the high price is outrageous on some of the names to begin with. But that’s their perogative. I have been slowly moving my names out of NameSilo.

•••
Their system was not broken, there was no need for this 'fix'.

Another good thing spoilt for the average domainer and especially newcomers hoping to get good domains cheap.

•••
I've noticed this, thought it was more to do with the new wave of clowns (or maybe it's just 1 person) bidding $1 as soon as a decent name comes on and turns the auction into a bidding war.

You used to be able pick up some decent names on NameSilo, I've made a profit on a few domains i picked up from expired auctions, used to check everyday, but because of all the $1 bids, i don't bother anymore.

Last edited:
•••
it won't affect 4L, 5N and Aged domains they remain the same but sure for other domains

•••
I wonder, all domains that end unsold there, will eventually end in common registry drop?

•••
i think Namesilo need to be add a auction closeout option.like godaddy. :)

•••
Hello everyone - to shed some light on this change, we modified our auction login because we received overwhelming feedback from users that they were getting locked out of auctions. The change we made will simply prevent the Max Bid ceiling from dropping too low on an expiring domain, so as to allow a user to bid their true value for it. While we understand change is never fun, the impact of this change seems to be getting a little overstated.

To clarify:
- We are still going to have Max Bids in place to be fair to all bidders around the world, and those that bid the Max Bid will still be assured that no one else can outbid them in that auction.
- This change is not going to force you to bid the max bid, you're still very much free to bid your true value for expiring domains, even if it's $1. If no one else outbids, you'll win the auction as per normal.

Hope that clarifies some of the confusion above.
-NameSilo Support

•••
Current Result.

You Like This Update ?

1. Yes,I Like.
    4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. *
    No, I Don't Like.
    16 vote(s)
    80.0%
Total: 20 vote(s)

•••
They need to run expired auctions like GoDaddy. It’s a win for everyone that way!

•••
@namesilo Please add a auction closeout system like Godaddy.:)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back